IGNORED

Updated Tables Depicting Events Under Gary Johnson

Ian M

• Admin

I already know that there are users who think these tables are irrelevent so no need to tell me again unless you fancy wasting a minute or two of your life composing a reply re-iterating that stance. Remember you'll never get those minute back mind :Sleep12:

To the rest of you, we have now played 23 games (or half a season) since "that run" ended and in that time Southend remain the only side to have bettered our points haul. Edit: NO-ONE has bettered our points haul.

Table:

(Played, Points, GD)

Bristol City ..... 23 45 +20

Southend ....... 23 44 +19

-------------------------------------

Colchester ...... 23 39 +8

Nottm Forest .. 23 37 +13

Gillingham ....... 23 36 +2

Brentford ....... 23 35 +9

Oldham .......... 23 35 +4

Barnsley ......... 23 34 +8

Doncaster ....... 23 33 -2

Blackpool ........ 23 31 -

Rotherham ..... 23 31 -4

Tranmere ....... 23 30 +4

Huddersfield .... 22 30 +3

Scunthorpe ..... 23 30 -2

MK Dons ........ 23 30 -17

Swindon ......... 23 29 -7

Bradford ........ 23 28 -2

Port Vale ........ 23 28 -5

Yeovil ............. 23 27 -1

Swansea ........ 23 25 -3

Bournemouth . 23 23 -6

Chesterfield ..... 22 20 -8

Hartlepool ....... 23 19 -12

Walsall ........... 23 18 -20

In the table depicting Johnson's entire spell as City manager (yes, the one that includes "that run") we have continued to make good process and are now up to 5th. Despite losing 7 league games on the spin, the best team in this division has only picked up 7 points more than us whilst Johnson has been our manager. THIS in my opinion is an indication that positive times are in store for us whilst Johnson is our manager &, contrary to the claims of one of our more dissentive players, Johnson isn't just a "Conference Manager™" managing above his station.

Table:

Southend ....... 34 61 +23

Colchester ...... 34 60 +16

Nottm Forest .. 34 55 +15

Brentford ....... 34 54 +12

Bristol City ..... 34 54 +11

Barnsley ......... 34 53 +13

Doncaster ....... 34 52 +3

Huddersfield .... 33 50 +8

Oldham .......... 34 50 +1

Gillingham ....... 34 50 -5

Swansea ........ 34 47 +7

Bradford ........ 34 44 -1

Port Vale ........ 34 42 -6

Blackpool ........ 34 41 -2

Chesterfield ..... 33 41 -2

Bournemouth . 34 40 -3

MK Dons ........ 34 40 -16

Tranmere ....... 34 39 -

Swindon ......... 34 39 -13

Yeovil ............. 34 38 -5

Scunthorpe ..... 34 38 -10

Rotherham ..... 34 36 -12

Hartlepool ....... 34 35 -13

Walsall ........... 34 32 -19

• Admin

Nice one again Madger. I really hope we can carry this into next season then hopefully this time next season we will be elebrating with a few beers/ciders etc.

There is no guarantee that we will be able to carry it on into next season but if we can then we should be laughing.

The last few weeks I have likened the way we're finishing this season to Luton under Mike Newell. They got off to a fairly poor start before finishing very strongly and just missing out on the play-offs. The next season they stormed it. Our team under Johnson seems to follow similar ethos to those of Newell's Luton in that we now appear to be a fairly powerful side who like to play a bit. We can only wait and see.

As long as we don't follow the Tranmere example of finishing very strongly, agonisingly missing out on the play-offs on 80 points before faltering the following season!

Gj seems to be very fitness minded. So hopefully he can train the players in pre season training to last the whole match like he has said. It's obvious that he has improved teh fitness players and hopefully he will take the players fitness to the next level after he has had a full pre season to work with them.

The way you train your players in Pre Season can have a massive bearing on your season I feel, And was one of teh qualities that Tins lacked.

It's interesting that so much has been made of Forests "surge" up the table after spending over £1m on a new strikeforce, yet Bristol City, boasting the likes of Bas and co have actually out-performed them!

I think with one or two quality signings over the summer, we should be in with a shout.

This just shows how much we have improved under Gary Johnson. Under Johnson we would be 5th in the league- case closed as to if he has done a good job. Roll on August!

The second table proves its all Lansdowns fault we aren't going up this year, if only he had sacked Tinnion sooner......... :whistle:

All good stuff and it shows that we are making progress, whichever way you look at the situation.

I hope that we can maintain our winning run until then end of the season and that GJ can wheel & deal to good effect in the close season.

Given the fact that between 7-9 are likely to leave, I can see us bringing in 5-6 including Fontaine & McCammon and "blooding" some of our youth in Artus, Williams & Wring.

Given a fair wind in terms of injuries & suspensions..........not to mention court cases, we have reasons to be hopeful.

Let's see :city::city:

Any theories as to why traditionally we always seem to end up having to climb a mountain by mid October?

P1ss poor planning and preparation I think.

You're not going to get off to a winning start when your pre season campaign mainly consists of 11-0 wins against the King's Arms!

Also, I don't think players have in the past felt under pressure from the start of a season, the competition and drive just hasn't been there.

I hope GJ can improve on our normal crap start, it will say alot to me if he can.

The second table proves its all Lansdowns fault we aren't going up this year, if only he had sacked Tinnion sooner......... :whistle:

If only we had lost to Colchester, I was bombarded at the time for saying such things but if we had done then maybe we would be in with a shout, maybe the 7-1 wouldn't have been needed after all, maybe there wouldn't have been the 9 game run.

• Admin

I just hope that we have a steady season next time round and that we stay up at first or second place for the whole term so that we can feel assured of automatic promotion and we can avoid having to trawl through Madger's disturbing statistical analyses.

:crying:

I jest. Nice work.

No matter whether we are 1st or 24th, I am confident that I can find sufficient angles to statistically analyse.

Fortunately for you, reading of my analysis is not compulsory and there will be no test on it at the end of the season. Perhaps I could recommend the "Ignore User" feature of this forum? :D

No matter whether we are 1st or 24th, I am confident that I can find sufficient angles to statistically analyse. Perhaps I could recommend the "Ignore User" feature of this forum? :D

As far as I am concerned, it's a case of credit where due.

Gary Johnson is doing a super job and these stats provide the proof.

Good job. :city:

• Admin

A great analysis Madger but I think you must have gone wrong somewhere. Comparing your two tables implies that Johnson had 11 points from his first 11 matches. By my reckoning, it was only 9.

So I have, only added 1 point to the 23 game table for our victory at Hartlepool so we actually have the best record over the last 23 games.....

Archived