IGNORED

Trap It Like Bas

for all of us at ashton gate today we witnessed another bas masterclass this time as he went to trap the ball under his foot his foot was too high and the ball went under his foot almost as funny as his dive this guy should bring out a masterclass dvd.

Bradley Orr sliced the ball horrendously out of play. Scott brown miss controlled the ball once. The ball bounced of McCammons knee.

Every player makes a mistake, we're playing in div 3 for christ sake! Just because it's bas it gets highlighted! He has only 3 games left for us, we wont keep him, at least pay him the respect for all the effort he put in for us.

Bradley Orr sliced the ball horrendously out of play. Scott brown miss controlled the ball once. The ball bounced of McCammons knee.

Every player makes a mistake, we're playing in div 3 for christ sake! Just because it's bas it gets highlighted! He has only 3 games left for us, we wont keep him, at least pay him the respect for all the effort he put in for us.

What makes you sure we wont...Got a slight feeling we will,Johnson is in love with the guy,when we all knew he was playing poor he was still starting every week.So don't be surprissed if he is still here next year...

Fingers crossed he aint :ph34r:

Thing is, Baz makes schoolboy mistakes, under no pressure, the others were under pressure.

Baz, well hes hopeless. :laugh: No chance of making it as a pro.

• Admin

The thing that p1ssed me off today was the number of "fans" in the Atyeo stand that "booed" when Bas came on, and then when he was up for being booked they were shouting "off Off" !!!

###### mindlesss morons !

At the end of the day he is an arse but why try to get get City down to 10 men ?!?!?

The thing that p1ssed me off today was the number of "fans" in the Atyeo stand that "booed" when Bas came on, and then when he was up for being booked they were shouting "off Off" !!!

###### mindlesss morons !

At the end of the day he is an arse but why try to get get City down to 10 men ?!?!?

Completely agree, he is a player of our club, no matter how good he is, we should be getting behind him while he is still here. Not booing, making silly comments. Get behind the bloke ######!

Keep going Baz if your reading, don't listen to the mindless morons! :chant6ez:

It was the same in the Wiliams,people booing Baz as he came on.Lets remember it's Gj's decision to bring him on and I don't hear you all booing GJ as he comes on to the pitch at the start of the match.If a few more players put the same amount of effort in earlier in the season perhaps we would be in the playoffs instead of dreaming of them.

What makes you sure we wont...Got a slight feeling we will,Johnson is in love with the guy,when we all knew he was playing poor he was still starting every week.So don't be surprissed if he is still here next year...

Fingers crossed he aint :ph34r:

Well in my opinion, we'll keep McCammon and sign A N Other striker. Which would probably leave Savage without a place. I hope he does well though.

With regards to the idiots in the ateyo booing savage and chanting off off off, they should stay away until we're in the premiership, then we can be a reading or a wigan. Right!?

Guest Cider Army

You all leave him alone. His confidence has taken a battering. He is good at holding up the ball. No matter WHAT he does as long as he plays for Bristol City i will support him. End of.

You all leave him alone. His confidence has taken a battering. He is good at holding up the ball. No matter WHAT he does as long as he plays for Bristol City i will support him. End of.

It's nice to read a post from a City fan. Thanks and well said.

I am struggling to work out what team every other poster on this thread supports....

for all of us at ashton gate today we witnessed another bas masterclass this time as he went to trap the ball under his foot his foot was too high and the ball went under his foot almost as funny as his dive this guy should bring out a masterclass dvd.

The so-called fans who booed Bas today were an absolute disgrace and I was ashamed that they support the same club as I do. I think I'll save my disdain for them rather than Bas, if that's okay.

I don't agree with the booing, but I think the fans have made it pretty clear that Savage is not good enough to play for City.

The cheering when he came on was ironic and his career at the club must surely be at an end - at last.

I think Johnson should take note as Savage is not only embarrassing himself, he's embarrassing the club.

He wasn't good enough when he arrived and has never been good enough to remain. I'm astounded that it's taken people so long to realise that - especially Johnson himself.

One of the prime reasons I remain unconvinced about Johnson is his persistence with Savage.

I don't agree with the booing, but I think the fans have made it pretty clear that Savage is not good enough to play for City.

The cheering when he came on was ironic and his career at the club must surely be at an end - at last.

I think Johnson should take note as Savage is not only embarrassing himself, he's embarrassing the club.

He wasn't good enough when he arrived and has never been good enough to remain. I'm astounded that it's taken people so long to realise that - especially Johnson himself.

One of the prime reasons I remain unconvinced about Johnson is his persistence with Savage.

It's not up to the fans to decide who is good enough to play for City. It's up to the manager. The same guy who has turned this team around and whose knowledge and judgement of the game and the players, who he sees on and off the pitch day in day out, is far superior to yours or mine. He should be judged on results, and given how things are going at the moment I'd say he's doing a pretty decent job. If he thinks doing that job involves a role for Bas Savage, then I will back him. Anyone picked for the team who gives 100 per cent will get nothing but support from me for the full 90 minutes.

