Hartlepool 0-2 Forest

Oldham 2-0 Swansea

Tranmere 1-2 CITY

Barnsley 1-1 Bradford

CITY 3-0 Swinedon

Doncaster 1-1 Oldham

Forest 2-0 Bournemouth

Swansea 1-2 Southend

That's not an inconceivable set of results. Swansea are in freefall, local northern pride at stake at Bradford and Doncaster. The most unlikely result I suppose is Blackpool beating Barnsley and I suppose us winning today. Nevertheless, it would see the table after 45 games looking like this:

6. Barnsley Points 68 goal difference +15

7. CITY Points 67 goal difference +7

8. Oldham Points 67 goal difference +1

9. Swansea Points 66 goal difference +16

and so to the last game. By then Forest are uncatchable, but for the rest the fixtures are:

Southend v CITY

Chesterfield v Swansea

Oldham v S****horpe

Walsall v Barnsley

If we win at Southend, who will be in party mood by then, Oldham and Swansea don't matter. even if Swansea get a point off Southend, its by no means certain they'd get the win they would need at Chesterfield. Meanwhile, Walsall could still be fighting for their lives, they could stop Barnsley from winning.

CITY IN THE PLAY OFFS!

And if I get that lot right I will wish I'd had a £10 accumalator towards my pension fund.

Think Forest will make it; we have to go for a Barnsley hiccup and hope the taffs free fall continues :dunno:

Nick, are you a fan of the Everly Brothers?

'Dream, dream dream'

If them gas boys can still be in with a distant hope, with their team of misfits; then our finely tuned goalscoring machine will walk it no probs :dance:

You can't write off Swansea. Also if Southend get promotion today I'm afraid the same argument could be true as you have used for their game on the last day of the season for their match against Swansea.

There are basically 4 teams currently ahead of us with much better goal difference who we could theoretically catch. Huddersfield, Barnsely, Forest and Swansea. With their much superior goal difference we none of them can realistically gain more than 69 points with City getting 70.

It almost defies belief the everything will fall into place!

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Nice thread, where one can feel positive, until, 16:54 today, when the result against Tranmere is known, and we can also see what other results go our way!!.

IF we win, then i think G.J. will put out the strongest side for the remaining 2 fixtures, BUT if we draw or loose today, then in the interest of "local Derbies", then he will field the "youngsters", hoping to do Yeovil and Swindle a favour in their religation fight!.

Going to be an interesting three weeks!.

;)

Here are a selection of possible results from the next 2 weeks:

Blackpool 2-1 Barnsley

Hartlepool 0-2 Forest

Oldham 2-0 Swansea

Tranmere 1-2 CITY

Barnsley 1-1 Bradford

CITY 3-0 Swinedon

Doncaster 1-1 Oldham

Forest 2-0 Bournemouth

Swansea 1-2 Southend

That's not an inconceivable set of results. Swansea are in freefall, local northern pride at stake at Bradford and Doncaster. The most unlikely result I suppose is Blackpool beating Barnsley and I suppose us winning today. Nevertheless, it would see the table after 45 games looking like this:

6. Barnsley Points 68 goal difference +15

7. CITY Points 67 goal difference +7

8. Oldham Points 67 goal difference +1

9. Swansea Points 66 goal difference +16

and so to the last game. By then Forest are uncatchable, but for the rest the fixtures are:

Southend v CITY

Chesterfield v Swansea

Oldham v S****horpe

Walsall v Barnsley

If we win at Southend, who will be in party mood by then, Oldham and Swansea don't matter. even if Swansea get a point off Southend, its by no means certain they'd get the win they would need at Chesterfield. Meanwhile, Walsall could still be fighting for their lives, they could stop Barnsley from winning.

CITY IN THE PLAY OFFS!

And if I get that lot right I will wish I'd had a £10 accumalator towards my pension fund.

If you get that lot right I will forever call you GOD.And rightly so.

Scuse me for one moment.....

"Nick J Nick J give us a wave!"

(yes that was me)

As for the playoffs, would be a dream end to this season, but I cant see it happening.

Dolly I do feel so guilty for not waving, I didnt realise I had such a fan club!

If you get that lot right I will forever call you GOD.And rightly so.

If that lot comes off I will start believing there is a God.

Guest DrFaustus

If that lot comes off I will start believing there is a God.

If that lot comes off I will stop believing in God and will join the City Trust. :rolleyes:

Dream, dream dream.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

If that lot comes off I will stop believing in God and will join the City Trust. :rolleyes:

Dream, dream dream.

I'd be very careful with what you write on here, because IF the impossible happend, then you'll be wearing Red and White next season!!.

:englandsmile4wf::city::englandsmile4wf:

Guest DrFaustus

I'd be very careful with what you write on here, because IF the impossible happend, then you'll be wearing Red and White next season!!.

:englandsmile4wf::city::englandsmile4wf:

Rusty nails over my eyelids before that ever happens :w00t:

Even though NickJ did not get the results correct we still had some results in our favour.

The league table looks like this

5.Barnsley 68points goal difference+17

6.swansea 67points goal difference+19

7.Notts Forest 67points goal difference+15

8.CITY 64points goal difference+5

NickJ's predictions for saturday are:

Barnsley 1-1 Bradford

CITY 3-0 Swinedon

Doncaster 1-1 Oldham

Forest 2-0 Bournemouth

Swansea 1-2 Southend

So that leaves us (if NickJ is correct ofcourse!)

5.Notts forest 70points goal difference+17

6.Barnsley 69Points goal difference+17

7.Swansea 67points goal difference+18

8.City 67points goal difference+8

Now a loss for swansea is possible as they are playing southend who will want to wrap promotion up and we just need Barnsley to loose :(:pray: Could set us up for a hell of a game at southend in two weeks who may of taken there foot of the gas if were lucky and have promotion

i think my calculations are right, am i dreaming? hey I'm a city fan this is what we do!!

Archived