IGNORED

Anyone Know How Far The Station Is From The Ground?

GeoTheCiderHead

The closest station to the ground is Prittlewell, about a five minute walk away. It is served by trains from London Liverpool Street. As you exit the station turn right, you will then come to a crossroads with traffic lights. On your right is the 'Fish House', fish and chip shop. Pass this and turn right. Walk about 100 yards and the ground is tucked away on your left.

This comes from an excellent site:

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

Guest chipper

I think you will find that the nearest station is Southend East not Prittlewell, Southend East is is under a mile from Roots Hall. Its on the Liverpool St line.

Guest chipper

Have just checked with my other half who says that Roots Hall is roughly between Prittlewell and Southend East so Prittlewell will be first station you reach. If you happen to miss Prittlewell you can still walk from Southend East.

There are pubs very close to ground (towards A127 ). Golden Fleece and Spread Eagle( may not alllow away supporters.)

Town centre is 10 - 15 minute walk away and has loads of pubs/bars. Seafront has loads too but it is a long walk from ground. If you want to go to town get off at southend east and ask directions to town. The town centre is more accessible from Fenchurch line.

I am not a Southend supporter. Lived there for 7 years ! Husband has mild interest in Southend Utd as he lived there over 30 years but is now City fan. All 3 kids City fans too eventhough they are true 'Saffenders'!

Guest we nearly blue it

I think you will find that the nearest station is Southend East not Prittlewell, Southend East is is under a mile from Roots Hall. Its on the Liverpool St line.

:doh: Sorry mate but your way out. Southend East is the FURTHEST station from the ground. Get off there and your about 5 miles from Roots Hall. Prittlewell is the closest (about 5 minutes walk) the southend Victoria (about 10 minutes walk) they are both on the liverpool street line.

Hi,

Right, Prittlewell is a 5 minute walk form the ground. You need to leave London from Liverpool Street. There is large pub opposite Prittlewell called the RAILWAY.

If you are coming from FENCHURCH STREET, you need SOUTHEND CENTRAL, which is as the name suggests is in the centre of town. Its about a 15 min walk to the ground.

The GOLDEN LION normally caters for away fans. It is the nearest pub to the ground. Don't confuse it with the SPREAD EAGLE, which is the home pub (although away fans are normally welcome there too).

If you are driving....... ha ha parking is an utter bar steward unless you do what Tom F did and ask to park on my driveway.

Enjoy our promotion party. Wont tempt fate by mentioning the "C" word.

Archived