IGNORED

Haytrer Opens Contract Talks With Bournemouth

GJS_Cider_Army

Where you get this info from? Nothing on Bournemouth site so it's not really classed as official.

i saw something on sky sports news about Hayter opening contract talks, but i'll have to side with Dan C on this, i'd rather hear it from their official website rather than speculation from the media.

i saw something on sky sports news about Hayter opening contract talks, but i'll have to side with Dan C on this, i'd rather hear it from their official website rather than speculation from the media.

I think it is a classic case of his agent saying to the press that he has opened contract talks, though he may not of just to make clubs think about him and as a warning like, If you don't make an approach he will sign a new contract..

good for bournemouth :)

precisely. Good for the Cherries of beautiful Bournemouth and Poole conurbation. fabulous beaches, the second largest natural harbour in the world, the most number of language schools outside of London and only 4 hours to sunny Normandy, land of Calvados and Mont St. Michel.

We made an offer, more than once, they turned em all down. We moved on. His heart, it would appear, is on the south coast - you can't blame the lad and City have bigger fish to catch now.

Hayter is in the box position, and will make the most of being on a free at seasons end.

He has a young family, and being in his mid 20's, his next contract will probably be the big one in his career for financial security.

IMO, he will be looking at 100,000+ pounds sign on fee, a 3 year contract with incentives, and around 3000+ a week. If Bournemouth have that sort of money, good for him and them. The other underlying factor is of course his family. He and/or his wife may not want to leave the area, and may take a little less to stay at home. My bet is that most athletes want to do better, and I think an opportunity for the bigger money at a 'bigger' club, might just tilt the scales.

His career record is better and more stable than Reddy's, but there is always the GJ factor. Any incoming player costing that sort of money would have to mightily impress our manager.

Guest number14

Press conference announced at Dean Court. 3pm today. Press conferences at Bournemouth are very rare. Either Hayter has signed a new deal, the club has gone bankrupt or Mandaric has taken over. My money would be on Hayter.

Where does it say there is a press conference planned?

My understanding of the situation is that Hayter is ready to come to city. He was desperate to come (giggle) at christmas, but Bournemouth wouldn't sell and is now biding his time till the summer.

Is that definite then? He's coming to City?

Never 100% sure about anything in football, but i've heard from a good source that he wants to come to city and still haven't seen anything that says he's staying at Bournemouth. There's nothing on their official site.

Guest number14

The information I had suggests he never had any interest in signing for City. Should all become clearer later this afternoon.

That seems a little harsh. Do you say this because he didn't sign for us or because he's unintentionally made you look rather foolish?

Um, because he didn't sign for us.

And also because a simpsons avatar made me think of an episode where where Wiggum is arresting someone and says "frankly i expected better from Jimmy the Scumbag" and i thought i would use the word scumbag.

Also, i do not look foolish, but his agent does as he was the source of my 98% certainty that he would join in the summer (which he may still do, remeber Darren Barnard).

Guest james_AFCB

Well i did promise i'd be back to either gloat or admit I'm wrong.

So here i am to gloat! :laugh:

I guess you would of all had a go at Lita had he signed a new contract with you last year?

:laugh: (again) :D

Guest number14

He may be back in the summer? You got the info direct from his agent? This gets better & better!!!

Would cost you at least 600k now I reckon.

Archived