IGNORED

Partridge Transfer Listed

Red Cloud

he could be very difficult to get rid of, 2 years left on his contract, bound to be on high wages & impending court case over his head!

Don't think he exactly set the world alight at the Dons either!

My thoughts exactly from the 'we'll see if he attracts any interest' quote.

Could be that we are lumbered with him, don't really need him either. A costly mistake, not helped by himself (how can that be the clubs fault,) maybe there's a way out yet...court cases are due soon aren't they, I thought it was May sometime?

If not he may get the GJ treatment and be turned into a Johnson player?!

Given how hard it's going to be to shift him I'd think it likely that GJ tried this before he sent him out on loan.

I think we have to think why players are usually sent out on loan.

a). youngsters, to gain more experience.

b). Players recovering from injury, to get some games under their belts.

c). Because a player doesn't fit into the managers plans/ surplus to requirements/ saving on wages.

Although he may have been in 'b' I think it was more a case of 'c'.

I think we were hoping Partridge would be a huge success, keep MK Dons up, hailed as a hero and they would snap him up. :(

Guest Harry Dolman

It was a panic buy immediatlely after mcClougin (spelling?) ditched us for Shef Wed at the last minute!

This bloke is a complete liability & will cost us dear!

Spot on. Whilst in flashes (1st few games under Johnson) Partridge looked decent, in truth a shocking return for our money. I stuggled to see his strong point - not Heywood dominant in the air, not Fontaine quick & not in possession of Careys positional sense. However he did have/does have a knack of making horrendous erros (volley ball @ Bournemouth ??, jumping under the ball at home to Vale).

Not sure of the legalities but, depending on the outcome of the court case, you could argue that Partridge has shown gross misconduct and terminate his contract. The club would have to swallow the transfer fee but would save on wages.

Of course, in the real world you could probably take the club to an employment tribunal if this approach was not applied to the others involved. However, since when has football bothered itself with real life?

Not sure of the legalities but, depending on the outcome of the court case, you could argue that Partridge has shown gross misconduct and terminate his contract. The club would have to swallow the transfer fee but would save on wages.

Of course, in the real world you could probably take the club to an employment tribunal if this approach was not applied to the others involved. However, since when has football bothered itself with real life?

His Charge is considerably worse than the others involved.

• Admin

It would depend on the outcome, if it were to be a guilty verdict and a custodial sentence for any of them, I believe that their contracts can be terminated, as they can't fulfil their side of it.

Archived