IGNORED

Scott Murray

city3rovers2

I loved Scott Murray. He was an excellent player, most of the time (admit it, he had his bad days, same as everyone). But he's gone now. yes, we miss him. yes, perhaps the team is lacking since he left. But he's not coming back. He's happy at Reading. He will always have a special place in his heart for Bristol City, we were his proper stepping stone for his career. But he's gone. And no matter how much you moan, and complain, and say what a stupid thing it was to do, and we should have sold him for far more money, or not have sold him at all, or complain how #### the players that we bought with that money are, the fact of the matter is, he's gone, and we have to make do with what we've got left. We can't keep blaming our poor run on the fact that Scott Murray left. We are playing poorly because Wilson seems to have forgotten what tactics mean. We are playing poorly because players are being played consistently out of postion. We are playing poorly because players have no confidence because we had a few bad games, people jumped on their backs, and now they can't get over it and are continually playing badly. A big shake up is needed. But I know this team can pull it together and play well. We may not win promotion. We may not even make the play offs. Right now I'd settle for flowing, entertaining, fun to watch football, that would make the hour trip down the M4 worthwhile.

My point is, that while last season, we had Scott Murray, this season we don't, and we must put that aside and concentrate on the players we have got, and get their confidence up, and gt back to winning ways. I know they can do it. I'm just fed up of hearing Scott Murray's name mentioned all the time. We are not a one player team. I detest one player teams. We must be an 11 player team. It might take time, but it will happen. Lets leave Scott Murray alone, let him get on with his life in Reading, and only remember him as the top guy he was LAST season. Lets focus on this season.

Sorry if this comes across as a rant. I didn't mean it to be. But continually blaming this poor form and the departure of Murray has to stop.

We were not a one man team when we had Scott Murray - we were a better team !!!!

BCFC still have quality players but they seem to lack the management to motivate them. I've no doubt that with the right type of management - Peter Taylor for instance - we'd now be points clear at the top of Div 2 with the calibre of players we currently have.

Archived