IGNORED

Brooker

GJS_Cider_Army

We have relied on Brooker all season, he's played with sooo many different partners. He has a couple of average games and we have had no other striker able to step up to the mark, simple as.

Brooker is a fantastic player but like all players can have quiet games. Today happened to be one of them quiet games for him.

We need someone who if Brooker has a quiet game can make a difference. because Brooker isn't going to do well every games, Isn't going to score every game so we need someone else who can do that.

Cotts looks good for the future and seems to be making a real difference in games now so he could possibly be a partner up front for Brooks. But I feel we still need to bring in two strikers(3 including Big Mac) to provide stiff competition and cover aswell.

Think alot of players were poor today, Orr and Woodmans distribution let them down again and there wasnt much creation from midfield. Too many time Aaron Brown and co ran through our midfield, if swindon had a decent team they would have easily beat us. Disapointing considering will still had an outside chance of the play offs. Our defence didnt look as strong as it has been recently. It was one of Brookers poorer game and romours in the Dolman bar were very strong of him going to Norwich before the game.

Brooker was very poor today. I also thought Cotterial was poor for the first 60 mins as well.

Personally, I thought Woodman was our best player today, though his crossing was poor at times.

Still, plenty to build on for next year.

I'm optimistic.

Brooker is a fantastic player but like all players can have quiet games. Today happened to be one of them quiet games for him.

We need someone who if Brooker has a quiet game can make a difference. because Brooker isn't going to do well every games, Isn't going to score every game so we need someone else who can do that.

Cotts looks good for the future and seems to be making a real difference in games now so he could possibly be a partner up front for Brooks. But I feel we still need to bring in two strikers(3 including Big Mac) to provide stiff competition and cover aswell.

Coddy, were you sat in Dolman Block F, Row Q?

He didn't have the best game but in fairness we did alot more hoofing than usual so he didn't get quality ball in the final third.

McCammon was worse, barely won a header. I was almost relieved to see Bas come on. We need at the bare minimum one decent striker to play alongside Brooker next season, possibly two.

Yes one of those game fo rBrooker today,but without him I reckon we would of gone down,so he fully deserves being voted player of the year ,I still feel we need another striker whocan score 20 plus aseason not esy to find,andI still feel for 300000 Hayter wasthe man in January andwho knows now what his exra goals could of done,now he is signing a new contract for Bournemoouth so its to late now.

So we have to keep Brooker and find another may be Reddy and another midfielder who can tackle I still feel were light wieght in midfield with skuse,noble,wiltshire,russell all being ball players rather than tacklers scott brown does a good jobbut a really fit T doherty would be class alonside all these players,elsewhere probably ok players aregetting better orr and woodman a rock at the back and passing a lot bettter,so at this point things look good for the future

In my opinion - he is going to stay, hes enjoying his football, he seems like he wants to play here and we have just missed out on play off chance of promotion and look very strong for next season - also about today, I just don't think he as given anything to be fair to him and if anyone was poor I think it was his partners but there you go.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Brooker still doesn't look fit to me, and I definetly think he should work on his first touch.

Totally agree with you!!.

He's not 100% fit, lacks a really good striking partner, and his first touch could improve with proper coaching!!.

As to wether or not he'll be with us next season, will make it a long summer with all the transfer speculation.

:dunno:

I think when he was breaking through on goal late on, it showed all the signs of someone who's not 100% fit because of his recent injury, unable to train 100% played in a few games when GJ felt his presence was desperately needed despite not being 100% fit and in trying to get round their last line of defence was totally knackered !

I believe his Contract is till 2008, and he spoke to the fans at the presentation saying he still wants to play here and has no idea where these stories about him going are coming from.

Thoroughly desreved the awards he got from the Supporters Club.

Guest Ron

maybe because he knows he is leaving

In the week manager Gary Johnson quashed speculation linking Steve Brooker with a move away from Ashton Gate at a meeting with supporters.

Steve added: "I'm contracted to the club for two more years and it's all speculation as far as I'm concerned. I'm enjoying my football here, who wouldn't be after winning the Player of the Year award?"

:whistle:

Guest Cary Grant supported City

In the week manager Gary Johnson quashed speculation linking Steve Brooker with a move away from Ashton Gate at a meeting with supporters.

Steve added: "I'm contracted to the club for two more years and it's all speculation as far as I'm concerned. I'm enjoying my football here, who wouldn't be after winning the Player of the Year award?"

Ever player has a price, and IF some other club was desperate for Brooker, and came in with an offer Lansdown could'nt refuse then it would be interesting to see if Brooker refused personal terms and stayed??.

Personally i think that Brooker feels we could go all the way next season, PROMOTION!!.

And playing Championship football with a squad he's happy with, the following season.

He know's he could go up now, and play for say; Norwich, and God forbid, be relegated!!.

Frying pan to fire and all that!!.

Better the Devil you know, Fickle Fans and all that too!!.

Personally, I'd have called this thread 'Brooker - Knackered'.

He looked exhausted throughout the Swindle game, and I can only imagine that the numerous niggling injuries we've been hearing about are taking their toll. He's put a lot of endeavour into the last two seasons and I'd hope that he won't feature at Southend, but will enjoy a deserved rest.

Archived