IGNORED

A Small Sign Of Hope

Ian M

• Admin

As well as winning both of our remaining games, in order to make the play-offs we would need at least 2 of the sides above us to falter.

This is where the other BCFC comes in.

Bradford City currently lie 5th in the current form table.

Next week, they travel to Barnsley (17th in the form table stat fans), the week after they host Forest. Bradford go into THAT game as the division's MOST in-form home side :ph34r:

In effect, "BCFC" could have a big bearing on whether "BCFC" make the play-offs :w00t:

As well as winning both of our remaining games, in order to make the play-offs we would need at least 2 of the sides above us to falter.

Next week, they travel to Barnsley (17th in the form table stat fans), the week after they host Forest. Bradford go into THAT game as the division's MOST in-form home side :ph34r:

In effect, "BCFC" could have a big bearing on whether "BCFC" make the play-offs :w00t:

and play another BCFC next season, nah we'd be torn apart.

After that spawny win they got at Ashton Gate the least those lucky bar stewards could do is win both games 5-0. They owe us.

• Admin

Ian, we aint ready, we won't be in 4 months time. Let's continue the rebuilding, the team spirit etc. have a proper promotion season (oh heck) and build.

The only worrying thing about that is that we have had seasons before where everything looks set for us to "take the league by storm" the following season and something always happens to stop this. I believe that if we have a chance to go up this year we will have to take it and then deal with the problems that arise once we get there.

I agree that ideally we would go up having had a "Reading style season" the year before but if I was offered the prize of winning the play-offs now or risking it on winning League One next season, I'd take the promotion.

I firmly believe that the current manager has the nouse to keep us up next year, even if it's only in 21st place.

I believe we're only a keeper & a striker away from being a side able to compete anyway (and being in the Championship would help us to attract those players) as our form over the second half of this season has shown and if we did go up, we are currently a better side than whoever goes up in the top two places.

If those automatically promoted sides are made up from 2 of Southend, Brentford & ColU, it is quite likely that they would be unable to compete financially anyway and could take up 2 of the relegation positions. We would then only need to perform better than 1 existing CCC side.

Nooooooooooo.

Not bothered about winning it like Reading, interested in our youngsters, we have a young side, gaining promotion through effort, hard work, commitment, team work, and learning.

We'll then be ready to consolidate and build on a mid table finish in the Championship.

Let's walk before we run.

• Admin

Nooooooooooo.

Not bothered about winning it like Reading, interested in our youngsters, we have a young side, gaining promotion through effort, hard work, commitment, team work, and learning.

We'll then be ready to consolidate and build on a mid table finish in the Championship.

Let's walk before we run.

We said that the last time we had a decent crop of youngsters coming through.

We failed to go up and they all for one reason or other left.

Let's go up now and steepen their learning curve instead. Other clubs manage to introduce their youngsters in a higher division. If ours are that good (and 4th place in the Academy league suggests they are) they should be able to cope.

As I alluded to earlier, IF we are to go up through the play-offs this season, our players will have effectively been a "top of the table" side for 30 odd games, plus gone through the pressure situation of a play-off competition. Had we been top for a further 16 games would we be that much more ready?

I agree with Madger that young players improve faster playing against better opposition. Aaron Brown and Tommy Doherty were excellent in the Championship. They both went downhill from great starts when the club did.

The first season would be a real tooth and nail job though and the risk is what effect would relegation have on a young squad? Slower might be safer, and a squad that's been together for a whole successful season rather than one with such big changes would be more solid.

To be perfectly honest though, I just want to get promoted. This season or next will do me fine.

Archived