IGNORED

Aaron Brown

ziderfarmer

He was MOM yesterday and handled the people who booed very well. I didn't Boo, i mean whats the point, it only gees players up and look what happened he was awesome. If anything his performance represented the missing aspect of our side, an attacking left winger.

I might be slated for not attacking an ex player, but despite his unfavourable departure, which ultimately was down to him, he did an awful lot for the club when he was here and should be respected for that.

As for the goal celebration again further credit to him, he could have thrown it in all the fans faces, but didn't and considering so much rided on that goal for swindon, he behaved very well.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

The thing with Aaron was that during his time at the Gate, the other player's carried him for 88 minutes during a match, but the 'ole donkey would produce a couple of minutes of brilliance that would often turn or win a game, 'ala Grimsby away a couple of seasons ago.

Anyway, no doubt he'll excel in the 'ole 4th division, and help Swindle gain promotion next season.

Good Luck to him in the future,

And his alter-ego at Tamworth!!.

:englandsmile4wf:

Completely counter productive booing him. Whats the point?? MOTM on Saturday and we saw glimpses of what a cracking player he was and is. That left foot is a dangerous weapon. I can see why we were offered all that money for him... who was it? West Brom?? :dunno:

Fair play to him for not booing. He could of gone crazy and really wound us up but he didnt and he went up in my estimation just a bit. Good on him :)

we all know the ability aaron has and i would be delighted if he came back in the summer.

maybe he got a bit carried away when he walked out on us a couple of years ago, but he has the ability to play at a higher lever and i don't understand when small clubs let valuable players get to the point in their contract to just walk away. this should be sorted 6 was prior!

The bloke left us because he thought he was to good for us, yes he played well but how people can say they would have him back is beyond me. start looking foward as a club and not back

Its not that I would have him back at the club, just he showed an example of what we have missed and the type of player we should be looking at over the summer, players like Paul Parry and Kevin Mcleod would fit into that catergory.

I honestly think after the way he was treated on Saturday this would be the last place he would want to go to.

The bloke left us because he thought he was to good for us, yes he played well but how people can say they would have him back is beyond me. start looking foward as a club and not back

how is it looking back???

we need a quality left winger and he is one.

looking back would be if we said 'no, we don't want him cus he walked out on us last time', looking forward would be 'he is a quality player, lets sign him'!!!

Yes i do agree we need someone of his sort on the left wing. A certain Marc Goodfellow might of done the job if given a reasonable crack. I think we need to get a pacy left winger in the summer although jennison is coming through and his thought of very highly so might get his chance. I would also be very interested in Ricky Lambert from Rochdale i think it is, he looks a excellent player.

Did he! Thats why he reacted to some funny chaps in the Atyeo, and then got a push from Evans the goalkeeper. And from what the evil post say he didnt like it at all!

:whistle: Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :whistle:

He scored a goal and ran our defence and midfield into the ground, i call that handling it well. If he was reacting to something being thrown from the ateyo, as he said, then no wonder he reacted.

He scored a goal and ran our defence and midfield into the ground, i call that handling it well. If he was reacting to something being thrown from the ateyo, as he said, then no wonder he reacted.

Nah there was nothing thrown! Just the usual banter, but he took objection! He is still only a league1 player! No better!!!!

Nah there was nothing thrown! Just the usual banter, but he took objection! He is still only a league1 player! No better!!!!

Well, with 11,000 booing at you it is bound to get to you. I know his departure was difficult to say the least, but in no way did I feel the reception he got for 90 minutes was justified. He did nothing wrong when he was here, and gave his all, yet that was all forgotten just to give him a hard time.

Believe me I was cross when he left, but realistically hes moved on, when fit he is capable of playing at a higher level, would have been nice just for fans to remember the good things he did for the club. But maybe thats hoping for too much.

Well, with 11,000 booing at you it is bound to get to you. I know his departure was difficult to say the least, but in no way did I feel the reception he got for 90 minutes was justified. He did nothing wrong when he was here, and gave his all, yet that was all forgotten just to give him a hard time.

