IGNORED

9 Out Of 10 !

Maltshoveller

What is the facsination with Roberts?

He gets the ball trys beating 2 players and looses it. He is a good player with potential but he trys doing to much and his decision making is poor.

Will if we had Roberts and Peacock up front we would see less goals as it is shown in this thread and my thread.

What is the facsination with Roberts?

He gets the ball trys beating 2 players and looses it. He is a good player with potential but he trys doing to much and his decision making is poor.

Will if we had Roberts and Peacock up front we would see less goals as it is shown in this thread and my thread.

Roberts creates more chances that the ones he scores and the bit where you complain about him trying to do too much?!!! I have literally soiled my pants due to your unrivalled wittiness.! :how funny: Christ with a team who play at 50% a player who plays 150% is exactly what we need!

Roberts creates more chances that the ones he scores and the bit where you complain about him trying to do too much?!!! I have literally soiled my pants due to your unrivalled wittiness.! :how funny: Christ with a team who play at 50% a player who plays 150% is exactly what we need!

How many has he set up this year? How many has he scored this year? Tell me a ratio of Games:Assists/Goals please?

I don't know Games:Assists but Goals per Starts have been 5:1, including sub apperances it has been 14:1. Good record it must be said.

How many has he set up this year? How many has he scored this year? Tell me a ratio of Games:Assists/Goals please?

I don't know Games:Assists but Goals per Starts have been 5:1, including sub apperances it has been 14:1. Good record it must be said.

And tell me how can you compare his form this season to last season when this season he's been put as a winger (which he isnt and never has been) and last season he was playing his correct position which was a striker.

Chances are if you put Tommy Doherty in Goals he's going to save alot less or if you put Matt Hill as Center Forward he isnt going to be very good!

Roberts performance from last season cant be compared to this season untill he starts playing in the central striking position and he is given time to get back into his game.

And tell me how can you compare his form this season to last season when this season he's been put as a winger (which he isnt and never has been) and last season he was playing his correct position which was a striker.

Chances are if you put Tommy Doherty in Goals he's going to save alot less or if you put Matt Hill as Center Forward he isnt going to be very good!

Roberts performance from last season cant be compared to this season untill he starts playing in the central striking position and he is given time to get back into his game.

LAST SEASON! Last Season doesnt matter to me anymore, we should be looking foward not back. blah blah blah. Roberts did this and that last year. You say he was never a winger? He played on the left wing for exeter so, um, i dunno where you got that from.

Guest Champagne Football

I agree with Gas Hater, Roberts just isn't proving his worth as a striker and he is an out and out winger. Anyone who can't see this hasn't been going to many city games this season. When he plays upfront he has his back to goal and unable to run at any defenders so just lays it off back to the midfield. When he plays on the wing he may not score as many goals but he provides the constant threat and I think he can give the service to Miller and Peacock.

Well say he is an out and out winger but according to his brother he doesnt like the thought of ending up as a winger and when you want to base his performance on this season on stats it's not fair when hes mostly played as a winger and hasnt had enough games in a row to get back into the striker position.

I mean its #### to say he is a winger anyway because the fact is if we still had murray he would have never touched the wing.

the ONLY reason he is there is because Wilson couldnt find a replacement for Murray so now he's using the only guy who gives 110% each game because he knows even if he cant play there he will try his hardest.

The ONLY player who gives 110%? Dunno where you got that from? By the way he struts around he looks like he doesnt care. Roberts only played up front last season as we had no one else good enough. Yeh he got 18, but if he was as good as you make out he would of got AT LEAST 30, as i can think of about 15 times where he ran through and balloneed it or missed a one on one.

Peacock cannot play with Roberts. A Good Striking Partnership is when they have an understanding. Roberts and Peacock don't. A Good Partnership would be within yards of each other, kind of a 'back-up', so if Miller was playing with Peacock, Miller may miss a header or flick it on Peacock would normally be there to help. With Roberts and Peacock. Roberts would be near him, Peacock would go up for a header, nod it down to him and Roberts would of ran to somewhere else.

I agree with Gas Hater, Roberts just isn't proving his worth as a striker and he is an out and out winger. Anyone who can't see this hasn't been going to many city games this season. When he plays upfront he has his back to goal and unable to run at any defenders so just lays it off back to the midfield. When he plays on the wing he may not score as many goals but he provides the constant threat and I think he can give the service to Miller and Peacock.

I agree with you there mate. Roberts may try to be a bit too clever with the ball at times, but every now and again it will pay off as I have seen in a couple of games so far this season. He wasn't a natural right winger when he changed to that position at the start of the season.

I think Roberts is trying to emulate what Murray was doing last season a little too much when he should know in his head that he'll never be able to affect that role 110% the way Murray used to. He can still learn however and come out to each and every new game that comes along to get more and more used to his new role on the right wing.

Sooner or later I think he'll will be able to perfect feeding both Peacock and Miller with good crosses for them both to head or smack into the back of the net, along with his occasional goal as well from the right wing position.

Overall though, I think it truly is just a matter of time before all the above comes into play.

Up the City!

I agree with you there mate. Roberts may try to be a bit too clever with the ball at times, but every now and again it will pay off as I have seen in a couple of games so far this season. He wasn't a natural right winger when he changed to that position at the start of the season.

He was a winger at Exeter. When has Roberts trying to do too much worked off? His goal against Grimsby was a lonmg run with 1 player infront of him then the keeper.

I think Roberts is trying to emulate what Murray was doing last season a little too much when he should know in his head that he'll never be able to affect that role 110% the way Murray used to. He can still learn however and come out to each and every new game that comes along to get more and more used to his new role on the right wing.

Roberts was trying to 'a little to much' last year as well. It would have to take him a very long time to be as good as Murray i assure you.

Sooner or later I think he'll will be able to perfect feeding both Peacock and Miller with good crosses for them both to head or smack into the back of the net, along with his occasional goal as well from the right wing position.

Hopefully it will happen, but on recent performances, it doesnt look like it was happening. But i feel if Roberts isnt performing than why keep playing him upfront when it is odviouis our top striker Peacock works best with Miler

Archived