IGNORED

Is Our Scouting System Also At Fault?

Mr Mosquito

Over 10 years ago our scouts brought players like Darius Jackanowski, Andy Cole and Brian Tinnion to the club. What concerns me is the poor value we've got from most of the signings we've made over the last 5 years. It's easy for me to continually blame Wilson and Co for our poor recent performances, but what are our scouts up to? Are the scouts not tracking the right type of players? There are real bargains out there but BCFC seem unable to pick up on them and sign them.

I note that Southampton have got a high calibre European scout - the one and only Terry Cooper!!! It's about time this club had scouts working for us of similar quality to recommend the quality players we need for promotion.

Guest frogred

Hang on a minute, Matthews, Peacock, Butler, Miller & Wilkshire, Oh and that world class signing Lever all signed by Wilson are you now trying to blame scouts for all of those signings, I'm sure even if scouts suggested these signings hopefully Wilson saw them himself at least once, Well that is spin that has spun out of control.

Hang on a minute, Matthews, Peacock, Butler, Miller & Wilkshire, Oh and that world class signing Lever all signed by Wilson are you now trying to blame scouts for all of those signings, I'm sure even if scouts suggested these signings hopefully Wilson saw them himself at least once, Well that is spin that has spun out of control.

Peacocks Wilsons Best signing by far and was worth the money we paid for him in the market at that time. Wilson has brought all those players in on seeing them himself but we have no scouts out looking at the Premier League Reserve teams and Lower League 1st teams. We missed out big on someone like Leon Britton because there is no scouts out looking at those type of players.

Reply to frogred

I'd actually like to see the back of Danny Wilson and have been saying so in my posts on this forum over the past 2 months. I actually think Butler was a good signing last season but the bloke is getting a bit too old. Mark Robins refreshed our campaign last season and should of been signed on the merits of his efforts. I still think Mark Robins would be a good signing and at age 33 he should still have 2 good years left in him.

What concerns me is this club's inability to pick up on the talent in local and regional lower league sides and in the national higher leagues that is available right now. Once Wilson and Co have gone the problem will still remain with this club's scouts still unable to pick up on the best available footballing talent for the money we have. Joe Jordan, when he was manager, never seemed to have much problem getting good players probably because he has some very good contacts in the game. Danny Wilson seems to lack those good contacts and would probably have difficulty handling the type of players we need - e.g. the Carbone and Di Cannio types :(

What concerns me is this club's inability to pick up on the talent in local and regional lower league sides and in the national higher leagues that is available right now. Once Wilson and Co have gone the problem will still remain with this club's scouts still unable to pick up on the best available footballing talent for the money we have.

Lita and Philips were scouted.

You could probably count Amankwaah and Clist as well.

It has been a worry for a while now though RG, especially when you see the gas picking up quality young strikers from non-league and selling them off for £1.5 mill.

Although it seems that Agogo is a dud. :how funny:

Reply to Phatwill and Gas hater

In my opinion, having a decent set of scouts is probably of higher importance to us than the academy in moving BCFC forward and up the league tables. All the young players scouted for City, as mentioned by Phatwill, pre-date the Wilson era and are all good players.

'Gas Hater' states that we have no scouts out looking at the Premier League Reserve teams and Lower League 1st teams. So who's telling the scouts where to look? Would it be Danny Wilson? Phatwill mentions that the Gas have picked up quality talent and sold them on for a fortune - could the club sign up those scouts that are currently working for the Gas?

Archived