IGNORED

Our Striking Problems;

Jimmy

is it possible that they have 3 or 4 good players but the rest of the squad doesn't match up. This would be good enough to keep them up but not to sustain a higher league placing. I'm not saying this IS the case, I don't watch Yeovil often enough to be able to say definitively either way, but having worked with the Yeovil players for (up to) 3 years and the City players for 7 months or so, I trust GJ to know which Yeovil players would be an improvement on what we have and which wouldn't.

At the end of the day, Johnson's contract will undoubtedly have bonuses attached to it which are dependant on the success he achieves here and as such will want to bring players to the club that help him earn those bonuses. If he is of the belief that some of those players are currently at Yeovil I would say that he is in a better position to judge than any of us.

I think there's a big difference between the top and bottom of this division and personally I think Yeovil's best few players are average and that's enough to keep them up. We already have quite a few at that standard, I think the few signings we make have to be significantly better than average to put us in contention.

Bear in mind that this division will likely be harder next year. We've really missed an opportunity. The teams coming down look stronger than those going up to me, and Forest will be a force if they don't go up.

I sort of trust GJ to know which players are worth it from Yeovil if any, the little nagging doubt is those loans earlier on in the season and persistence with a certain striker. However Noble and Fontaine have been better, and he went after Reddy and Hayter, so I'm optimistic.

Honestly? Yes.

It cannot be hard at all to sell a club like BCFC to a young player looking to go places. It's ideal. They get to play alongside one of the best strikers outside the Prem, they get alot more money, and they get to work for GJ who has a good reputation.

Whilst i agree with you here on Keogh & Sharpe, i think when you fire a side to promotion you wanna stay with that side.

Yeovil's best talent barely avoided relegation this year, it isn't going to suddenly become promotion material. And nor is our side if we don't bring in players that are better than we have already.

Our best talent are only a few points above relegation too, and you are talking of brooker being one of the best players outside the prem. Yeovil have a few good players, but not a great team. if we cherry pick their best talent, we'll do well.

I doubt any of them will cost more than we bid on Reddy. Keogh might I guess. Point is, you don't know if you don't try. I hope we at least make an attempt to bring in a young quality striker with potential.

My point was that the clubs involved would turn down Reddy-esque bids, as Grimsby did.

They aren't high profile, they're playing for S****horpe and Carlisle. They've had good seasons but they're not in the same league as Brooker. We get double to treble the crowd sizes of these teams, we should be considered a step up especially if we look like promotion contenders.

Good point. Agreed.

Yep, so lets get a proper winger in for the left side and use Murray sparingly. Jevons ain't young, and he ain't a winger even though he can play there.

However he has scored lots of goals, and he would jump at the chance to play for us. Personally, i think he'd be a great aqusition.

Nibor

Barrow Boy :whistle:

Archived