IGNORED

Chris Garland To Re-sign

M_Porter

He is in frenchay to have an electronic switch thingy added to his brain to help him with his Parkenson's disease.

Just said on the news that if all go well he wants to re-sign for us :)

Well we need someone to fill bas's shoes :laugh:

In all seriousness though

Hope all works out Chris and get well soon :)

He is in frenchay to have an electronic switch thingy added to his brain to help him with his Parkenson's disease.

Just said on the news that if all go well he wants to re-sign for us :)

Well we need someone to fill bas's shoes :laugh:

In all seriousness though

Hope all works out Chris and get well soon :)

HA HA HA..........not funny

HA HA HA..........not funny

Its not ment to be funny and it has just been on the htv news.

Chris is in frenchay having an opperation which is being tested there.

And he did indeed on the same news state he wanted to re sign if all went well (obviously worried about the op)

i suggest you join me in wishing him well

And i take offence to you thinking I'm having a laugh !

Its not ment to be funny and it has just been on the htv news.

Chris is in frenchay having an opperation which is being tested there.

And he did indeed on the same news state he wanted to re sign if all went well (obviously worried about the op)

i suggest you join me in wishing him well

And i take offence to you thinking I'm having a laugh !

I wouldn't worry. I totally got what you were saying. I'm amazed that anybody thought you were having a laugh. Infact I could see the funny side.

I would like to pass on my best wishes to Mr Garland..A true Legend!!!!

I wouldn't worry. I totally got what you were saying. I'm amazed that anybody thought you were having a laugh. Infact I could see the funny side.

I would like to pass on my best wishes to Mr Garland..A true Legend!!!!

So, is it meant to be funny or not?

Ljpworld, I've re-read your post as requested. You say it wasn't meant to be funny, but the use of :laugh: implies that it was.

I actually didn't think you were attacking Garland, but it was the Savage jibe(?) by which you implied he played like someone who suffers with Parkinsons, which I didn't find funny. Perhaps, I have misinterpreted that; it's hard to tell on here.

:dunno:

So, is it meant to be funny or not?

Ljpworld, I've re-read your post as requested. You say it wasn't meant to be funny, but the use of :laugh: implies that it was.

I actually didn't think you were attacking Garland, but it was the Savage jibe(?) by which you implied he played like someone who suffers with Parkinsons, which I didn't find funny. Perhaps, I have misinterpreted that; it's hard to tell on here.

:dunno:

Ah i see :( no what was ment by the mention of bas is that we have room for Chris NOT that bas played like a parkenson sufferer.

my appolagies if it comes accross like that !

Ah i see :( no what was ment by the mention of bas is that we have room for Chris NOT that bas played like a parkenson sufferer.

my appolagies if it comes accross like that !

Don't worry about it mate. I understand what you mean now. Perhaps I've become too cynical on here and see insults in every post.

Anyway, I wish him (and Bas actually) well too.

Chris Garland was my first Bristol City HERO when I was a kid. I desperately hope he makes a full recovery and comes down and visits us many more times at the Gate. In fact I REALLY hope Chris gets the opportunity to watch Bristol City in the Premiership at some point in his lifetime. He'll f king love it!

ljpworld your post was fine, don't listen to em, I knew what you meant.

Chris Garlands goals against liverpool in the last 'home' game of the 77 season kept us in the top flight of English Football....

At the following match at Coventry Chris was still trying to get us a winner when everybody else realized the job was done (Thanks Jimmy Hill)

One of our greatest ever players...Nobody should ever forget it...Good Luck Boy :city:

If all goes well and I hope it does, I think the club should get Chris Garland on the pitch for the first day of the season so we can all give him and others like him our support, he was a legend and always will be younger fans need to know about players of his ilk and us older ones Iam sure would be delighted to see Chris on the AG turf again.

I lost my Mum to Parkinsons almost 3 years ago, and wouldn't want anyone to suffer like she did. So if there is any hope that Chris Garland can gain a better quality of life then he must go for it. I hope it all goes well and would like to see him at the Gate again soon.

Thanks for the update.

Apart from being a legend at City he did really well at Chelsea in their team of stars. I remeber a League Cup Semi Final where he scored I think against Spurs to get them into a Wembley final.

Good luck Chris hope all goes well :pray:

I can still remember those goals against spurs,both cracking goals.Interesting to note that the long strike was with his left foot.Chelsea never quite lived up to expectation in the final and lost to Stoke I-0, I do recall tough that Chris got 7 out of 10 in the newspaper ratings.Such an honest ,brave,hard working player the likes of Osgood,Worthington,& Royle loved playing with him.Before them of course John Galley was such a good role model in helping him develop his game.

One of our clubs greatest disappointments was that Dick's planned pairing with Cheeseley was thwarted by injury.

Archived