IGNORED

John Laycock.

Barrow Boy

As reported in the national papers today, John Laycock has sold his stake in Brandon Tool Hire for £17million. As Laycock isn't short of a bob or two anyway, it looks like he now has a lot of 'liquid cash' to invest.....

Since Laycock left when in the aftermath of Tinnion's departure, the board has been reduced to 2 men. I'm sure Laycock, and his pockets full of cash, would be welcomed back into the boardroom. Then we may get the investment in the team to get us up. Landsdown has said that he'd love investment into the club, and he may move sideways to give laycock more control.

What do you think fella's?

And has anyone seen my sparrow? :dunno:

I have a feeling that John Laycock will never work with the current board again. Following the fiasco of the Tinnion sacking/mutual consent and the lack of communication.

I don't blame him either, if you are on the board you need to be consulted on the matter.

I'd love to see him back, just due to the fact the acadamy was his baby and its now starting to come through and produce players.

As reported in the national papers today, John Laycock has sold his stake in Brandon Tool Hire for £17million. As Laycock isn't short of a bob or two anyway, it looks like he now has a lot of 'liquid cash' to invest.....

Since Laycock left when in the aftermath of Tinnion's departure, the board has been reduced to 2 men. I'm sure Laycock, and his pockets full of cash, would be welcomed back into the boardroom. Then we may get the investment in the team to get us up. Landsdown has said that he'd love investment into the club, and he may move sideways to give laycock more control.

What do you think fella's?

And has anyone seen my sparrow? :dunno:

Would love to see him back B Boy, but not sure if he and SL didnt fall out.

I liked John, met him loads of times in and around the gate, and would always talk and enjoy a beer with him.

don't hold out to much hope of his return but you never know

Would love to see him back B Boy, but not sure if he and SL didnt fall out.

I liked John, met him loads of times in and around the gate, and would always talk and enjoy a beer with him.

don't hold out to much hope of his return but you never know

I always had a good intuition about John too.

Does anyone know the truth behind him and StevieL?

Edit:Sorry CityKev 82, just read your post, d'oh, kinda answers my question.

My girlfriends father still plays golf with Laycock every week, and he seems to think that the damage isn't beyond repair. Certainly there was a hefty falling out over Tinnion, but when the club was struggling like it was tempers run high. In cash terms, Laycock has more that Landsdown, so i wouldn't be surprisedif he may take over as Chairman once more.

We have a wealthy board of directors, if Laycock comes back, and investment in the team could increase.

I'd love for there to be more people on the board, but the last thing we need is any disagreements. I'd like to see Laycock back but only if they're sure they can work together.

Not being able to work together and disagreeing are two seperate things. Disagreeing is the best possible thing for business, it shows strength and character, instead of YES YES YES men.

I'ld like to see Laycock workign with Steve. More on the board means more opinions, ideas and hopefully more success.

Totally agree with that. But I think the differences between JL and SL may run too deep - I hope not as JL has a lot to offer, not just money.

Absolutely correct. No use getting some clown in without an ounce of business sense, i don't want a michael carroll type character investing in the club. JL has a proven record of making businsses successful, and i think he'll be regretting his decision to leave the club.

Hmm...wish i could ask SteveL to beg him to come back! :w00t::whistle:

Archived