IGNORED

Omg - Look What They've Done To The Pitch!

RedM

I don't quite understand...

"Work on the Ashton Gate pitch actually started yesterday with the turf being removed and tractors being brought in to begin re-seeding work."

Turf is removed and then reseeding work begins?

So they reseed before the concerts? Why bother taking up the turf then?

:blink:

Anyway, they've done it before so I'm sure it'll be up to scratch for next season.

I'm absolutely disgusted. This just highlights the incomptence of the board. When we are 13-0 up next weekend Gary will have to tell the players to pass the ball around in their own half or score an own goal to avoid reaching the play offs.

This just tells me that the board never wished for promotion this season.

THE TRUTH IS OUT

Could they install a few sun loungers and a temporary swimming pool with a wave machine so that all of us who cant afford a summer holiday can pop down there for a trip to the seaside? :dance:

Ice cream anyone???

You had a holiday not so long back

showing off your sun tan whilst the rest of us

were walking around freezing our nuts off

You had a holiday not so long back :cool:

showing off your sun tan whilst the rest of us

were walking around freezing our nuts off

I Was working!!!!! :@

(is it my fault if my job means I get dragged off to foreign countries, and anyway me tan is all gone)

Guest MaloneFM

4 days ago they were begging us not to go on the pitch. Now young Jethro there is revving his bloody Tonka toy all over it.

Next end of season if HE can do it.....

This blooming ridiculous. Imagine trying to find a parking spot on the Downs on a Saturday.

The club haven't thought this through at all :@

Good point TMIB, as moving the fixture to the Downs would require all seater speactator facilities, and if they haven't thought about the pitch, then you can bet your bottom dollar that noone has thought about temporary seating for 20,000. The only solution is parking the cars around the pitch and everyone bringing along Granny's picnic chairs and tables along with camping gaz , flasks of tea , sandwiches, sausage rolls and jam sponge ( well, if they forgot the pitch and seating then there is no way anyone has thought of the catering arrangements!)

I just remembered the play of semi's will be night games so there is the question of floodlighting as well but I think we would have to make do with car headlights. A couple of linesmen from each set of supporters ( so someone better remember to pack their boots just in case)and jumpers for goalposts and Bob's your Uncle - play offs here we come!

Has anyone got a regulation ball we can use and the first team kits still at the dry cleaners?

Sounds like Rovers arrangements for every home match at the Mem.

I hope someone reminded the Millenium Stadium Groundsman that Wembley isn't ready yet, as I hear that he's just planted a few rows of spring veg along the half way line and a crop of new potatoes in each penalty area so it's probably just as well that we won't get 14 on saturday!

And if it was an evening kick off wouldnt we all get accused of being perverts for loitering about on the downs in the dark? :ph34r:

I don't mind offering to let the boys change in my car though, or even my flat as I'm within about 5 minutes of the downs.

Maybe I'm getting carried away now.......

The only solution is parking the cars around the pitch and everyone bringing along Granny's picnic chairs and tables along with camping gaz , flasks of tea , sandwiches, sausage rolls and jam sponge ( well, if they forgot the pitch and seating then there is no way anyone has thought of the catering arrangements!)

Would this be the director's box then?

IPB Image

Imagine the walk to the toilets at half-time... I would go in the bushes but I've heard that there are loiterers up the Downs at night... "honestly officer, I was just going to the toilet, that's why it was out"

I like the look of the williams stand now from that second pic down! Terracing again at Ashton Gate, leave it as it is guys! :englandsmile4wf:

that was me mums ronan queerting concert seat the torn out :rofl2br:

Apparently, contingency plans have already been made with a provisional booking of pitch 32 on the Downs.

me mate plays football up the downs, have to sneak him in the lineup with a city shirt on :sport19:

Someone I know who has been involved in parts of the organising says only 6,000 have been sold IPB Image

Is that including season ticket holders though?

Archived