IGNORED

Carlisle - Next Year

glastonred

Although I don't think we'll have too much competition from the relegated clubs - Brighton, Crewe and Millwall, I do feel a bit more cautious about Carlisle United, if, as expected, they get promoted. Clubs coming up from League Two often do really well, look at Southend this season. Especially if Bridges stays with them. Since he left us their fans must think we're really stupid to let someone of his calibre leave. I just wish he'd been given the chance to make his mark with us. This was the only time I've doubted one of GJs decisions, and I just pray we don't rue the day, when he lines up against us next season.

Although I don't think we'll have too much competition from the relegated clubs - Brighton, Crewe and Millwall, I do feel a bit more cautious about Carlisle United, if, as expected, they get promoted. Clubs coming up from League Two often do really well, look at Southend this season. Especially if Bridges stays with them. Since he left us their fans must think we're really stupid to let someone of his calibre leave. I just wish he'd been given the chance to make his mark with us. This was the only time I've doubted one of GJs decisions, and I just pray we don't rue the day, when he lines up against us next season.

I wouldn't underestimate Brighton and Crewe as they both have good experience in this division. Carlisle will have been promoted twice in a row so maybe three times will be a bit much for them.

You do have a point because didnt rotherham go stright up a couple of seasons ago and brighton and plymouth done well in there first seasons then went up year after.

City's games against division two sides met with defeat this season, and Carlisle were narrowly beaten 2-1 by Swansea in their cup tie.

I for one don't see a lot of difference in divisions one and two this season, division 1 being particularly weak. However there is a huge difference between division 1 and the Championship. Five of the bottom 7 teams in the championship have been promoted in recent years, whilst the top half of the division is littered with Premiership regulars

Back to Carlisle, they have a great scoring record this season, and with Bridges at 28, he may want to return to the higher divisions sooner rather than later. Not bad for a reject, 15 goals in 21 matches. Thats more than Reddy, GJ's transfer target has scored in 43 matches. If I was running our football club, I would be looking for the egg on somebody's face.

I feel that Carlisle may need to see their big players to strengthen their squad as a whole. Time will tell though, not looking forward to travelling to Carlisle on a Tuesday night (and to think that we used to taunt the gas with that fact when they got relegated...)

Archived