IGNORED

The Stupidest Email Ive Ever Had!

Dollymarie

Ok so I got this email today, and for about 10 seconds I thought it was genuine,

Hey everyone,

i don't normally send this sort of stuff out but had a look on the

internet

and its actually true . On the 1st of november , we will have to pay

for the

use of our MSN and email accounts unless we send this message to at

least 18

contacts on your contact list. It's no joke if you don't believe me

then go

to the site Go on to this site and its a BBC news article about its

proposal

for charging people ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1189119.stm )

and

see for yourself. Anyways once you've sent this message to at least 18

contacts , your msn dude will become blue. please copy and paste don't

forward cos people won't take notice of it.

until I clicked on the link and realised the BBC news article was from 2001, and its currently fooling thousands of people a day as a spoof chain letter email.

Anyone else had these?

Can someone explain this?

Why do people send fake e-mails saying things like "If you send this to 18 people you get a free phone" etc...

What's in it for them?

People say "don't open them", what happens if you open them?

Can someone explain this?

Why do people send fake e-mails saying things like "If you send this to 18 people you get a free phone" etc...

What's in it for them?

People say "don't open them", what happens if you open them?

Sometimes it can be phishing................... sometimes collecting of email adds for junk mail blitz....... sometimes more dark reasons................. if in doubt don't open em thicket!

You have been warned ........ now just copy and paste this message to 200 of your mates...... but we know you only have one ;) ..... and they don't really like you anyway...........

P.S........ If you think I'm being unfair or rude ...... just send your bank details and passwords to me as I have been informed that we need to check if you are really BB....... Please note

Your Bristol City FC Forum account will be suspended if you can not comply.......

Sometimes it can be phishing................... sometimes collecting of email adds for junk mail blitz....... sometimes more dark reasons................. if in doubt don't open em thicket!

You have been warned ........ now just copy and paste this message to 200 of your mates...... but we know you only have one ;) ..... and they don't really like you anyway...........

P.S........ If you think I'm being unfair or rude ...... just send your bank details and pass words to me as I have been informed that we need to check if you are really BB....... Please note

Your Bristol City FC Forum account will be suspended if you can not comply.......

ummm, whats phishing? What do they gain from junk mail blitz? Dark reasons? Thicket?

I'll try and work them out;

Phishing = Fishing

Junk mail = they get an enormous sense of well being and are happy for the rest of the day

Dark reasons = They send them in the middle of the night via their staff who are zombies

Thicket = a free ticket if you open it.

P.S........ If you think I'm being unfair or rude ...... just send your bank details and pass words to me as I have been informed that we need to check if you are really BB....... Please note

X 200 :dance:

ummm, whats phishing? What do they gain from junk mail blitz? Dark reasons? Thicket?

I'll try and work them out;

Phishing = Fishing

Junk mail = they get an enormous sense of well being and are happy for the rest of the day

Dark reasons = They send them in the middle of the night via their staff who are zombies

Thicket = a free ticket if you open it.

X 200 :dance:

Sory you no sentt bank details......... I transfar 110000000000000 USD to you now, ned baank detales :)

I think chain mails should be on one of LordoftheBlings rant. I get so many and half of them are weird. I had one which was, if you don't send this email to 10 contacts in the next 10 minutes you will have an unlucky life :blink: , there are some which are sad like a girl dying but I just laugh :blink:. Quite funny how so many people have got fooled it's still going round now. :w00t:

I hate it when people send you those bullitin message things on 'myspace'. And if you don't reply they will apparently kill you in your sleep/your mum/dad/cat/dog. Argh! There's a new one everyday, i spend my nights wide-eyed and waking up in a puddle of sweat (at least I hope that's what it is) really gets on my t**s

The type that I see quite a lot is the Nigerian 419 scam, with the promise of untold millions from diamonds, govt contracts etc. They are so badly written and far-fetched it is ridiculous, but, I read a while back that it is reckoned that on any given day there is at least 1 person sat in the lobby of a London hotel waiting to meet someone who has promised the dosh. Amazing how stupid and blinkered people can be.

The type that I see quite a lot is the Nigerian 419 scam, with the promise of untold millions from diamonds, govt contracts etc. They are so badly written and far-fetched it is ridiculous, but, I read a while back that it is reckoned that on any given day there is at least 1 person sat in the lobby of a London hotel waiting to meet someone who has promised the dosh. Amazing how stupid and blinkered people can be.

I had one once from some bird who was in a refugee camp after her family had all beem murdered by the Baddies. Daddy had left her 9.7m quid in the bank and all I had to do was send her my bank details so she could transfer the money to me and then I could send her an airline ticket out of the country. Smelt a scam when ony 5m quid was transferred so did'nt worry about sending the ticket !

Ok so I got this email today, and for about 10 seconds I thought it was genuine,

Hey everyone,

i don't normally send this sort of stuff out but had a look on the

internet

and its actually true . On the 1st of november , we will have to pay

for the

use of our MSN and email accounts unless we send this message to at

least 18

contacts on your contact list. It's no joke if you don't believe me

then go

to the site Go on to this site and its a BBC news article about its

proposal

for charging people ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1189119.stm )

and

see for yourself. Anyways once you've sent this message to at least 18

contacts , your msn dude will become blue. please copy and paste don't

forward cos people won't take notice of it.

until I clicked on the link and realised the BBC news article was from 2001, and its currently fooling thousands of people a day as a spoof chain letter email.

Anyone else had these?

I've had this countless times now. Does my head in! And people actually believe it :laugh:

Archived