IGNORED

Scott Murrary

kiwicolin

was on the geoff twentyman show tonight that

it was BT who stopped SM going to liverpool.

SM had a trial at liverpool and GS was going to sign him.

the following day we played liverpool and BT won us

the game. hence GS was sacked. hence SM move to liverpool

fell through. now SM and BT are best of friends.

funny old game this is.

I think that just shows what a terrible manager Souness is if he ever thought Scott was good enough for the premiership.

Funny how no other Prem managers even expressed an interest.

Bit harsh. Scott would have been very young & with top premiership coaching & training with world class players who knows how he may have progressed?

Who indeed knows. But the consensus then was that he wouldn't. There have been plenty of players who have dropped down to go back up later. Scott didn't. Cream rises to the top and well Scott's still here...

I think that just shows what a terrible manager Souness is if he ever thought Scott was good enough for the premiership.

of course he never played for aston villa??? oh wait yeah he did!

of course he never played for aston villa??? oh wait yeah he did!

Good grief he played 4 times for them. Do you really think that made him good enough for the Premiership?

Just another in the long line of decent players who didn't make it to the big time.

It's not harsh it's just true.

Edit- I honestly can't believe anyone thinks that because he was picked up as a youth to a Premiership team, played four times for them and barely made it to the Championship level was ever good enough.

a player is kinda like a dog....its how you bring them up! that make or break them!

whether he was good enough is a whole different question, your comment was the above, which was related to in the fact that a Premiership Manager did sign him when he was 20.

whether he was good enough is a whole different question, your comment was the above, which was related to in the fact that a Premiership Manager did sign him when he was 20.

*Shudder*

Right. I should have put at the time because i forgot how pedantic this forum was.

When Souness tried to buy Scott and it fell through no other manager expressed enough interest for him to move to the Premiership. This IMO shows a lack of nous from Souness.

Archived