IGNORED

Danny Wilson

GJS_Cider_Army

surely he isnt going to save them again in the dying stages of the season, i hope he does I'm a great fan of his and enjoyed his period at the club

I sincerely and fervently hope that muppet and his francheese FC dung go down, dowwn, deeper on down.

Defeat is not failure my @rse.

Bloke was a poser, and incompetant of the highest order. You may be surprised to know the Dung fans currently share my opinion of the man

I sincerely and fervently hope that muppet and his francheese FC dung go down, dowwn, deeper on down.

Defeat is not failure my @rse.

Bloke was a poser, and incompetant of the highest order. You may be surprised to know the Dung fans currently share my opinion of the man

Not really a BCFC thread but at the end of the day he still took a bunch of no hopers into the Premiership.

As yet Tinnion, Johnson et al have yet to achieve that so don't slag him off !

Not really a BCFC thread but at the end of the day he still took a bunch of no hopers into the Premiership.

As yet Tinnion, Johnson et al have yet to achieve that so don't slag him off !

On the back of a team HE didnt build, and he has to date hardly got a "glittering" success story has he?

Failed to keep Barnsley up.

Failed at Wednesday.

Failed at City.

Failing at the Dung

Why did you bring in Tinnion or Johnson. however Johnson has managed an international side, with some success, for the team was/is in theory a bunch of no hopers.

We agree on Tinnion though

Guest Tactical Genius

more anti-wilson history re-writing.

wilson took charge of barnsley in june 94 after they had finished 18th in what is now the championship. within 3 years he turned them into a promotion winning side, the majority of the regulars in his promotion side were players he had either bought, or brought through the ranks.

of course he failed to keep them up. given the resources ferguson and wenger combined would have struggled to keep them up.

Messed up at wednesday.

Failed here. Of course he did. He had to reside over the mess left by Pulis. Improved the league position every season. We've gone backwards since he left.

Whilst it is my wish to see Franchise wiped off the face of the earth, he kept them up last season, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it again this year.

Danny Wilson certainly didn't fail at City. He gave the club some of its best football and memories in recent years.

Failure is measurable and in the play off's is not failure. Constantly languishing near the bottom, getting relegated, dwindling fan base and an ever decreasing balance sheet is failure.

I will simply say that I remain firmly convinced that, had Lansdown given Wilson the money that he subsequently gave the doomed 'cheap option', Tinnion, we would now be consolidating our position in the Championship, and not breathing a huge sigh of relief that we had just avoided relegation to division FOUR.

Slag off Wilson all you like but, during his tenure, we were hard to beat - especially at home.

If you intend to measure Danny's success based simply on whether he got us out of Division 1, then you could argue that, yes he Failed.

However, to so would totally over look what was for me, a very enjoyable time to watch us play. In the last 5 homes games of 2003/2004 season we beat QPR 1-0 in front of 19,000+, Plymouth 2-1, again sell out, drew with Brighton with a crowd of over 17,000, beat Blackpool 2-1, another sell out, and finally Hartlepool 2-1 in the Play off semi in front of more than 18,000.

In 5 home games we got over more than 92,000 fans through the turnstiles, in Division 1 !!!

If he was so bad, why did so many of us turn up to watch ? I don't remember crowds of this size so often for many years before, and we are definatly not getting them now.

Had Danny Been given another year I think he would have got us into the Championship.

That said, I think Johnson has done a great job, and like many fans, I also hope that Franchise FC go under, and get over taken by AFC Wimbledon...

Archived