IGNORED

Baby Talk

NailseaRed

How many of you guys take your little kids down the gate? Talking about kids under 3. Maybe someone on the trust will back my corner on this one and see if it's a possibility, but how about having a corner of the red'n'white as a kind of creche during the game, so that parents with little kids can come down into the warm if the kids are getting restless with a few toys etc and also have the match on the telly so that the parent doesn't miss out on the game. Just wanted to get some, sensible, views on this before trying to push for this to happen. Sorry it's a bit of a wussy topic for you lads :)

Only thing is you'd have to have staff running it that didnt want to be watching the game. Might be worth a look at though I spose. :)

Steve Phillips springs to mind. If he aint playing he's not interested and he's used to things getting thrown out of prams :ph34r:

Only thing is you'd have to have staff running it that didnt want to be watching the game. Might be worth a look at though I spose. :)

How about one of the stewards being there? It would only take one just to keep an eye on things, cos some of the time there is likely to be no-one there, it would just be nice to take the little boy to all the home games next season knowing that there would be somewhere we can take him if it gets too cold or he gets restless. Would you be able to find out a little more for me Dolly? What with the red n white being re-done over the Summer i thought it would be a good time to mention it.

Yes please :) I'll owe you a beer :)

excellent idea. i recently went to exeter races with my six month old daughter and partner they had an excellent creche facility, as for stewards it I'm sure there is a strict criteria on looking after kids. they will probaby need qualified nannies or minders with relevant paperwork.

Yes please :) I'll owe you a beer :)

excellent idea. i recently went to exeter races with my six month old daughter and partner they had an excellent creche facility, as for stewards I'm sure there is a strict criteria on looking after kids. they will probaby need qualified nannies or minders with relevant paperwork.

I suppose college students could do it as part of their placement. I'm sure half of them wouldnt want to watch the game although it would come down to whether parents would mind there kids being watched by supervised college students.

I need to make my hours up in a creche coming to think of it but i don't think i could sit in the Dolman hall on a Saturday afternoon without having a heartattack :w00t:

Having said that Nailsea if Oakley is anything like his Daddy he wont need a creche he'll be glued to the game for 90 minutes :D

The only obstacle I could forsee is: Would the person watching over things need to be a registered childminder etc? No idea if that applies to creches, but if it does, it may make it slightly less workable? (sorry!)

To work with children you need a registered CRB check (police check) first aid certificate etc is a big bonus if you have it and I'm pretty sure the supervisor would need some qualifications in childcare.

This is a good idea i think and as dollie has aid she will bring up to tonight at the S.T meeting i will leave it to her but a simple google search shows this is actually working in other clubs

Notts county has one http://www.nottscountyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/p...,,10426,00.html

which seems to be very popular

Brighton also have a creche in the plans for the new stadium they propose to build

:englandsmile4wf:

This is a good idea i think and as dollie has aid she will bring up to tonight at the S.T meeting i will leave it to her but a simple google search shows this is actually working in other clubs

Notts county has one http://www.nottscountyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/p...,,10426,00.html

which seems to be very popular

Brighton also have a creche in the plans for the new stadium they propose to build

I know one (possibly two) trained Nursery Nurses who may be interested.

I think this is a good idea.

Ive only been to 8 home games this season and would have been to more if I wasnt spending time with my 2 toddlers.

However, even with the creche facility I wouldnt want to cut back on the amount of time I spend with the kids, because due to work commitments I don't see them enough as it is.

My plan is to carry on as I am... and when the girls get older I'll try to convince them to come to the gate out of choice.

Its the uniforms that I like. :dance::whistle:

Seriously this is a good idea and something the club should encourage.

I agree def something to put to S.L and something to be discussed tonight.

The Supporters have suggested something that makes sense so we must look into i would have thought

The thing is the parent of the child would stay with the child so surely there would be no need for a qualified nanny to be in place? OK further down the line it might be an even better idea to have a fully functioning creche, which could even be charged for. But for now it would just be nice for the parent to go and sit inside and still watch the game on the telly. Is the club allowed to show the match on telly in the red and white for 90 minutes?

