IGNORED

Penalty Shout

shepton red

Did anyone have a good view of the penalty shout in the last few minutes?? From block b in the Dolman I thought it looked a stonewall penalty, though the ref was well placed. Any views??

Before anyone says, yes I know it is all water under the bridge etc..................just curious.

Did anyone have a good view of the penalty shout in the last few minutes?? From block b in the Dolman I thought it looked a stonewall penalty, though the ref was well placed. Any views??

Before anyone says, yes I know it is all water under the bridge etc..................just curious.

You mean Cotterill? Absolutely blatant dive.

From Williams E Block is was obvious it was a dive. He tried to go past his man, took the ball the wrong way, realised he had done and dived. No way was it a penalty.

Unfortunately it seems to be becomming more and more a part of his game, as ive seen him diving a few times away from home in recent weeks. He really doesnt need to do it as hes got the talent and pace to beat defenders and score. If he starts to get a reputaion for it the chances are referee's wont give us anything when he goes down in the box, even if its stonewall.

Was right infront of me in the ayteo he got pushed in the throad and went down. Should have been a penalty. Definitely not a dive.

:dunno: throad wheres that then :laugh: more of a penalty the other end when some Swinedon guy crossed onto some City guys arm inside the box :w00t::o I.M.H.O

Was right infront of me in the ayteo he got pushed in the throad and went down. Should have been a penalty. Definitely not a dive.

You don't think it had anything to do with him messing up the chance a few seconds beforehand then :whistle:

Jesus Ritch you must have good eye sight, or did you take a telescope!! :w00t:

His run ensured binoculars were not needed; good run into the box, went outside his man, ran into a culdesack, went down. Classic dive.

Either it was a penalty or a booking! If he dived, then book him, if he didnt, then its got to be a penalty!! Am i right or wrong here???

Hense - The inconsistancy of referees in big match scenarios.

A City player did handle the ball in the area very late... It would have been very harsh but they've been given before. It happens.

I laughed in the manner he went to ground. A push to the throat does not result in a fall in the manner he performed.#

shouldnt matter how he fell. if its a foul then its a foul, end off!

cotts didnt help himself by the way he went down, but surely if your fouled then its a free-kick/penalty weather you stay on your feet or roll around in agony for no reason. if its the latter then ref should dtill gie the free-kick, and deal with the player who is acting if he thinks he is making a meal of it!

guaranteed if the defender had done that as cotts was going past him on the by-line, it would have been a free-kick. ref bottled it!!!

Either it was a penalty or a booking! If he dived, then book him, if he didnt, then its got to be a penalty!! Am i right or wrong here???

Wrong - he might have slipped!

It looked to me like a cheeky dive (I was in the Atyeo with a good view) but he might claim he was 'playing for the foul'.

Had it been given and we went into the last game with promotion a possibility, would we vilify him??

shouldnt matter how he fell. if its a foul then its a foul, end off!

It's one of the many flaws in football today, did the players of the Pre-90's football fly around the pitch when they've actually been fouled? No, well, nowhere near to the extent of todays players.

One thing I'd like to state is that I've not said it wasn't a penalty. I've merely stated that he milked it. Footballers don't make it easy for officials by diving... But the way he dived was obvious. Whatever happened to taking your man on etc.

I know EXACTLY how BCFC fans would have reacted if a Swindon midfielder went down like that in the penalty box. Foul or no foul.

Looked like a penalty but he did go down too easily. I'm surprised it's not on the highlights, some of the clips on there are far from the best parts of the game, and there's hardly anything from the frenetic last ten minutes.

Looked a stonewall penalty to me and it isn't on World to review.

What do you think?

sorry ..shocking dive and deserved a booking, imo, had their back at his mercy but didnt take him hence dive.

how about big mac and the one that got away at the end when he toe ended a good opportunity out for a goal kick?

Guest Ron

I think if it was a dive then he is stupid because he was in a great position

He was in a crap position, he took it outside his man and ran into a culdesack, and thus went down.

Archived