IGNORED

Walsall Support

One Team

It was only my second away game of the season but WHAT a day out!

This was some of the best away support I've witnessed in years - passionate, loud singing from the off, virtually the whole end in unison, it was some sight and sound!

I don't think I've seen the whole away contingent stand up for "stand up if you hate the Gas!" before!

Chant of the day for me though (there were quite a few) was "Savage for England!" when Big Bad Bas came on the pitch! Hilarious! As was the "are you watching Erikkson?!" chant that followed it.

Well done everyone who went - I was well impressed!

One Team

My favourite chant from yesterday would have to be 'You should be back in the kitchen, back in the kitchen!' towards the female official. Not sexist myself, but I had to chuckle at that one.

Personally, I found that incredibly embarrassing!

Personally, I found that incredibly embarrassing!

why?

atmosphere was great yesterday, but so it is at most away games really.

My fave chant "do you know a decent barber do you ######!" directed at their sheephead sub

I just thought that the idea that women were little more than 'homemakers' died out in the 70's. I thought it sounded outdated, unfunny, pathetic and small-minded. The chants at sheep-head were good though, with a barnet like that, they were fully deserved.

I'm gutted I didn't make the effort in hindsight obviously, serves me right I s'pose! My current circumstances make it hard to travel and I was also worried about getting myself in trouble although I hear that that was an unfounded fear.

Credit to all that did the Club proud yesterday.

why?

atmosphere was great yesterday, but so it is at most away games really.

My fave chant "do you know a decent barber do you ######!" directed at their sheephead sub

As directed at the lineswoman..........

"It's a flag not a duster" and "get the washing in, get yer washing in" when it started raining. :dance:

Jail bait

I just can't wait

Jail bait baby come on.

LSN, I know you appreciated that Motorhead chant when those young girls walked past us. :laugh:

As directed at the lineswoman..........

"It's a flag not a duster" and "get the washing in, get yer washing in" when it started raining. :dance:

Jail bait

I just can't wait

Jail bait baby come on.

LSN, I know you appreciated that Motorhead chant when those young girls walked past us. :laugh:

:D appreciated the girls too

.......jail bait girlies. :whistle::w00t:

Did you start the "where's yer ironing board?" chant. :w00t:

started a few, you know me! Not sure which ones though whatever entered me head really. Was a great laugh. Matched the atmosphere up at rotherham easily. Was great how everything was in unison.

I claim the "Ironing Board" chant.

Aint laughed so much in ages.

Even Sheephead and his fellow subs grinned at the banter as well.

Pretty boy 'Sheephead' was the centrefold in the Walsall FC matchday programme. :shifty: Loreal, Loreal, - none of us thought of chanting "get dees f**king 'air cut" as my dear departed grandfather used to exclaim at the 'hippy types' during the 1970's. :w00t:

I keep reading about these amazing days out at citys away games but its never like that at hme games. When i was younger i would get so excited on a friday knowing that i would be going 2 watch city, but i think the thing i got most excited about was the atmosphere. now apart from the few songs here and there the Atmosphere is nothing compared 2 what it was like once apon a time. I remember the drums beating, the crowd singing barmy army for the whole 90mins, and the whole stadium would be singing not just the one corner in one stand. It used 2 be such a buzz singing and shouting, either we arent singing enough or ive just grown out of getting excited at city gsme. :(

Archived