IGNORED

The New Big Brother Series

Dollymarie

"Big Brother" is trying to find its very own Charlie Bucket, hiding golden tickets in KitKat bars that will win the finder entry to the hit reality TV show's house.

It is the first time a member of the public will be chosen at random to participate in the programme, which generates big TV audiences and tabloid headlines for contestants. There will be 100 golden tickets placed in KitKat bars distributed to 40,000 retail outlets starting at 10:30 p.m. on May 18, Channel 4 said on Friday. The competition ends on June 2 at 10:20 p.m.

The winners, following thorough background checks, will be invited to a live TV broadcast where one of them will be chosen at random to enter the "Big Brother 7" house. "We are always looking at new ways of trying to find brilliant housemates and the golden ticket feels like a genuinely exciting way to do so," said Angela Jain, Channel 4's commissioning editor for "Big Brother"

So then will anyone be off to buy up the shops entire stock of Kitkats?

Personally I think its a great idea to get a housemate in this way, and it will be interesting to see the results of it.

Personally I despise the programme. Would it be unacceptable of me to hope that a suicide bomber gets the golden ticket and finds his way in?

Certainly not, I think that is a fine idea. Well done !

Well it would definitely give the show even more press.

Its one of those shows thats so bad its good and you cant help but watch it, just to see how low some people will sink and how sad and pathetic they are. I havent enjoyed watching the last couple of series as I did the orignal ones, mainly because to start with they werent trying to be anyone or make themselves famous, and now they're a bunch of wannabes.

However I will still end up watching it to see how it goes in the first couple of weeks.

Well they had that Iranian nutter a few years back the one who smashed up loads of plates does that count? :blink:

I think you mean Ahmed - he is a Somalian - one of the funniest housemates.

Remember the time when he wouldn't take orders from "Sergeant" Michelle who then proceeded to tear into him for ruining the task . The effect of this rollocking was made all the more bizarre by the fact that she was stood there totally topless right in Ahmed's eye-line. He must have thought "what a great reward" for disobeying orders.

I think you mean Ahmed - he is a Somalian - one of the funniest housemates.

Remember the time when he wouldn't take orders from "Sergeant" Michelle who then proceeded to tear into him for ruining the task . The effect of this rollocking was made all the more bizarre by the fact that she was stood there totally topless right in Ahmed's eye-line. He must have thought "what a great reward" for disobeying orders.

YEah thats the one couldnt remember his exact location of birth so guessed :)

The house has definitely got more entertaining over the years so this years should be good. They have made the house non-smoking so if there are any smokers out there who have been picked I'm sure they will be on the patches by now!

ALso the show has a record number of housemates 18! and over 13 weeks so lots of time for people to moan on here about the show :D

Can't think of anywhere I'd rather not be than in that house. What sort of freak wants to be gawped at by the masses night after night?

Having said that I'll probably be hooked like every previous year.

I'd go in just for the money. Trev could poke his head over the fence for a chin-wag.

"Big Brother" is trying to find its very own Charlie Bucket, hiding golden tickets in KitKat bars that will win the finder entry to the hit reality TV show's house.

It is the first time a member of the public will be chosen at random to participate in the programme, which generates big TV audiences and tabloid headlines for contestants. There will be 100 golden tickets placed in KitKat bars distributed to 40,000 retail outlets starting at 10:30 p.m. on May 18, Channel 4 said on Friday. The competition ends on June 2 at 10:20 p.m.

The winners, following thorough background checks, will be invited to a live TV broadcast where one of them will be chosen at random to enter the "Big Brother 7" house. "We are always looking at new ways of trying to find brilliant housemates and the golden ticket feels like a genuinely exciting way to do so," said Angela Jain, Channel 4's commissioning editor for "Big Brother"

So then will anyone be off to buy up the shops entire stock of Kitkats?

Personally I think its a great idea to get a housemate in this way, and it will be interesting to see the results of it.

Excellent idea. I'll make a mint on e-bay if I find one...

I too despise the phenomenon Dagest. Can be a bit of a grumpy one mind you.

My brother loves it though and the one charater that he's drawn to my attention that I've actually liked was that Spencer.

If I were in there I'd sit there like him not really giving a #####, I'd say ''you're all weirdos man, sort it out''.

I'd probably be the first to be voted out for not degrading myself for publicity's sake but I'd also have an attempt at charming the nation into an 'Open The East End' outcry. My life mission would therefore be complete.

My brother loves it though and the one charater that he's drawn to my attention that I've actually liked was that Spencer.

That's Balamory mate. Personally, I prefer Josie Jump. I haven't got any time for that girl in the wheelchair though, she's so conceited.

That's Balamory mate. Personally, I prefer Josie Jump. I haven't got any time for that girl in the wheelchair though, she's so conceited.

Can't really constructively comment further. ''I liked Spencer, you know, the one that used to just sit there smoking rollies'' is my set statement whenever the topic is raised, that along with ''it's all a pile of wanc'' ofcourse.

Can't really constructively comment further. ''I liked Spencer, you know, the one that used to just sit there smoking rollies'' is my set statement whenever the topic is raised, that along with ''it's all a pile of wanc'' ofcourse.

Come now, if Trev turns up on Big Brother (and I know for a fact he applied) are you teling that you wouldn't be glued to it??!

Come now, if Trev turns up on Big Brother (and I know for a fact he applied) are you teling that you wouldn't be glued to it??!

Ah, now that would be different. That I have to say would be genuine entertainment. It would mess the odd's on the favorate up though and the bookies would get the hump. Trev would just laugh at them I'm sure, maybe even pull a mooner at them knowing that cheeky rascal.

Personally I despise the programme. Would it be unacceptable of me to hope that a suicide bomber gets the golden ticket and finds his way in?

That might make me watch Big Brother. Once.

Kit kats are about the only chocolate I eat. If I get a golden ticket it's going on ebay so some poor rich sap can pay me lots of money for the opportunity to look like a tool on national TV.

That might make me watch Big Brother. Once.

Kit kats are about the only chocolate I eat. If I get a golden ticket it's going on ebay so some poor rich sap can pay me lots of money for the opportunity to look like a tool on national TV.

i got a walk on part in ground force once because someone said i look like a tool.

Archived