IGNORED

A Nice Gesture....

RED4LIFE

I thought it was nice, and slightly unexpected of the Williams and Atyeo to give Ian Jenkins a round of applause, after going off with concussion during the match.( I was in the Atyeo and if the Dolman did I'm sorry I didnt notice, but some probably did)

I didnt see the challenge but I was close enough to see he looked pretty much out cold, and I was relieved to see him get to his feet, especially considering they called the club doctor to the pitch.

I saw a lot of Swindon fans applauding when he went off, and I would like to think a few of them appreciated the applause from the city fans.

It may have been a local derby, but a players health is above that, I believe.

I thought it was nice, and slightly unexpected of the Williams and Atyeo to give Ian Jenkins a round of applause, after going off with concussion during the match.

I didnt see the challenge but I was close enough to see he looked pretty much out cold, and I was relieved to see him get to his feet, especially considering they called the club doctor to the pitch.

I saw a lot of Swindon fans applauding when he went off, and I would like to think a few of them appreciated the applause from the city fans.

Yeh, I was very impressed.

Evidence that whilst we fans like to gloat at rivals' misfortune, we're not the savages some people on here make out.

Yes indeed, I was pleased to see it to.

On the flip side there are the daft idiots who loudly assert he is time wasting, despite the fact the goalkeeper has just rushed over and put him in the recovery postion.

Get some glasses or, if your eyes are in good working condition, shut the ###### up you stupid ######!

{Pardon my language}

Steve jenkins did want to go back on the pitch but as he was right in front of me it was obvious he had no idea what was goin on. The doctor had to restrain him even though he could not stand up without toppling over. Clearly concussed.

Congratulations to the city fans who clapped him as he was obviously injured and its never nice to see injuries like that.

Should of just rolled him off the pitch and on we go....

I'm with you, we needed to get a winner! Roll him off and get on with it for god sake.

It doesn't suprise me any longer down the gate with regards to clapping the opposition. We get beaten and kicked all over the park and we have fans who clap teams off.

I thought it was nice, and slightly unexpected of the Williams and Atyeo to give Ian Jenkins a round of applause, after going off with concussion during the match.( I was in the Atyeo and if the Dolman did I'm sorry I didnt notice, but some probably did)

I well remember a time when it happened to one of our players. It was at Twerton in that title decider many years ago, and I could only get a ticket for their end. Anyway midway through the second half, John Bailey went down under a very similar challenge to the one on Jenkins, and it was obvious that he was in serious trouble. The gasheads around me were baying for blood, but Bailey was in a very bad way, and had actually swallowed his tongue, laying totally still for several minutes. Eventually the medical team brought him round, but I can honestly say that it was one of the scariest things I have ever witnessed on a football field.

I'm with you, we needed to get a winner! Roll him off and get on with it for god sake.

It doesn't suprise me any longer down the gate with regards to clapping the opposition. We get beaten and kicked all over the park and we have fans who clap teams off.

This might seem a bit, I don't know, far out and wacky, but if a team totally outplays us, and deserves our respect, then I'll clap them off. I'm not clapping out of joy for their result, I'm clapping out of recognition for their good performance. I don't boo City off either, but some people do that at half time at The Gate.

I clapped Jenkins because he wanted to get back on, and didn't time waste. He looked in real trouble but he didn't care, he knew what was riding on the game for them, and wanted to get straight back on. If he was one of ours we'd be proud of his passion.

On the other hand, Donovan Ricketts at our place at the end of our shocking run, did exactly the same as Jenkins but wasn't injured at all. H got up, turned round to the Atyeo and flashed his pearly whites and laughed. That idiot deserved a smack in his coupon for cheating.

Theres a difference.

Archived