IGNORED

Phillips And Roberts

openEnd

Did any of you notice Steve Phillips and Christian Roberts having a 'disagreement' in the lining up of the wall? near the end of the game

I went on during the set up and for a while after Luton had taken the free kick.

It got me wondering a few things

Ok the keeper has to take responsibility for the position of the wall and numbers in it but it looked to me (and its only my opinion from my Dolman Stand seat) that Roberts was disagreeing with Phillips' angles

does this suggest

a) grumblings within the squad beginning to surface?

B) a mistrust of Phillips ability to get a goalkeeping fundamental right?

I saw the Peacock Roberts arguement.

Peacock doesn't like playing up front with Roberts. Not sure they really get on at all well. Peacock got well ######y on a couple of occasions - when Roberts took it alone and blasted over the bar and when he didn't put Leapy/Lita through early enough.

I was sat in the williams behind and in line with the free kick.

Christian was helping Phillips by giving him the angle of the wall from the other side.

Much like a caddy does for a putt.

Two professionals helping each other.

Shame that some sad people on here will find any excuse to stir trouble.

I don't quite see how you being sat in the Williams Stand was in the line of the free kick?

It was at the East End end of the ground and was left of goal slightly (the Dolman side) of the area.

And I'd like to clarify Phillips and Roberts were NOT working together they were disagreeing! Phillips came out to Roberts after the free kick and gestured as if to say, MY WALL DO WHAT I SAY

Also Potbelly I resent being called sad, infact if the cap fits

I don't quite see how you being sat in the Williams Stand was in the line of the free kick?

It was at the East End end of the ground and was left of goal slightly (the Dolman side) of the area.

And I'd like to clarify Phillips and Roberts were NOT working together they were disagreeing! Phillips came out to Roberts after the free kick and gestured as if to say, MY WALL DO WHAT I SAY

Also Potbelly I resent being called sad, infact if the cap fits

Who would wanna play up front with Roberts? He is so frustrating. He will try and beat 2 players and either loose it or beat them then smack it over instead of squaring it for an open goal net or passing.

Also how can you manage the East end being in line with a freekick? The east end remember is behind a goal so only the dolman and williams could be in line, fool.

Re read my post before you start the insults

Inline does not equal adjacent

In my understanding 'In the line of' means looking down the line between ball and goalmouth or vice versa (if behind the goal) in the east end in this case

It was slightly left of goal (Dolman Side) 25 yards (ish) out and at the East end

so on this occasion I would guess a small section of the Dolman Stand (blocks A/B maybe) and Some luton fans (I think) would have been IN LINE

Sorry bit late to post this but only got internet access Mon - fri.

Anyway that aside Roberts and Phillips WERE working togeather to line the wall up, this happened a couple of times during the game. with phillips indicating how he wanted the wall and Robbo moving the wall in to position.

I would also like to point out that this must have worked pretty well as 2 out of the 3 free kicks went straight in to the wall.

Archived