IGNORED

Face In The Game

Dan C

Ever wanted your picture in your profile like the players do? Well here is how you do it. I've only done this with photoshop so will give instructions based on using that..

Here is a example of what it will look like.

IPB Image

This file should work on Photoshop CS on PC and has not been tested in earlier versions or on Mac (should be the same I think (hope))

Install Instructions

01 ::: Open Photoshop CS

02 ::: Go to the Actions panel (alt F9)

03 ::: Choose load actions from the popup menu

04 ::: Select the action set you downloaded from here that is attached to this post

Operating Instructions

01 ::: Load your image

02 ::: Using the Rectangular Marquee Tool (M) draw out a perfect square over the area you want to be your picture (hold shift to force a perfect square)

03 ::: Run the action

04 ::: Save

You should now have a picture formatted correctly and ready to be put in the game.

Here is the action you will need if using Photoshop.

http://download.yousendit.com/DA9F6F73105EF43E

Right so now that you have the picture you need to put it in the game.

-- Go to program files/sports interactive/fm 2006/data/graphics/pictures/players/regens and put your picture in there

-- Open config.xml that is already in that directory (make sure to make it writable first; right click, properties, uncheck read only)

-- There should be lots of lines of code in there. Simply add one for yourself in there using your name and day-month of birth.

If you are still lost, then you name the line like this. If your name is Frodo Baggins and your date of birth is the 16th June 1979 and the picture of yourself is called me.jpg then you would add the following like to the config file after one of the current entries...

<record from="me" to="graphics/pictures/person/frodo baggins 16-6/portrait"/>

If you are stuck then I will be hapy to help. If you havn't got Photoshop then I could do it for you if you send me your pic then I will send it back.

Nice tutorial, ive done it before in FM and it looks good :whistle:

I'm in everyone's game!

If you type Alex Pike as a new managers name, you will see my name!

or I may pop up as a regenerated player under the name Alex Pike!

Try it!

Archived