IGNORED

Question?

Ian M

• Admin

On our return from the Algarve I recall Johnson saying that whilst we may not see the immediate benefit of the trip (I remember we didn't win the following game but don't recall if it was drawn or lost or who it was against) the long term benefits would be clear.

Can someone remind me when the trip actually took place?

I suspect part of our good form now could be down to the fitness/freshness of our players as enhanced by that trip.

Wasnt it after our 3 match unbeaten run and then the bad run started?

No it was before our 1-1 draw with S****horpe in January. About midway through our unbeaten run that lasted from early December to about Late January/Early Feb if I remember rightly.

No it was before our 1-1 draw with S****horpe in January. About midway through our unbeaten run that lasted from early December to about Late January/Early Feb if I remember rightly.

check me edited post was after the Walsall match just checked :rolleyes:

That's right. They had a free Saturday on 7th January as they were out of the FA Cup, and their form had picked up during December culminating in the 3 goal thrashing of Walsall on New Year's Bank holiday Monday.

Steve L has apparently made some promise of a holiday if they picked up a certain number of points by that date so off to the Algarve they go. Following the 1-1 draw with S****horpe they lost at Colchester and drew away at Blackpool.

They found winning form aginst Swansea 3 weeks after the (working) holiday.

• Admin

Thanks all, so our record since the trip is W9 D4 L4. Not bad and maybe a little vindication for the trip after I recall a few were criticising the decision to go in the immediate aftermath of the results that followed it.

Archived