How many of you guys take your little kids down the gate? Talking about kids under 3. Maybe someone on the trust will back my corner on this one and see if it's a possibility, but how about having a corner of the red'n'white as a kind of creche during the game, so that parents with little kids can come down into the warm if the kids are getting restless with a few toys etc and also have the match on the telly so that the parent doesn't miss out on the game. Just wanted to get some, sensible, views on this before trying to push for this to happen. Sorry it's a bit of a wussy topic for you lads :)

Depends how willing to sit still your child is. My daughter is now 3 1/2 and has already been to plenty of games at the Gate, plus Brentford, Blackpool and Bradford away. She gets upset if we don't take her and sits there stuffing sweets and popcorn and asking if we're winning yet.

My younger son, who is two, has gone once or twice but just doesn't want to sit still for that long.

OK OK all honeys that are going to bring this up at the supporters trust meeting can form an orderly queue in the red and white on monday and i will purchase you a beer to share between you all :) surely i can't say fairer than that! :):laugh:

Better still, feel free to come along & bring up the subject yourself. You don't have to be a member to attend the S.T meetings plus we're always happy to see new faces & hear new ideas.

Ship & Castle - 7:30pm tonight if you are available. If not, we'll do our best to make sure it's discussed.

:)

There used to be something similar to this (Creche) in the little room to the side of the lounge bar in the Red & White

Ac ouple of girls would look after the kids with games & face painting etc etc - don't think it was during the game though...just before KO & HT.

Guess this is like any other "facility" offered at football these days "How much are you willing to pay to use"

There used to be something similar to this (Creche) in the little room to the side of the lounge bar in the Red & White

Ac ouple of girls would look after the kids with games & face painting etc etc - don't think it was during the game though...just before KO & HT.

Guess this is like any other "facility" offered at football these days "How much are you willing to pay to use"

The point I'm trying to make and people keep missing out on is that the parent would be taking repsonsibility for the child, therefore all that is happening is that a corner of the red'n'white is open during the whole game with a tv with the match on that's all that is needed and I see no reason to pay for that. IF it involves carers and baby sitters etc then yes people would expect to pay a little sum of money, but i don't think having staff of that nature involved is needed.

The point I'm trying to make and people keep missing out on is that the parent would be taking repsonsibility for the child, therefore all that is happening is that a corner of the red'n'white is open during the whole game with a tv with the match on that's all that is needed and I see no reason to pay for that. IF it involves carers and baby sitters etc then yes people would expect to pay a little sum of money, but i don't think having staff of that nature involved is needed.

What if both parents wanted to watch City?? I think thats where other people are coming from :)

What if both parents wanted to watch City?? I think thats where other people are coming from :)

That's a different problem. If one is happy to be inside watching the game on telly for one half when the baby is restless or too cold then that's the problem i am facing :) If both parents want to watch the game then obviously a full on creche is called for, but that's not what i'm proposing right now. :)

That's a different problem. If one is happy to be inside watching the game on telly for one half when the baby is restless or too cold then that's the problem i am facing :) If both parents want to watch the game then obviously a full on creche is called for, but that's not what i'm proposing right now. :)

Ah i see!! Well fair enough!! Your on babysitting duty on a Saturday afternoon from now on eh??! :D

Ah i see!! Well fair enough!! Your on babysitting duty on a Saturday afternoon from now on eh??! :D

Well I wouldn't mind taking my turn if it meant I could see the action on the telly. Little boy has to come first these days, even over football i'm afraid! :)

Any news on how the topic went last night guys?

We did discuss it, and decided that it needs more looking into, maybe NR you could try and find an example of another club that runs this sort of thing, and how they do it, so that we can put forward a proper proposal to Steve Lansdown. Does that sound ok, we'll help where we can, and are in a position to put any proposal to Steve when it looks a bit more professional than a thread on a forum (although this is how these things start I am well aware)

We did discuss it, and decided that it needs more looking into, maybe NR you could try and find an example of another club that runs this sort of thing, and how they do it, so that we can put forward a proper proposal to Steve Lansdown. Does that sound ok, we'll help where we can, and are in a position to put any proposal to Steve when it looks a bit more professional than a thread on a forum (although this is how these things start I am well aware)

Ah excellent thanks. Yes totally understand you need some decent research done and a proper proposal, just wanted to find out peoples views on the subject before I went to too much effort of making a proposal. Thanks for raising it for me.

Archived