IGNORED

Bcwfc

Badger

Does that mean they are 2 points off Cardiff now?

I think it's Cardiff played 22 with 49 points, Watford played 22 with 47 points, and BCWFC played 21 with 46 points.

The top-placed side is promoted ( we can't finish above Cardiff ) and the second-placed goes into a play-off with one of the teams from the bottom of the top division!

I think it's Cardiff played 22 with 49 points, Watford played 22 with 47 points, and BCWFC played 21 with 46 points.

The top-placed side is promoted ( we can't finish above Cardiff ) and the second-placed goes into a play-off with one of the teams from the bottom of the top division!

So a win against Langford should see them into a play off against one of the bottom 3/4?

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/PremierLeague/Table/default.htm

They should play one of these games as a double-header with one of the 1st team games. Our local club here Seattle Sounders does that for 4 or 5 games a season, gives quite a boost to the crowd at the womens game (though in truth many people show up for the 2nd half of the womens game and then stay for the men)

Good luck to the women though, I'd be there if I wasn't in the wrong country. :)

The table is Cardiff played 21 (of 22) with 46 points. Watford played all 22 with 47 points. City played 20 with 43 points.

Cardiff's last game is Monday week where they could go to 49 points (with a better goal difference) and win the league. If they don't win, and City win their last two games then City will win the league. City need to win both of their last two games in order to either win the league if Cardiff slip up, or make the play off otherwise. Less than 2 wins wouldn't be good enough.

FYI - Went up to langford today and the girls done good to record a 2-0 victory. There was some heavy tacking and physical play from Langford on a difficult pitch and the City women coped well. They were not at their best as they were against Watford and Pompey, but they did OK and the points are the most important things right?

So, everyone - I would urge you to come along on 30th (Sunday) and watch the return fixture at Almondsbury (City H to Langford) - it is a massive game and they really do appreciate the support.

Oh, and Langford were very lucky to end up with nobody sent off so it could be a good physical battle!

So, everyone - I would urge you to come along on 30th (Sunday) and watch the return fixture at Almondsbury (City H to Langford) - it is a massive game and they really do appreciate the support.

Oh, and Langford were very lucky to end up with nobody sent off so it could be a good physical battle!

I'd like to second that on both accounts. The girls respond well to a bit of cheering & support - please come along.

As Luke said, Langford were very lucky to have all 11 players left come the end. They were a very bullish team that threw their weight about way too much. The ref was a real soft touch & even bottled a decision to give a deserved red card when recommended to do so by the linesman who clearly witnessed the offense.

After making my opinion known to the ref, I was promptly told to "shut up, loose some weight & sort my hair out" by one of Langfords strikers! Losing 4.5 stone in 12 months & reaching my target weight/BMI just isn't enough for some people! :whistle: She may have had a point about my hair though!

It wasn't the greatest game of footy today but the 3 points were deserved. Well done to all of BCWFC who seem to be cloning their male counterparts by continuing to win game after game. Automatic promotion is in the offering though a play-off place may have to be accepted.

:city:

So a win against Langford should see them into a play off against one of the bottom 3/4?

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/PremierLeague/Table/default.htm

Don't hold me to this but I think that their play-off match is against the team that finishes in 9th place (bottom but one). We could really do without that being Sunderland as it's a two leg match (home & away). Would be better if it was Chelsea as a) the travelling distance is better & b) City Women have never lost to them!

Langford.......Thats a small village on the A38 towards Axbridge.

Their doing well to have a womens team is this division ?????????????

They are. Listening to some of the people in the stand it would appear that they are very proud of it and impressed with the professional way in which the club is run.

I dont think Langford is on the A38 near Axbridge though (not this one anyway!). It is a little village in Bedfordshire off the A1.

Archived