IGNORED

National Media

Roadrunner

Up to now the national media has not given us a mention. I will be upset and angry if tomorrow and over the week end,the boys fantastic achievement is not mentioned.Good to hear our fans singing their hearts out on the radio tonight. Once again i am very proud city fan tonight.

nationwide? This was on ESPN!

Nationwide: Robins make a perfect 10

A late Aaron Brown goal enabled Bristol City to register a 10th successive win and move to the top of Nationwide Division Two tonight, as leaders Plymouth slipped up.

City led through Lee Miller's 10th-minute goal at Grimsby, but were pegged back by Iain Anderson's 31st-minute penalty. But Brown struck in the 88th-minute to seal a 2-1 success and move Danny Wilson's in-form side to the top of the table.

The Robins are now a point clear of previous leaders Plymouth, who slipped up in stunning fashion at Tranmere.

nationwide?  This was on ESPN!
Really? I got this of ESPN:

Aaron Brown conjured up a late goal as Bristol City recorded a 10th successive victory, 2-1 at managerless Grimsby, to go top of the table.

City looked to have wasted the chance of snatching pole position before Brown poked home an 88th-minute winner.

Danny Wilson's side missed a string of chances after Lee Miller put them ahead in the 10th minute.

Brown was one of the culprits for the visitors, failing to beat Grimsby goalkeeper Aidan Davison from just eight yards.

But the Mariners were handed a lifeline just after the half-hour mark when City's Matthew Hill was harshly adjudged to have brought down Isaiah Rankin in the penalty area and Iain Anderson blasted home the spot-kick.

Lee Peacock had a goal ruled out for offside after the break and Miller hit the crossbar as City went in search of a winner.

Stuart Campbell was denied by the post during a Grimsby breakaway before Brown popped up to snatch maximum points for City.

Guest Crab Lungs SFC

Hey, I'm an Southampton FC fan, just perusing and found some nice comments regarding our now departed wee man, Gordon Strachan, but I just wanted to say that I have noticed your form (albeit thanks to SkySports! :dunno: ) and would like to congratulate you on your recent results and current run of 10 out of 10.

To be unbeaten in 10 games is marvellous, but to win all 10 is exceptional.

I keep hearing quite a bit about Marc Goodfellow, can anyone tell me any more about this guy? I think he was signed from Stoke, £75,000, but thats really as far as I know...

As for the media, they are biased, unitellectual office geeks who very rarely get anything right - The Premiershite being an example, The Sun, although can't help but read it at work another fine example. I have nothing but contempt for certain circles of the media that overlook so called 'smaller clubs' achievements in favour of what colour boots Cristiano Ronaldo is wearing or Thierry Henry's aftershave.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season, will check back every now and then and keep up to date with the red half of Bristol.

Regards,

Crab Lungs aka Ben.

Before our winning streak started, I seem to remember that around Christmas time (or just a little before that), Plymouth and QPR were both mentioned on the Nationwide League section of Division 2 for being the favourites to succeed in obtaining Automatic promotion to Division 1 by the end of the season, with Plymouth being the narrow favourites to win the Division over QPR after Plymouth's fairly good recent run of form at around that period of time.

Since then I haven't watched that program since, but I think it would be interested to watch it again now considering that City have won a straight 10 wins on the bounce and are looking to extend their run even further come Saturday!

I think it's all looking good for us at the moment and I can only hope that it will continue on and on the same way it is at the moment! :clap::dunno:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:blink::wub:

Guest Lockerman

Personally I would like them to stay away and keep things as low key as possible, shout when we are champions, we can then let the whole world know.

Keep as much pressure away from the team as humanly possible.

Come on you Reds. :dunno:

Hey, I'm an Southampton FC fan, just perusing and found some nice comments regarding our now departed wee man, Gordon Strachan, but I just wanted to say that I have noticed your form (albeit thanks to SkySports!  :dunno: ) and would like to congratulate you on your recent results and current run of 10 out of 10.

To be unbeaten in 10 games is marvellous, but to win all 10 is exceptional.

I keep hearing quite a bit about Marc Goodfellow, can anyone tell me any more about this guy? I think he was signed from Stoke, £75,000, but thats really as far as I know...

As for the media, they are biased, unitellectual office geeks who very rarely get anything right - The Premiershite being an example, The Sun, although  can't help but read it at work another fine example. I have nothing but contempt for certain circles of the media that overlook so called 'smaller clubs' achievements in favour of what colour boots Cristiano Ronaldo is wearing or Thierry Henry's aftershave.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season, will check back every now and then and keep up to date with the red half of Bristol.

Regards,

Crab Lungs aka Ben.

Top man! Lokk foward to hearing from you!

Archived