IGNORED

Arctic Monkeys

The Batman

i saw them last night at the civic hall in wolves

i had to que to get tickets a few weeks back for almost 7 hours, after being told that tjey'd be the next big thing.

musically they were ok, they are too over hyped I'm my opinion

they were on for 1 hour, no encore,

i know they've only released 1 album but surely they could have done some other stuff, ie their version of love machine or new unreleased stuff.

shame really

if you are planning on seeing them, don't get too excited.

Danakin

i saw them last night at the civic hall in wolves

i had to que to get tickets a few weeks back for almost 7 hours, after being told that tjey'd be the next big thing.

musically they were ok, they are too over hyped I'm my opinion

they were on for 1 hour, no encore,

i know they've only released 1 album but surely they could have done some other stuff, ie their version of love machine or new unreleased stuff.

shame really

if you are planning on seeing them, don't get too excited.

I totally agree with you.

I saw them at the Plymouth Pavillions (not a great venue for sound) and wasn't particulary impressed. Looking around the crowd I just couldn't believe how popular they are - I believe the bassist was doing the very same. They've tapped into the mainstream brilliantly but they will not last long.

I really feel that the don't add alot of originality for something so popular.

I have seen them twice now. Once last October @ The Bierkeller before the world went monkey crazy, and once @ the Academy on the NME awards tour in February. They were superb the first time and just ok the 2nd (although Maximo Park and We Are Scientists were excellent)

They are superb IMO, witty lyrics and great tunes.

A Certain Romance and From the Ritz to the Rubble are 2 of the best records of this millenium so far.

Maybe they are getting a bit jaded from all the touring/adulation coming their way at the moment, but I'm pretty sure they will still be doing very well in 5 years time.

I have seen them twice now. Once last October @ The Bierkeller before the world went monkey crazy, and once @ the Academy on the NME awards tour in February. They were superb the first time and just ok the 2nd (although Maximo Park and We Are Scientists were excellent)

They are superb IMO, witty lyrics and great tunes.

A Certain Romance and From the Ritz to the Rubble are 2 of the best records of this millenium so far.

Maybe they are getting a bit jaded from all the touring/adulation coming their way at the moment, but I'm pretty sure they will still be doing very well in 5 years time.

Couldnt agree more. I've seen them twice, both before they got big and on both occasions they were fantastic. Couldnt believe they were only 19 years old, makes me feel old at 25!!

Cant comment on their recent performances but if you havent got the album then get it. Its a cliche to say that 'Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What I'm Not' is the modern day Definately Maybe but I have to say that I think it is.

Brilliant lyrics and riffs. They are all immense on their instruments especially the drummer and bassist and for a Northerner his voice is bearable!

Couldnt agree more. I've seen them twice, both before they got big and on both occasions they were fantastic. Couldnt believe they were only 19 years old, makes me feel old at 25!!

Cant comment on their recent performances but if you havent got the album then get it. Its a cliche to say that 'Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What I'm Not' is the modern day Definately Maybe but I have to say that I think it is.

Brilliant lyrics and riffs. They are all immense on their instruments especially the drummer and bassist and for a Northerner his voice is bearable!

I've lived in Sheffield and think the references to Rotherham, Hunters Bar and Shiregreen are brilliant, not-to-mention the yorkshire lingo that southerners might not get. To me they're the Libertines for the working classes but I haven't seen them live yet.

They're a decent live band but their album falls short for me. It's got a couple of great tracks but 8ish distinctly average ones. Definately maybe is full of great songs.

If you ever get a chance to listen to their demo Beneath the Boardwalk it has the best stuff plus other killer tracks and IMO it's a much better record.

I don't like this new EP they're doing either. Cashing in on their early success just shows their attitude.

They're the first band to sound like Pixies without coming off as a rip-off, if you know what I mean :D

The singer's hip-hop-influenced style of delivery is really interesting to listen to and his lyrics manage to carry off the extremely difficult job of being simple and at the same time not cliche. My personal favourite has to be 'Red light indicates doors are secured' - it demonstrates perfectly what a good storyteller he is.

Add to this the backing music, which really does tip its hat, scarf and gloves to Black Francis et all, with its rich mixture of simple power riffs and off-kilter harmonies, and you have a band that will be around for some time to come.

I don't like this new EP they're doing either. Cashing in on their early success just shows their attitude.

They are releasing the new EP because they want to show some new songs, not just rest on their laurels, with the success of the album.

If they REALLY wanted to cash in, they would have done TOTP, CD-UK etc and plenty of interviews. As it is they tend to shy away from as much publicity as possible.

I have actually met them and had a good long chat with Andy the bassist (big guy) and they are the most down to earth people you can meet, truly top lads.

If you do like the Arctic Monkeys, I suggest you also try to get hold of some tunes by a band called Milburn. They are the AM mates and supported them the 1st time I saw them, and they were brilliant, and also nice guys!!

They are releasing the new EP because they want to show some new songs, not just rest on their laurels, with the success of the album.

If they REALLY wanted to cash in, they would have done TOTP, CD-UK etc and plenty of interviews. As it is they tend to shy away from as much publicity as possible.

They maintain that image of reclusiveness very well but IMO it's part of their act. I really do think they're just cashing in on the hype because they know anything with the name arctic monkeys on will sell.

Archived