IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

BCFC_Dan

Does anyone know if Liam's loan ends before or after the playoffs?

If we do somehow make it into 6th place we'll definitely need him for the playoffs as our only other option is to play Keogh or hope that Heywood makes a miraculous recovery (I know we'll have Partridge back but I'd rather not see him play and I'm sure GJ thinks the same).

They won't yet cover the play-offs. Standard practice as there's no point signing him for longer than needed.

I'd imagine that we'll just ask and they'll say yes no problem. They don't need him, it'll be better for his development if they still want him, if they don't then they won't care.

Does anyone know if Liam's loan ends before or after the playoffs?

If we do somehow make it into 6th place we'll definitely need him for the playoffs as our only other option is to play Keogh or hope that Heywood makes a miraculous recovery (I know we'll have Partridge back but I'd rather not see him play and I'm sure GJ thinks the same).

If we do make 6th place, and Fontaine isn't available, we'll have to hope that Keogh is up to it, and pray that Heywoods injury keeps him out. Hopefully Johnson will give him a free transfer during the close season. He's not good enough.

If we do make 6th place, and Fontaine isn't available, we'll have to hope that Keogh is up to it, and pray that Heywoods injury keeps him out. Hopefully Johnson will give him a free transfer during the close season. He's not good enough.

Utter madness. He was brought in to do a job (winning balls in the air) and he does exactly that consistently. When fit he's been one of our better players.

Utter madness. He was brought in to do a job (winning balls in the air) and he does exactly that consistently. When fit he's been one of our better players.

No. I think you'll find Heywood is the big bald player in defence!!

You've muddled him up with Brooker!!

No. I think you'll find Heywood is the big bald player in defence!!

You've muddled him up with Brooker!!

I think not. Heywood is a decent enough big centre half at this level, he does exactly what he was brought in to do. Trying to get rid of him on a free would be utterly stupid.

I think not. Heywood is a decent enough big centre half at this level, he does exactly what he was brought in to do. Trying to get rid of him on a free would be utterly stupid.

I have to disagree with you. Heywood is simply not good enough for this division. I would guess that had Fontaine been signed earlier, Heywood wouldn't have got a game all year.

I'm afraid he's another of Tinnions "Magnificent 7" who hasn't the ability to live up to all the pre season hype.

I have to disagree with you. Heywood is simply not good enough for this division. I would guess that had Fontaine been signed earlier, Heywood wouldn't have got a game all year.

I'm afraid he's another of Tinnions "Magnificent 7" who hasn't the ability to live up to all the pre season hype.

I'd agree that Fontaine and Carey is a better partnership and I'm not suggesting that Heywood is superb. But you're suggesting paying up 2 years of Heywood's contract just to get rid of him and that is utterly stupid. Fontaine is far from guaranteed to sign and Heywood is effective in a division that has teams like Brentford. Getting rid of him would be stupid even if Fontaine signs, he's decent cover and does a good enough job.

Heywood was never hyped, he described himself as a head on a stick and that's exactly what he's been. He's plenty good enough for this division, he's been playing in it for 5 years hasn't he?

Does anyone think that we have some sort of transfer clause with him?

If we do, we really should try and sign him. Quality, young player.

Lansdown said he'll spend.....................but saying that, it is Lansdown....... :doh::pray:

Pretty sure his contract is up in the summer so we can get him on a free. Same situation with Adam Green, but I doubt we'll be signing him permanatly.

As long as no other bigger clubs go for Fontaine, he should be a proper City player next year.

That's very unfair in my opinion on big Matt, of course there's better but he does a job within his limitations, Fontaine is a different type of player you need all types in a good squad.

Archived