IGNORED

Oasis

The Batman

This should realy be in the poll section but there are so many of them it's too many to mention, and i feel like an Oasis debate, even those of you who dislike Oasis, show me your hatred.... It's harder than it sounds.

Believe it or not, they have only released 25 singles.

http://www.oasisinet.com/site.php?site=sin...lt=true&start=0

these are the list of songs they've released.

my favourite

1 - Columbia

2 - The Masterplan

3 - Acquiesce

Guest MaloneFM

Might Uncle Roger suggest 'Come On Feel The Noise' the cover of the Slade classic? Played a lot on 'Roger It Home' in the afternoons.

How wierd, as i click into this thread i have Columbia on.

Boneheads bank holiday is awesome, Bring it on Down would be there, Listen Up or Talk Tonight from The Masterplan, Girl in the Dirty shirt, Acquiesce, Rock nad Roll star, Hello, Digsys Dinner, there is too many to single out the best i feel.

How wierd, as i click into this thread i have Columbia on.

Boneheads bank holiday is awesome, Bring it on Down would be there, Listen Up or Talk Tonight from The Masterplan, Girl in the Dirty shirt, Acquiesce, Rock nad Roll star, Hello, Digsys Dinner, there is too many to single out the best i feel.

this is exactly the reason why i started this post

there are so many great oasis songs that don't get the credit that they deserve, everyone focuses on Wonderwall, Champaigne Supernova, don't Look Back in Anger etc. People forget about the B sides that were on the Masterplan album, and the songs that wernt released off of the other albums.

• Admin

I'd have to go and have a think before I was able to come up with a top 3 or 5 but I can guarantee that a B-Side from the "Go Let It Out" single ("Let's All Make Believe") would make the list. It's entirely possible that GLIO's other B-Side ("As Long As They've Got Cigarettes") could make a top 5 as well.

Both B-Sides actually outshone GLIO which I class as the strongest track on the poor Standing on the Shoulders of Giants album. The inlcusion of either on the album would have considerably improved it.

If anyone out there hasn't heard "Let's All Make Believe", I seriously recommend you try to find a copy. If you PM me I may even be able to point you in the right direction! ;)

This should realy be in the poll section but there are so many of them it's too many to mention, and i feel like an Oasis debate, even those of you who dislike Oasis, show me your hatred.... It's harder than it sounds.

Believe it or not, they have only released 25 singles.

http://www.oasisinet.com/site.php?site=sin...lt=true&start=0

these are the list of songs they've released.

my favourite

1 - Columbia

2 - The Masterplan

3 - Acquiesce

Mine is Acquiesce it's a brilliant song, they used to open all their concerts with that song too.

Acquiesce for me, closely followed by Columbia & Rock n Roll Star, and I don't think they ever released She's Electric either, although it is on the radio quite often (up here anyway).

She's electric was never released as a single, it does get played a lot, i'll agree with that, i get that up north in wolves, when someone asks for oasis, she's electric comes on. it wernt me favourite but it was good.

Guest DrFaustus

My favouite Oasis track is one that I never hear...bloody overrated pub rock crap. They had the cheek to think they were better than Blur? Deary me.

Guest DrFaustus

Dr F, so you support the gas, hate Queen and prefer Blur to Oasis, you're not my cousin in disguise are you?

Blur were good, but Oasis all the way for me.

Each to their own Cousin! Oasis have one redeeming feature, they support the only professional football club based in the City of Manchester. :)

Each to their own Cousin! Oasis have one redeeming feature, they support the only professional football club based in the City of Manchester. :)

ha, i'll agree with you on both parts there, i've been saying for ages the each to their own, and i never said you were wrong to say that your music opinion is wrong. and yes, Man C all the way, me dad supports them.

There's one gig they did on my DVD of Oasis live, i got when they play with John Squire, and they ask the crowd to boo him because he's a Man U fan.

Guest DrFaustus

ha, i'll agree with you on both parts there, i've been saying for ages the each to their own, and i never said you were wrong to say that your music opinion is wrong. and yes, Man C all the way, me dad supports them.

There's one gig they did on my DVD of Oasis live, i got when they play with John Squire, and they ask the crowd to boo him because he's a Man U fan.

Ah John Squire! The man is quite mad...I met him when I lived in Manchester. He is clinically insane, but a fantastic musician eh? May have to put on Bye Bye Badman now. :)

Was that Knebworth?

i love the cover they've done of my generation - awesome when live!

I went up to the city of manc stadium to watch oasis just after the glazers had taken over man u.

Oasis come on the stage, liam goes straight up to the mike and goes: Are the any Mr Glazer fans in tonight, and cracks up laughing.

Priceless

In fact, 'Slide Away' and 'Cast No Shadow' are the band's two best non-singles I think you'll find.

Ah John Squire! The man is quite mad...I met him when I lived in Manchester. He is clinically insane, but a fantastic musician eh? May have to put on Bye Bye Badman now. :)

Being a dead ringer for John Squire myself, what with the haircut & all, I've been mistaken for him a couple of times. However, my guitar playing has been accepted as adequate proof that I'm not he. :(

Archived