IGNORED

£67,850

foghornred

:city: In a survey of 400 PFA members the average salary in each division is a follows:

Premiership £676,000 (£13000 a week)

Championship £195,000 (£3750 a week)

League one £67,850 (£1304 a week)

League two £49600 ( £953 a week)

I feel that wages are far to high and take to much of a clubs income,particulary in the premiership.

As for City £1304 a week seems about right but I think that our players are nearer the Championship wages than the league one norm.

Do you think that these wages are fair or exorbitant

Were these not for some odd reason based on avaege salaries for 20 year olds, which I guess would be a little below the average?

No I don't believe so, Blackpool pay less than the average for the majority of their players according to their Chairman. Additionally they pay £75 pw in the Summer to ALL players. Perhaps they all go and work on the rides at the Pleasure beach!

It is just a little bit of money if you asked me.I knows if i was playing i would be doing it because i enjoy playing footbal,maybe the money is an extra bounses but it will be mainley because of playing the football in front of the crowds and all those differnt grounds.

:city: In a survey of 400 PFA members the average salary in each division is a follows:

I feel that wages are far to high and take to much of a clubs income,particulary in the premiership.

As for City £1304 a week seems about right but I think that our players are nearer the Championship wages than the league one norm.

.... am going to save this post, and bounce it up every time someone spouts crap about our players being "judas" and "disloyal" whenever one of players dares to leave us for a higher division club (Leroy, Hill, Aaron Brown, etc). I would jump at the chance to leave city for a championship club for that kind of wage increase... and i'm a city fan from birth!

Suspect our wages are well above league one average - although at least now there's not too many guys obviously not earning it.

It is just a little bit of money if you asked me.I knows if i was playing i would be doing it because i enjoy playing footbal,maybe the money is an extra bounses but it will be mainley because of playing the football in front of the crowds and all those differnt grounds.

for me it would be about the 200k a year. Sorry! ;)

Compare these figures with the average paid to top class rugby union and cricket players - I would certainly argue the case for Bristol Rugby players to be paid more than the City squad. Not only are they playing in the Premiership with its wide media coverage, they have also shown a lot more grit and determination over the season. The crowds are not SIGNIFICANTLY different from those at the Gate ... and I would imagine that the standard of entertainment for the paying public has been much greater too.

Avin a laugh, id never take a pay cut now to be a pro footballer

Archived