IGNORED

Fortune Turns Down Vale

South_Coast_Red

Yep, Teamtalk are always later than other agencies - apart from rumours.

After the official site, the following is a reasonably reliable link for up to date stuff;

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Bristol+City

News Now is normally my first port of call too. There's been lots of talk about a deal being agreed over the last few days, but this is the first I've seen of him rejecting the move. It makes sense for the player (or his bloody agent) though - if he can save them a few quid in transfer fee, he might be in a stronger position to negotiate a contract.

He's under 24 isn't he? We should offer him a really poor contract extension, then we'll get a bit of money for him when he walks away in the summer.

To get compensation the contract has to be at least as good as the one he's on and it only applies to under 23s not 23 and unders (popularly misquoted in the press).

He's not signing beacause his agent (Sky Andrews surprise surprise) is advising him not too.

Quite why he turned down the move to Preston i'll never know, but he obviously thinks he can do better then the Vale...

This situation reminds me of the lovely Lee Bowyer. He was set to move from Leeds to Liverpool, for £9M, prior to the court action and apocalypse Elland Road, but was told to 'go away' by Houllier, after demanding exhorbatant wages.

He eventually signed for West Ham, for ......................£100,000. :(

Archived