IGNORED

Letter To Steve Lansdown

Meh

This is not about just standing it runs deeper than this it's about attitudes and respect. The club is making it quite clear that they do not care about vocal support, it is not that important, it does not pay enough to get in.The choice here is fit in with BCFC's idea of a modern club or get out.

Indeed, Wurzel City is quite correct in that many of us obviously do not fit in with BCFC's idea of a modern club. This club has been allowed to become a rich man's plaything rather than a club that can once again seriously challenge and beat the best football clubs in England. The hierarchy at this club has now declared war on some of its most loyal and vocal supporters. :(

So, to be clear Neo, you are saying "we're acting wrong just like other parts of the ground and, na na na nah, it's soooooooooo unfair."

What exactly do you want SteveL to do? Do you want him to treat the Atyeo/away fans with the same approach as Dolman Block G? Or do you want everyone throughout the ground to be able to stand up and act "'ard"?

It wasn't clear from your letter.

It was quite clear.

Stop victimising a whole block of people who want to support the side cos of a few idiots who want to stir trouble.

It was quite clear.

Stop victimising a whole block of people who want to support the side cos of a few idiots who want to stir trouble.

To true. b.t.t.t :chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

It was quite clear.

I still think your purpose isn't clear. You mentioned some areas of the ground that have people standing up but don't get the same treatment as Block G. You referred to Atyeo Block H. Whilst Block H has some boisterous and leery individuals I think it would be unfair to say there are "idiots who want to stir trouble". Although I don't sit in the Williams regularly I expect that the people in there cannot get out of their zimmer frames quickly enough to cause trouble.

So, perhaps you get the over the top stewarding because of "a few idiots". Surely the fault is with the idiots, not the stewards. For this reason, why don't you consider moving to a different part of the ground?

So, to be clear Neo, you are saying "we're acting wrong just like other parts of the ground and, na na na nah, it's soooooooooo unfair."

What exactly do you want SteveL to do? Do you want him to treat the Atyeo/away fans with the same approach as Dolman Block G? Or do you want everyone throughout the ground to be able to stand up and act "'ard"?

It wasn't clear from your letter.

you have an attitude problem. to look 'ard when standng up? righto . . .

I still think your purpose isn't clear. You mentioned some areas of the ground that have people standing up but don't get the same treatment as Block G. You referred to Atyeo Block H. Whilst Block H has some boisterous and leery individuals I think it would be unfair to say there are "idiots who want to stir trouble". Although I don't sit in the Williams regularly I expect that the people in there cannot get out of their zimmer frames quickly enough to cause trouble.

So, perhaps you get the over the top stewarding because of "a few idiots". Surely the fault is with the idiots, not the stewards. For this reason, why don't you consider moving to a different part of the ground?

If you ask around the behaviour of a few in the Atyeo particulary at the Dolman end of the stand has been as poor as anywhere else in the ground.But as this stand houses the family type fans the club would like to court they will not be subjected to the same totally unwarranted treatment being dished out to those sitting in the Dolman G block.

The fault is with the club who are choosing the path they want the support to follow and as for moving i think you will find that many in the G block were formerly in the E block of the Williams or the East End.The support of City has changed but is still made up of a sizeable chunk of fans who consider themselves working class and the club seem incapable of understanding what some of it's support want from an afternoon at the Gate.

I didn't say anybody in the Atyeo was idiots, I was referring to them persistently standing without being approached by stewards (as i'm sure you are aware, but, you seem to want to misinterpret everything).

As for the idiots, yes, the fault is with them, but, the stewards should eject them and treat the remaining hundreds of loyal, good natured customers in the same way as they treat the other thousands in other Dolman blocks and around the rest of the ground.

But they don't, they are treating all of Block G as trouble-makers and dealing with everybody in an aggresive, intimidatary way.

Is that clear or do you want to twist anything else?

I didn't say anybody in the Atyeo was idiots, I was referring to them persistently standing without being approached by stewards (as i'm sure you are aware, but, you seem to want to misinterpret everything).

As for the idiots, yes, the fault is with them, but, the stewards should eject them and treat the remaining hundreds of loyal, good natured customers in the same way as they treat the other thousands in other Dolman blocks and around the rest of the ground.

But they don't, they are treating all of Block G as trouble-makers and dealing with everybody in an aggresive, intimidatary way.

Is that clear or do you want to twist anything else?

Neo,

With respect, I think you are guilty of misinterpretation. I wasn't for a moment suggesting that you were saying that Atyeo (or elsewhere) contained idiots.

What I was saying (maybe cack-handedly) was that the areas such as Atyeo Block H that you referred to had people standing up AND was NOT full of idiots.

Whereas Dolman Block G had people standing up AND some idiots. You brought up the issue of victimisation in your letter. I suggest that the club is ONLY picking on Dolman Block G because it is different from other parts of the ground (i.e. there are a few who want to cause trouble). This is not victimisation, it is sensible stewarding.

I agree with your final two paragraphs. The club should not brand everyone in Block G as hooligans. But how do you propose that the club deals with the idiots without impacting on you and your colleagues. I have suggested one approach. YOU move to a different part of the ground.

Archived