IGNORED

Gary Johnson Top Of League Managers

havanatopia

go to the following link to see who is top of the entire football league - yes thats 92 clubs - its our very own Gary Johnson

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/awards/tissot-league.html

Well done Gary, Fantastic job.

If this does not silence the critics then clearly nothing will.

Very fitting too on this 30th anniversary of reaching the top flight for the first time in 65 years.

Was that it, so why is Johnson doing better with the exact same 'help' that Tinnion had?

umm because Johnson is a very expirenced manager who has managed at both club and international level so doesn't in any shape or form need the same level of help as tinnion did ??

If you are going to go for an inexpirenced manager it is a must to have an experienced number 2 or director of football. You can get away with one of the two being inexpirenced but both is a very big ask.

On an aside i see the Millen bashing has stopped, which is nice to see as he is a very good coach.

umm because Johnson is a very expirenced manager who has managed at both club and international level so doesn't in any shape or form need the same level of help as tinnion did ??

If you are going to go for an inexpirenced manager it is a must to have an experienced number 2 or director of football. You can get away with one of the two being inexpirenced but both is a very big ask.

On an aside i see the Millen bashing has stopped, which is nice to see as he is a very good coach.

odd that it continues for GJ when he is top of the pile.

Millen has no such table to judge his ability which leads me to ask how you know he is such a great coach?

Not that I am doubting you but I was not too impressed with him during Tinman's tenure. he has, presumably, come on leaps and bounds since then unless it was all Tinman's fault? Hmmm, interesting one to think about there then.

Edited by havanatopia

So this means that Gary Johnson is better than Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson then?

I remember Tinnion being fairly high on that list at one point and he was rubbish in reality.

No it doesn't. The table is only for the 4th quarter of the season if you look at this link

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/awards/tisso...+Total&x=19&y=3

which is for the entire season you will see the familiar names. Coppell leads but Mourinho, Ferguson and Benitez are all there along with Wenger and Paul Simpson of Carlisle.

Infact as you would expect the the top 20 names are all the best placed teams in all the leagues.

odd that it continues for GJ when he is top of the pile.

Millen has no such table to judge his ability which leads me to ask how you know he is such a great coach?

Not that I am doubting you but I was not too impressed with him during Tinman's tenure. he has, presumably, come on leaps and bounds since then unless it was all Tinman's fault? Hmmm, interesting one to think about there then.

On Radio Brizzle on Saturday during GJ interview he said how good it was working with KM and what an excellent coach perhaps he was brought down under the last manager to as well as our players

go to the following link to see who is top of the entire football league - yes thats 92 clubs - its our very own Gary Johnson

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/awards/tissot-league.html

Well done Gary, Fantastic job.

If this does not silence the critics then clearly nothing will.

Very fitting too on this 30th anniversary of reaching the top flight for the first time in 65 years.

To be honest mate, the fact that we will be playing in division one next season - I am struggling to call what Gary Johnsoin has done so far "a fantastic job".

I'm a big GJ fan, but the division one table is the one I am interested in.

He has done a good job and to get us into the playoffs or promoted automatically next year would be a great job.

Whats a fantastic job? Well thats for promotion to the bigger boys league...

Edited by Lordofthebling

To be honest mate, the fact that we will be playing in division one next season - I am struggling to call what Gary Johnsoin has done so far "a fantastic job".

He has done a good job and to get us into the playoffs or promoted automatically next year would be a great job.

agree ,good and fantastic are 2 very differently defined words ,we should all use that wisely

Yeh you are right, but considering the position we were in when he took charge to where we are now i'm classing him as doing a very good job. I'm looking at the bigger picture and the club is slowly but surely becoming more stable both in terms of results on the pitch and getting the younger players on long term contracts. I didn't expect us to go up, after certain results this year it would have been a miracle tbh, i'm just pleased we have a settled side and management that can provide a great future for the club.

As someones said on here before, to coin a phrase, 'the futures bright, the futures johnson'