IGNORED

Tommy Doc's Still Far Superior To Joey B

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Guest east_dundry_red

Docherty is where he belongs.On the bench. He has been poor and stupid lately so to be honest i hope he warms the bench for a bit longer.

Guest spanish fly

riazzi g

Burnell passes to a City player 90%+ of the time and runs for 90 minutes

Doherty rarely achieves passing to a City player two or three times a game - glad he is out of the team and hope he stays out because even with his appalling passing ratio he still cannot keep up with play or last more than an hour

Docherty is where he belongs.On the bench. He has been poor and stupid lately so to be honest i hope he warms the bench for a bit longer.

Bl**dy hell, I actually agree with you Jase! :(

I'd put good money on the fact that in the last 5 games, Joe's successful passing ratio is much higher than Tommy's.

Tommy gives the ball away far too often, and has looked sluggish and off the pace for a while now. He has no pace and he has no fitness.

Burnell is getting better and better with every game. As one of his bigger critics earlier on in the season, I'm delighted to see him performing the way he is currently, and long may it continue. Tommy deserves to be where he is, and that's not in the starting 11.

Tommy is unfit , slow, undisciplined and doesnt score enough goals. OK on his day he is a good player , but burnell is faster , fitter , much more disciplined, he is starting to make forward runs and pass the ball well and even scored yesterday!! If he keeps playing like that tommy will be warming the bench for most of the season and burnell will be wearing the captains arm band and on the pitch were he belongs.

Can I agree with everyone? Docs is a better player than joe. Docs should be on the bench for a considerable amount of time. His actions on the pitch of late should put him directly into the reserve team for a spell. 2 or 3 reserve games where he behaves himself should be played before he even makes the bench. We can't afford for him to go off again and we all know everyone will be goading him to do so.

Guest Bootylicious

I'm no fan of Joe, but he is deservedly being picked ahead of Tommy.

Will be interesting to see who DW would pick when they're both fit and on form, bearing in mind the recent switch to 3-5-2.

I've seen Joe improve this season, unlike El Loco who contributed to the tanking at Wycombe, and has not actually contributed lately to our efforts, unlike Joe who has worked better than most, especially recently (The booing he got earlier having a positive effect?)

Well done Joe...

Burnell is an act above Tommy at the moment, Tommy D has the potential to be a much a better player than Burnell but at the moment he is nowhere near, he looks unfit, lazy, and quite disinterested at time during the game. I'm v.pleased that he has a stint on the bench, might actually take time to reflect on how to mplay the game with passion from Mr Burnell.

Come on Tommy - you CAN do much better.

G.

Both players put a lot of effort in but Tommy's fitness is questionable. However Tommy has far better ball control and 360 degree passing ability.

Joe has lagged behind on a few points but recently he has come on leaps and bounds. I see a big difference between him as he was in August and September and now.

Perhaps the fact he was getting DESERVED stick had contributed to this improvement. I for one am happy t see JB in the team IF he carries on playing the way he is currently.

Tommy may have become a little big-headed after getting into the Northern Ireland team. Perhaps in that case he needs bringing down to earth.

Guest Tins4Gaffer

I'm shocked.. I thought Tommy was in a different league.. I remember when Tommy came on for Joe a few months ago and we all sighed with releif.. Tommy was descibed in the Irish press as "a bearded Maradona who showed glimpses of real quality with his quick feet".

A couple of months ago Joe was described as "just not cut out to play league football".

Guest tinmans_right_foot

It appears to me that Tommys on the decline and Joe's on the up. If Burnell could pass the ball forwards more often I'd be happier though.

Does anyone else get more frustrated by the 2 of them playing together than by one of them playing ######?

Tommy Doc's our Roy Keane

Joe Burnell's our Phil Neville

(enough said!)

Our Phil Neville is improving game by game and deservedly is keeping better players out of the team on work ethic and total commitment to the cause (much like the real one).

I believe with performances like Southampton and Luton, our Phil Neville will continue to do so for many years to come (much like the real one).

Our Phil Neville is a quiet, down to earth lad who gets on with his task and is a true professional (much like the real one).

In short, I quite like both Phil Neville's at present which is a dramatic turnaround from a year ago when I rated both as pretty kak B)

Tommy was descibed in the Irish press as "a bearded Maradona who showed glimpses of real quality with his quick feet".

Shame the same won't be said by the evil post in their match reports. TD always struggled to last 90 minutes, now its not just fitness but disapline and effort.

JB is asked to be the workhorse of the team, close players down, win the ball and give it to BT or LW to create, something he is superb at. But justs gets on and does it in his quiet generally un-noticed way.

Lets hope TD can use this time to reflect and remember how he played to get himself into the Irish team, and create more competition for a midfield place.

Agreed with most of the above messages.

Tommy needs some more time on the bench I feel and after Joe's goal on Saturday, he's bound to be well up for our next game!

Another good thing is, it was a goal from midfield that we do seem to be lacking at present. :)

Well done Joe! keep up the good work! :(

Guest Tins4Gaffer

I think people fade once their off the scene.. Tommy's just come of the back of suspension's etc and costing us games with sending's off's and sitting on the bench.. while Joe has just scored his first league goal for us wearing the captain's arm band.. but all it will take is Joe dropped for a game and Tommy pulled back in.. Tommy showing his superior class that made him a huge fans favourite here.. and you'll all be saying how great Tommy is and forgetting about Joe again.. ah football's a funny old game..

And who was it that said that City fans are fickle ?Tommy has a bad run and look at the stick he gets. Burnell apparently wasnt good enough to play for the Gas a few weeks ago and now you all love him! The reality is that tommy is class but for some reason has lost form. He will be back and will stuff some of those comments particularly from french red down your throats. As for Joe he is playing well at present which is good news but i doubt it had anything to do with the barracking he got from his own fans because lets face it if such abuse had that affect half of the team would be internationals by now! :(

Archived