IGNORED

Interesting Forest Green Result

Spud55

Am in my first season as Forest green manager, doing well currently second in the conference 2 points behind aldershot after 15 games.

Anyway got drawn away to Barnsley in the first round of the Fa cup so was harbouring low expectations, hoping to go there and not get stuffed.

After a nervy first 10 mins Meechan got a scrappy goal to put me into an unexpected lead, from that point on barnsley were never at the races and i completely dominated, scoring a further 2 goals to go in 3-0 up at the break, after the interval Barnsley lost their cool and had 2 players sent off allowing us in to nick another goal and complete my dominant victory.

IPB Image

IPB Image

yea forest green are quite a side on the game surprisingly but that still is the equivalent of city beating a prem team well done!

Sadly couldn't manage that, lost to Sunderland 3-0 at home in the 4th round :(

Doesn't help that i lost Gillespie as Newcastle bought him of City for 800k, lost Skuse to Blackburn when City sold him as well :(

Form has taken a bit of a dip since those two went, but am still second in the Conference, hoping to get a couple of strikers on loan as Meechan is injured at the mo leaving me with only Zema Abbey and some second string young players.

get james constable if you can, i had him and dominic pearmain from leicster, christ my spelling has gone to pot just like george micheal!!! also paul wanless is top class

Yea, Wanless is mint, he's my top scorer with 23 goals in 37 starts, had city sniffing around him a few times.

Archived