IGNORED

Some Sad News For Mozo

Sir Colby-Tit

Link

Giraffe suffocates during journey

A giraffe seen trying to escape from a transporter at a Hampshire service station has died.

Eight-year-old Rothschild giraffe Kwaheri suffocated in what appeared to be an allergic reaction to a sedative.

The male giraffe was being transported from Longleat Zoo to Port Lympne, Kent, to take part in a breeding programme.

Police were called to a Buck's service station on the A303 near, Winchester, on Tuesday after reports that the 18ft (5.5m) animal was on the loose.

The driver had aborted the trip after part of the roof canvas became damaged, Longleat Safari Park said in a statement.

During the return journey the giraffe developed breathing problems due to regurgitation, which may have been caused by an allergic reaction to the sedation administered for the transit.

The statement added: "Kwaheri was checked on the day and he was deemed fit and well."

Keith Harris, head of Safari Park at Longleat, said: "This appears to have been a tragic accident.

"Having moved giraffes all over Europe without incident we are obviously very upset by this tragic death and obviously will be investigating further to ensure that this does not happen again."

I can't help thinking that this sad accident could have been avoided if Longleat had employed an experienced animal expert as head of Safari Park, instead of a washed up "celebrity" whose only previous experience of animals is stuffing his hand up a fluffly duck's arse.

Mozo - please pass on my most sincere condolonces to Trevor & comfort him in the way that only you can.

Link

Giraffe suffocates during journey

A giraffe seen trying to escape from a transporter at a Hampshire service station has died.

Eight-year-old Rothschild giraffe Kwaheri suffocated in what appeared to be an allergic reaction to a sedative.

The male giraffe was being transported from Longleat Zoo to Port Lympne, Kent, to take part in a breeding programme.

Police were called to a Buck's service station on the A303 near, Winchester, on Tuesday after reports that the 18ft (5.5m) animal was on the loose.

The driver had aborted the trip after part of the roof canvas became damaged, Longleat Safari Park said in a statement.

During the return journey the giraffe developed breathing problems due to regurgitation, which may have been caused by an allergic reaction to the sedation administered for the transit.

The statement added: "Kwaheri was checked on the day and he was deemed fit and well."

Keith Harris, head of Safari Park at Longleat, said: "This appears to have been a tragic accident.

"Having moved giraffes all over Europe without incident we are obviously very upset by this tragic death and obviously will be investigating further to ensure that this does not happen again."

I can't help thinking that this sad accident could have been avoided if Longleat had employed an experienced animal expert as head of Safari Park, instead of a washed up "celebrity" whose only previous experience of animals is stuffing his hand up a fluffly duck's arse.

Mozo - please pass on my most sincere condolonces to Trevor & comfort him in the way that only you can.

I wonder what happened to him.... so he fnally traded in the that dreadful duck for a better animal?

That is sad news indeed Colbmeister. Giraffes symbolise everything that is wonderful about the world and to hear of that cruel loss had me crying so much yesterday that I couldn't respond to your post until today. :crying:

Still, there's plenty of meat on a giraffe if they fance the longest spit-roast this side of some place where there was a longer one (cue mindless spit-roast innuendo).

By the way, they say he was trying to 'escape' at a service station. He probably just wanted a Little Chef full English. Nowt wrong with that.

Kwaheri (RIP) - Lennon, Biggie, Aaliyah...now you.

Guest bcfcjake

That is sad news indeed Colbmeister. Giraffes symbolise everything that is wonderful about the world and to hear of that cruel loss had me crying so much yesterday that I couldn't respond to your post until today. :crying:

Still, there's plenty of meat on a giraffe if they fance the longest spit-roast this side of some place where there was a longer one (cue mindless spit-roast innuendo).

By the way, they say he was trying to 'escape' at a service station. He probably just wanted a Little Chef full English. Nowt wrong with that.

Kwaheri (RIP) - Lennon, Biggie, Aaliyah...now you.

have you been on the drugs again, mozo???????????????? :doh:

Giraffes symbolise everything that is wonderful about the world

What like campness??? :blink:

Giraffes symbolise everything that is wonderful about hairdressers, tents and windows, there is no way that they can represent the wonders of watching old people falling over, or that new game Black or those 'Smiley' potatoe treats - which truely are the wonders to the modern world. Get your facts/generalisations right!

Giraffes symbolise everything that is wonderful about the world

I'll second that.

I know, poor Trev :(

Archived