And as for the booing by some morons, well to steal a line from you, they are not only embarrassing themselves, they are embarrassing the club.

The guys who were doing most of the booing & shouting abuse at Bas were just in front of me,they thought they were so funny.Most people didnt like what they were doing but not wanting to get involved in a argument/fight kept quiet.Eventually one guy stood up & basically told them to get off his back & support him as he is wearing our shirt.A few more shouted agreement with him ,including me

To the guys who were shouting abuse It Isnt Big or Clever & definitely NOT FUNNY

I have no great opinion as to Bas just because of his awkward posture. However, yesterday I saw him mis control the ball once, win a couple of headers and hold the ball up in the corner when we were 2-1 up and under pressure.

For a 3rd Division player, he did what he was sent on to do, no more, but certainly no less. If I were Gary Johnson I would have considered it a good substitution.

It's nice to read a post from a City fan. Thanks and well said.

I am struggling to work out what team every other poster on this thread supports....

Bristol City, first, last and always.

Baz, well, hes STILL hopeless. End of.

Poor Poor BAz.

He won't be here next year, I very much doubt that. Can't be easy getting slagged off by the fans all the time. He is still a young player, and he can be good, but he has no confidence now at all.

Its probably best for all concerend that he leaves. I just hope he can get another club, hr probably needs to drop a division or two.

He must have been good once, thats what I thought when I saw this on the Internet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bas_Savage

Looks like he has lost his way. I heard when he was young Newcastle where interested, but they have there own Savage in Amoebi.

Who do people think we should buy next season. We need a striker!

Who do people think we should buy next season. We need a striker!

Any one of Adam Boyd, Billy Sharp, or Karl Hawley would do for me. Pacy goalscorer types, all fairly young, all with decent records so far. None of them should be particularly expensive compared to what we offered for Hayter and Reddy (neither of whom I think we'll get now Hayter has signed a new deal and Grimsby look to be going up).

Any one of Adam Boyd, Billy Sharp, or Karl Hawley would do for me. Pacy goalscorer types, all fairly young, all with decent records so far. None of them should be particularly expensive compared to what we offered for Hayter and Reddy (neither of whom I think we'll get now Hayter has signed a new deal and Grimsby look to be going up).

I don't think we will get anyof them, but the way we are playing at the moment make us look like a good proposition for next season, so even though we aren't making the play offs, we are doing ourselves no harm.

I think we will be up for automatic promotion next season.

I don't think we will get anyof them, but the way we are playing at the moment make us look like a good proposition for next season, so even though we aren't making the play offs, we are doing ourselves no harm.

I think we will be up for automatic promotion next season.

I think the biggest problem would be convincing one of them to relocate to the south.

But surely the prospect of more money, playing in front of more fans, in a bigger city, alongside a player of Brooker's quality, pushing for promotion ought to help convince?

Hawley might not want to leave Carlisle after being promoted but I can't see that Boyd will want to play in league two, or that S****horpe to City isn't attractive?

Certainly agree that our recent form will help to convince players to come here.

It's not up to the fans to decide who is good enough to play for City. It's up to the manager. The same guy who has turned this team around and whose knowledge and judgement of the game and the players, who he sees on and off the pitch day in day out, is far superior to yours or mine. He should be judged on results, and given how things are going at the moment I'd say he's doing a pretty decent job. If he thinks doing that job involves a role for Bas Savage, then I will back him. Anyone picked for the team who gives 100 per cent will get nothing but support from me for the full 90 minutes.

And as for the booing by some morons, well to steal a line from you, they are not only embarrassing themselves, they are embarrassing the club.

I accept your point of view and if you wish to be completely unquestioning in whatever the club or the manager does then that's your prerogative.

However, a great many supporters are more discerning about what happens at the club and on the field and would seek to challenge and question decisions made if they didn't happen to agree with them.

While I agree it's not up to fans to decide who should play, you must accept that pressure from disgruntled fans has caused greater changes at a club than merely dropping a player.

To quote the old adage "Football is about opinions" and if, in my opinion, I disagree with something the manager or the club has done, I will - as a paying customer - feel free to express that opinion. I fully accept that the manager probably has a lot more experience and knowledge of the game than I do, but that doesn't stop me from having an opinion.

As supporters, the only way we can, en masse, let the club know we're not happy about something is at a game. By that I mean before or after the game is the time to let the club know its customers generally aren't happy.

I don't advocate booing anybody during a game, but I reserve the right to express my disappointment afterwards in a peaceful manner that makes it clear I'm unhappy.

I'm not questioning the job that Johnson has done since he's been here, I'm merely questioning his persistence with a player who, in my opinion, is not good enough to play for the club.

Everyone knows that what Savage lacks in ability, he makes up for in effort. Nevertheless, I believe that's not enough. You don't need years of experience and knowledge to realise that it is abundently clear that Savage lacks the basic technical skills, coordination and vision required of a professional footballer and no amount of 'effort' is ever going to make up for it.

Archived