IGNORED

If There Was A Miracle...

mozo

Even if we squeaked the play-offs and continuing our good form won promotion, would it be too soon for City?

Surely after all the troubles we've had this season, we can't possibly have a squad capable of hanging on to Championship status, even with considerable squad additions? Wouldn't we benefit from another season of graft in this division?

(Saying all that, I still want us to do it! :doh:)

:englandsmile4wf: It may be to soon, but i do think we have a squad of players capable of hanging on to championship status if there were to be a miracle!! Of course we need the odd player i.e. a pacy foward capable of bagging a few goals. with a few additions i think this squad will do fine in the championship. Luton managed so I'm pretty sure we can

Even if we went up and straight back down we'd go a fair way to clearing some of our debts I think.

Both GJ and SL don't seem the types to gamble on expensive players and would instead go for free transfers or talent from the lower leagues...

I don't think we have to worry about it this year anyway! Hope I'm wrong though obviously!

Possibly, but teams like Hull and Luton arguably didn't have championship sqauds, but with the right management, which we have, anything can happen. Crikey, didn't think i would be talking about promotion, thanks mozo, Stop the presses - Richy P turns optimist.

I don't think it would be too soon. A side good enough for promotion is generally good enough for mid-table in the league above. We've all been saying we need a couple of good signings in the summer to make a promotion side, therefore we'd only need the same signings to become a mid-table championship side if we went up.

I think some people are getting to conferdent about us going up.Or am i just saying that because i don't want the heartach if we don't go up.

I used the word miracle, which implies it ain't going to happen! I was just being hypothetical, really.

I guess if we did go up, we'd find it a lot easier to sign a high quality of player. There are plenty of players in league one worth poaching, plus the like of Fontaine would be very tempted. So if there was this unlikely promotion I guess we could try to blag it.

Rome wasn't built in a day though, and even 'Magic' Johnson surely can't build a championship standard squad in under a year??

Even if we squeaked the play-offs and continuing our good form won promotion, would it be too soon for City?

Surely after all the troubles we've had this season, we can't possibly have a squad capable of hanging on to Championship status, even with considerable squad additions? Wouldn't we benefit from another season of graft in this division?

(Saying all that, I still want us to do it! :doh:)

sorry dude, but there is is never a wrong time for promotion.

yes, players will need to be bought in, but the financial rewards would benefit us.

Archived