IGNORED

11pm Tonight..............

Dolman Block B

God!! Ron," you (I said a naughty word)"? 'spose your not bad!

After speaking to some people off the forum tonight I promise not to get heated again. Well maybe a few times but just ignore me when I do :yawn:

"Soccer night" htv..............a tribute to Bristol City 76 :clap:

Watch it kids.... :dance:

I was thinking about that tonight, looking around Gate 30 years to the day after the promotion night.

I then realised i was wearing the exact same trusty City scarf i was wearing that night all those years ago.

You'd never have caught the teenage Nogbad in the Enclosure then though. :whistle:

I was thinking about that tonight, looking around Gate 30 years to the day after the promotion night.

I then realised i was wearing the exact same trusty City scarf i was wearing that night all those years ago.

You'd never have caught the teenage Nogbad in the Enclosure then though. :whistle:

Nogbad - I hope you enjoyed it tonight. You should have said hi!

I was not lucky enough to be around back then but I have heard the stories from a number of people quite a lot recently. None with more feeling than Tom Ritchie who genuinely loved his time at City. I can only dream of that happening in my lifetime I think - a championship season or two would be a start for me though!

Nogbad - I hope you enjoyed it tonight. You should have said hi!

I was not lucky enough to be around back then but I have heard the stories from a number of people quite a lot recently. None with more feeling than Tom Ritchie who genuinely loved his time at City. I can only dream of that happening in my lifetime I think - a championship season or two would be a start for me though!

I was on my way down to the front when i came in Luke but bumped into some lads i haven't seen for years and sat with them.

Spent a bit too long in the Supporters Club at half-time too.

Tom Ritchie will always be a hero at City, he was one of my favourites in both his spells at the club.

As for success and City, i often think that almost all the most memorable games happened in my first five or six years of support -Tottenham, league Cup semis, Leeds, F.A. Cup home and away, Promotion night, Arsenal away, Coventry away. I should have given up after the Coventry game because i'm sure i'll never beat that night for sheer emotion at a football match.

There has been the odd promotion and Cup run since of course, and Chester away when we started the fight back after '82 would be in my top ten City experiences and i'll never forget the first Wembley final.

Roberts winner against Hartlepool. and especially the crowd that night, convinced me that City can rise again and i'm optimistic that after decades of mediocrity and disappointment we're now on track for further succeses in the next few years. Promotion next year for starters, i reckon. :):city:

And us young un's at the time (late 70's) didin't realise what we had, the best of British footballers appearing at The Gate, week in week out.

Actually don't believe it's the same anymore, the prem doesn'thold that mystical quality the top division had back then. The money men have ruined it I'm afraid.

:dance: befroe i was born ,

and before the education system messed about with teaching kids how to spell :dance:

The summer following that great night was filled with the sense of anticipation about the new season. When the fixtures were published and the first match was to be Arsenal away, we knew we were among the big boys (erm, and Stoke :laugh: ).

A few weeks before the start of the season ITV hosted the recording of "All In The Game", a soccer skills show at Ashton Gate, with teams from England and Scotland taking part. Anyone remember those evenings?

A few weeks before the start of the season ITV hosted the recording of "All In The Game", a soccer skills show at Ashton Gate, with teams from England and Scotland taking part. Anyone remember those evenings?

Remember it well rev.

I've posted at length about this before - just to add 'All In The Game' wasn't much kop but having just been promoted we'd go and watch the grass grow to be at AG.

Most memorable thing was when Dickie Davies was doing some summarising with his back to the crowd who were all jammed into the Grandstand and Enclosure.

While he beamed enthusiastically into the camera he was unaware of a massive brawl that had broken out and was visible behind him. A section of the crowd, some 8-9,000 strong in total, were pushing and shoving like the Anfield Kop after a goal with fists flying everywhere. This must have gone on for a couple of minutes with a big space appearing around the flailing participants while Dickie prattled on, teeth gleaming, about the "new family sport', blissfully unaware of the violent carnage behind him.

We read afterwards that a group of Rovers fans, no doubt jealous of our promotion, had 'made themselves known' and that ten people had been arrested as a result of the unsavoury incident.

and before the education system messed about with teaching kids how to spell :dance:

The summer following that great night was filled with the sense of anticipation about the new season. When the fixtures were published and the first match was to be Arsenal away, we knew we were among the big boys (erm, and Stoke :laugh: ).

Remember Dickie Davis shouting instructions to the fans. Didn't City win this? Missed the Arsenal game even though i was there. Stuck in some pen between the entrance and the ground.

Archived