IGNORED

Bloody Bristol City Council

Dollymarie

Just seen on Points west that the venue for the Brunel celebrations has had to be moved from the cumberland basin thanks to the council not issuing a licence. The Brunel organisers are saying that they sent in the application in time, but they admit there was an error with it, the council are saying that the application was not received in time.

Whatever the truth, surely they can sort it out and process the application now IN TIME for the weekend. Observatory Hill is just not big enough or has a clear enough view to see what was supposed to happen happen.

Sort it out! :@

Rant over!

Nothing should ever get in the way of pointless bureaucracy.

The event should be cancelled.

But then it would defeat the whole object as the reason its this weekend is because it would have been Brunels birthday, its not his bloody fault that todays council acts the way it does.

Sorry but I'm really getting my hair off about this, he helped to make our city the way it is today, and if we cant recognise that and damn well celebrate it then its a very sad day.

Quite agree Dolls. The celebrations of Brunel shouldn't be messed with, but the Council have no grasp of reality

Reminds me of Colin Sextone :ph34r:

But then it would defeat the whole object as the reason its this weekend is because it would have been Brunels birthday, its not his bloody fault that todays council acts the way it does.

Sorry but I'm really getting my hair off about this, he helped to make our city the way it is today, and if we cant recognise that and damn well celebrate it then its a very sad day.

Brunel took it lying down though didn't he. Why doesn't he stand up for himself?

Just seen on Points west that the venue for the Brunel celebrations has had to be moved from the cumberland basin thanks to the council not issuing a licence. The Brunel organisers are saying that they sent in the application in time, but they admit there was an error with it, the council are saying that the application was not received in time.

Whatever the truth, surely they can sort it out and process the application now IN TIME for the weekend. Observatory Hill is just not big enough or has a clear enough view to see what was supposed to happen happen.

Sort it out! :@

Rant over!

Good ol' Bristol City Council - Why do something for the city when it's easier not to?!

Typical of the City Council. We pay extra council tax and they cant even organise an event for the city properly. Especially with the Evening Post advertising it and so many schools spending time celebrating the event that is Brunels 200th Birthday. :angry:

Archived