IGNORED

Keith Millen

glastonred

Ever since he joined the coaching staff, Keith Millen has been slagged off. When Tins left he got a hell of a lot of flak, with people saying he was useless, and GJ should bring in somebody else.

In Johnson's early days with the club he often said that getting the players' fitness levels up was paramount to getting us where we want to be. Since then City have been a different team from those "dark days". Surely Millen deserves a lot of the credit for that; after all he works with the players day in, day out. In his recent interview on BCWorld, Johnson says Millen has been excellent. So why don't people get off his back, acknowledge his role in our 'renaissance', and give him the support he undoubtedly deserves?

Ever since he joined the coaching staff, Keith Millen has been slagged off. When Tins left he got a hell of a lot of flak, with people saying he was useless, and GJ should bring in somebody else.

In Johnson's early days with the club he often said that getting the players' fitness levels up was paramount to getting us where we want to be. Since then City have been a different team from those "dark days". Surely Millen deserves a lot of the credit for that; after all he works with the players day in, day out. In his recent interview on BCWorld, Johnson says Millen has been excellent. So why don't people get off his back, acknowledge his role in our 'renaissance', and give him the support he undoubtedly deserves?

To be honest I havent heard a bad word said anout Millen on these forums for months so really cant see your point

More complex than you suggest.That he has benefitted or perhaps more accurately improved under G.J,'s tutorage is probably correct, Do remember though that as a No.2 his career to-date has been spent more with B.T. than G.J. Remember also that in B.T.'s tenure defensive frailties were the major factor in not quite making the play-off's last season,it was generally considered that this side of the teams operation was more under Millen's control & influence than Tinnion's.

Millen was not of course Tinnion's appointment,had Tinnion been strong enough,wise enough or whatever from Day 1 and demanded control over who would be his right-hand man then I've a feeling he would still be with us today and that we would have secured promotion.Millen really was tremendously fortunate in several ways,he already had an association with G.J., G.J. was not able to bring his existing management team with him,and as I repeat he was'nt Tinnion's real confidant or soul mate

their relationship just was not akin to what you see elsewhere where invariably when one goes so does others of the management team.Therefore he was able to switch his allegiance fairly easily.

Quite Millen's level of skills,capabilities or whatever are who knows but compared to most he seems a little fortunate in the game of musical chairs otherwise known as football management.Next time around though whatever the future holds for G.J. one suspects Millen will be part of it too.

More complex than you suggest.That he has benefitted or perhaps more accurately improved under G.J,'s tutorage is probably correct, Do remember though that as a No.2 his career to-date has been spent more with B.T. than G.J. Remember also that in B.T.'s tenure defensive frailties were the major factor in not quite making the play-off's last season,it was generally considered that this side of the teams operation was more under Millen's control & influence than Tinnion's.

Millen was not of course Tinnion's appointment,had Tinnion been strong enough,wise enough or whatever from Day 1 and demanded control over who would be his right-hand man then I've a feeling he would still be with us today and that we would have secured promotion.Millen really was tremendously fortunate in several ways,he already had an association with G.J., G.J. was not able to bring his existing management team with him,and as I repeat he was'nt Tinnion's real confidant or soul mate

their relationship just was not akin to what you see elsewhere where invariably when one goes so does others of the management team.Therefore he was able to switch his allegiance fairly easily.

Quite Millen's level of skills,capabilities or whatever are who knows but compared to most he seems a little fortunate in the game of musical chairs otherwise known as football management.Next time around though whatever the future holds for G.J. one suspects Millen will be part of it too.

There was no game of musical chairs at Ashton Gate. The only member of staff to get the sack was Tinnion. I agree that is very unusual given that most chairmen clear the decks in the circumstances we found ourself in and makes me wonder about Tinnion himself. As for Tinnion being with us today and getting us promotion that is pure conjecture and guesswork and I saw nothing myself to suggest that he would have achieved that unless a more experienced number 2 was effectively pulling the strings himself and actually being the number 1 - for all we know he may have also brought in someone ten times worse than Millen who throughout Tinnion's reign seemed to be the one who had the respect of the players.

Strange because I rather had Keith Millen's allegiance down as towards Bristol City FC?

:dance: difference is that Millen is now with an experienced manager, with Tinman it was 2 rookies together. He has a lot of FA badges and will no doubt improve under GJ.

Archived