IGNORED

Programmes

i_am_red

it says here that programmes are £3 and that they are giving £1 to diabetes which is fair enough, but they are raising their prices which means they get another 50p revenue from each one. Also, I know it sounds harsh, but it seems to me that by giving money to the charity they are encouraging people to buy the programme at the higher price. I think I will just give the £1 to the charity instead of buying the programme, which is awful, no real detail on opposition like last years, the club seems to be using the charity. This club is just so full of BS

arnt promgrammes usually £2.50 anyway?

I dunno, you'd have to ask someone who buy's them, still, if somebody wanted to buy a programme and didn't want to donate to that charety (or any charety for that matter) then it's fairly unreasonable of the Club to denigh them that wish.

Guest Tactical Genius

why buy a programme anyway?

given that teams are read out before kick off, and players have their names on shirts the need for a programme has been removed from the modern game.

given that teams are read out before kick off, and players have their names on shirts the need for a programme has been removed from the modern game.

I'm afraid I disagree. I find it quite interesting to have all the team stats etc in front of me before hand, to see whats been going on in the club (not everything is posted on the web) and to read interviews etc. And many people have been collecting them for years. xxx

Guest Tactical Genius

well if you like reading the same trite articles week after week don't let me stop you, but don't moan about being ripped off.

I agree. I haven't bought one for years, and won't again in the future, unless by some miracle we make it to an FA Cup final or something like that. They're little more than an extra advertsing tool nowdays, and there is little, if anything worth reading in them.

I agree. I haven't bought one for years, and won't again in the future, unless by some miracle we make it to an FA Cup final or something like that. They're little more than an extra advertsing tool nowdays, and there is little, if anything worth reading in them.

There is bound to be thirty odd bucket shakers around the ground then.....

Just drop a pound in there and its sorted

• Admin

I'm afraid I disagree. I find it quite interesting to have all the team stats etc in front of me before hand, to see whats been going on in the club (not everything is posted on the web) and to read interviews etc. And many people have been collecting them for years. xxx

I "used" to enjoy looking at the league table. .. .

I stopped buying them earlier in the season because of the amount of rubbish in them, but since the page increase I decided to try one recently - it's just more rubbish with adverts. The pictures can be found on the site, the interview is probably the best bit, and the feature is usually printed on the site at least a day beforehand! Waste of £2.50 :)

• Admin

I stopped buying them earlier in the season because of the amount of rubbish in them, but since the page increase I decided to try one recently - it's just more rubbish with adverts. The pictures can be found on the site, the interview is probably the best bit, and the feature is usually printed on the site at least a day beforehand! Waste of £2.50 :)

Ron you have nailed it, with the amount of stuff on the net nowadys a programme is nearly defunct. . .

I dunno, you'd have to ask someone who buy's them, still, if somebody wanted to buy a programme and didn't want to donate to that charety (or any charety for that matter) then it's fairly unreasonable of the Club to denigh them that wish.

What a sad view to have. It's only an additional 50p, which is hardly a fortune! All I hope is your suggestion that people will think it unreasonable only applies to a very small minority...

... how ironic you use a picture of John Lennon as your avatar. Someone who tried to promote peace, love and understanding.

• Admin

What a sad view to have. It's only an additional 50p, which is hardly a fortune! All I hope is your suggestion that people will think it unreasonable only applies to a very small minority...

... how ironic you use a picture of John Lennon as your avatar. Someone who tried to promote peace, love and understanding.

To be fair, it is a valuable point - the club should not really be forcing this onto people, regardless of how waranting the charity is of the donation is.

I believe the problem is that Bristol City have advertsied that they are donating £1 of all programme sales, but in affect putting the price up they are still covering their costs....

If it had been £2.50 as normal, they would have made £1.50 each now they make £2 only 50p down on before, hardly a great donation.

To be fair, it is a valuable point - the club should not really be forcing this onto people, regardless of how waranting the charity is of the donation is.

I believe the problem is that Bristol City have advertsied that they are donating £1 of all programme sales, but in affect putting the price up they are still covering their costs....

If it had been £2.50 as normal, they would have made £1.50 each now they make £2 only 50p down on before, hardly a great donation.

thats my point exactly just couldn't find the right words

I know its non football related, but Bristol Zoo have done the same with there entrance fees, they have added a pond "donation" to the standard price, and if you do not want to pay it, you have to say so as you enter. It all seems a little forced to me. If people want to give to charity they will, without it being forced apon them! xxx

• Admin

Don't much care if it's a one off as implied by "special". 72 pages is more than normal too isn't it? so maybe it's partly printing costs?

As long as it is readable content, and not just filled with "even"more adverts. (which probable pay for the programme anyway)

Sorry mate, my gripe is with the board, where peace, love and understanding is not the priorety but manipulation and exploitation of BCFC fans, the chareties I suspect are being used as a pawn for their own end's.

I am fairly cynical when it come's to the authoreties at not only BCFC but Football as a whole.

Also Lennon's free thinking way's are what more inspire me. Many of his own actions were far from peaceful, loving and understanding, he was, like me and you, only human after all.

it's fairly unreasonable of the Club to denigh them that wish.

It's the choice, or lack of it, given by the board that was my point. By no means was it the charety in it's self or the piddly 50p that were my problem, tis the principle of choice that I was getting at.

Archived