IGNORED

Catering...

NailseaRed

Decent Manager - TICK

Decent new shirt that doesn't fall to pieces - TICK

Plans for a lush new stand - TICK

Team looking good and on the up - TICK

Catering?!

Everything seems to be falling into place for a bright new season, is it only the catering that is totally cr@p? Get that sorted and it's a perfect day out that no-one can moan about :) Reckon that will ever be sorted?!

Decent Manager - TICK

Catering?!

Everything seems to be falling into place for a bright new season, is it only the catering that is totally cr@p? Get that sorted and it's a perfect day out that no-one can moan about :) Reckon that will ever be sorted?!

Ability to try and bring back the word 'lush' - Tick

Decent Manager - TICK

Catering?!

How would yo improve it? Same food better quality? Or, more/different food?

How would yo improve it? Same food better quality? Or, more/different food?

Get a new company handling the catering, someone who understands the concept of supply and demand and the meaning of the word quality. Two things that the current suppliers seem to have very little knowledge of!

I believe the Catering Contract is up for renewal within the next 12 months.

We can only hope if follows as you say - in line with the kit/manager etc etc

Not to sure who does the catering at the Memorial Ground (i.e same for Bristol and the Gas) but everytime i've been to watch Bristol this year, i have been amazed with the quality of their products and the speed of their service.

Not to sure who does the catering at the Memorial Ground (i.e same for Bristol and the Gas) but everytime i've been to watch Bristol this year, i have been amazed with the quality of their products and the speed of their service.

The food maybe better at the Mem, but you have to take into consideration the infrastructure in place when passing judgement on service. At the Mem there is greater space available in the ground, increasing the number of food outlets. Our ground is very old and dated, especially the Williams, and the Dolman, with just two outlets, could never cope with demand, and therefore you are already fighting a losing battle. Fingers crossed that the planned redevelopment will take this into consideration. I'm sure the club is trying to increase the spend per head, and improving quality and service will be one of the better ways of doing this.

The food maybe better at the Mem, but you have to take into consideration the infrastructure in place when passing judgement on service. At the Mem there is greater space available in the ground, increasing the number of food outlets. Our ground is very old and dated, especially the Williams, and the Dolman, with just two outlets, could never cope with demand, and therefore you are already fighting a losing battle. Fingers crossed that the planned redevelopment will take this into consideration. I'm sure the club is trying to increase the spend per head, and improving quality and service will be one of the better ways of doing this.

You also have to take into consideration that the outlets down the mem employ English speaking workers who can tell the differance between a chicken balti pie and a cheeseburger unlike half the staff down the Gate.

Maybe they should consider using vending machines to get the queues down and reduce the reliance on outlets.

You can even get those machines that warm pasties and cook toasties in a minute or two. A damn lot quicker than the staff do it ;)

I have the perfect solution - take the wife, who in my case doesn't mind missing the last ten minutes before half time, and send her down to get the grub when it's not busy.

Seriously though, vending machines could be a good idea. We also need to use the mantra 'keep it simple stupid', which I always apply at work when attempting to serve a lot of people with food in a short amount of time.

Ever used one of these?

http://www.hotbite.co.uk/

They do toasties, paninis and pizzas. Job's a good 'un.

Maybe they should consider using vending machines to get the queues down and reduce the reliance on outlets.

You can even get those machines that warm pasties and cook toasties in a minute or two. A damn lot quicker than the staff do it ;)

I have the perfect solution - take the wife, who in my case doesn't mind missing the last ten minutes before half time, and send her down to get the grub when it's not busy.

Seriously though, vending machines could be a good idea. We also need to use the mantra 'keep it simple stupid', which I always apply at work when attempting to serve a lot of people with food in a short amount of time.

Ever used one of these?

http://www.hotbite.co.uk/

They do toasties, paninis and pizzas. Job's a good 'un.

Vending machines would be a good idea. I'm often in queus with loads in front wanting just a bag of crisps or a chocolate bar.

Archived