Believe me I was cross when he left, but realistically hes moved on, when fit he is capable of playing at a higher level, would have been nice just for fans to remember the good things he did for the club. But maybe thats hoping for too much.

one of my aaron brown memeroble moments was gettingthe ball off phillips just outside the 18yard box sprinting the entire pitch with ball at his feet til he got to the other 18 yard box. crossing a sweet ball for tony thorpe to head home against the gas. 3-1 at the time thank you.

the problem people had with him was he had a broken leg so could have never fully recovered and snubbing a new contract. saying he was better than the players playing at city at the time.

i wouldnt have him back as he is not consistant enough.

Guest Harry Dolman

I always rated Brown & was disappointed when he was left (not to mention shocked, as he found out, it aint easy getting a new contract with a broken leg!!).

Personally though I feel Ashton Gate to often too nice - I don't see any harm in boo-ing an ex player (especially one like Aaron who, with the benefit of hindsight, had hardly benefited himself by going) - throwing things at him was out of order though.

I disagree, it was because of people like you who didnt boo that he had a good game, now if you had boooo'ed it would have put him off!

I was one of his biggest fans when he was with us, i defended him when people said he only has one good game in five and i would still love to see him back. However i still boooooo'ed him because of the way he left. GIT!

I didn't like the way he left at all, Thopre did it pretty much the right way, although some of the things he said were sligtly misguided, he proved to be right, but he said way before his contract was up that he was going to leave.

Brown was a good player, perhaps the most instinctive player i have ever seen, head down he was stunning, the goal for Thorpe againt the gas, he just ran with the ball head down and banged the cross in, it was awesome, but all on instinct. When he had time to think about what he was doing he was often poor, his crossing if he had time and space was dismal half the time, give him no time head down and he could put in a good cross, but give him time to think and he was just not that good.

Before we judge young players who leave City, let's have a look at it from their point of view.

Imagine that you are late teens, early 20's, in a career that will probably be ended by the time you are 35.

You want to make the most of it, with your home club. However, that club is in the third division and you are surrounded by players who are generally unfit, like a drink and pretty complacent . (BCFC was just like that until GJ joined).

If you are serious about making it as a footballer, then you have to find a club where you are not influenced by the negative aspects.

Kevin Amankwaah said that the training regime at Yeovil was significantly better than at City, and this was when Yeovil were in the bottom division and we were top three in our division!!

Why are we surprised when players who only shine briefly during matches for us, play well when they leave? Perhaps they become fitter and more focussed.

Take Woodman and Orr for example under Tinnion and then Johnson. If Tinnion was still here, they would have left under a cloud, been blamed for moving, and probably played well for the rest of the season for someone else.

If I were a young player at City in the past decade, I would have moved on for my own career satisfaction, and therefore I cannot blame Hill, Rosenior, Brown, Asinayah, Amankwaah etc.

Before we judge young players who leave City, let's have a look at it from their point of view.

Imagine that you are late teens, early 20's, in a career that will probably be ended by the time you are 35.

You want to make the most of it, with your home club. However, that club is in the third division and you are surrounded by players who are generally unfit, like a drink and pretty complacent . (BCFC was just like that until GJ joined).

If you are serious about making it as a footballer, then you have to find a club where you are not influenced by the negative aspects.

Kevin Amankwaah said that the training regime at Yeovil was significantly better than at City, and this was when Yeovil were in the bottom division and we were top three in our division!!

Why are we surprised when players who only shine briefly during matches for us, play well when they leave? Perhaps they become fitter and more focussed.

Take Woodman and Orr for example under Tinnion and then Johnson. If Tinnion was still here, they would have left under a cloud, been blamed for moving, and probably played well for the rest of the season for someone else.

If I were a young player at City in the past decade, I would have moved on for my own career satisfaction, and therefore I cannot blame Hill, Rosenior, Brown, Asinayah, Amankwaah etc.

matt hill signed a new contract with a clause in it. he thought about the club. we knew he wanted to move on but he made sure we got money for developing him.

the comments regarding moremoneyand career well. i didnt exactly happen for him. also where is the loyalty gone. as long as i had a decent wage i would be complaining.

if i thought i was that good which aaron clealy thought he was why didnt he do what tinnion has been trying to do and that has been trying to take the club up. brian sometimes and did docs try to gap the game by the scruff of the neck and win the game by themselves when others didnt perform. aaron brown never.

Archived