IGNORED

E-lectric Atmosphere

mozo

Williams E block is getting a lot of support as the new stand for noisy fans. With cheap season tickets still available and the majority of seats still free, many fans are keen to choose this over the alternatives such as Dolman A Block.

Has anyone sat there before? Good view? Atmos? Pros/cons?

(Don't forget to use your vote on the poll!)

Two Seasons ago was probably the best season I've had watching City. In E Block the atmosphere was brillaint, Everton in the Cup and LDV competitions come to mind.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeee's A Whoare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the club made everyone move becasue that was where the away fans were going to be sat. And we all know what happened there. :ph34r:

Seats or benches are shocking but the view is surprsingly good. :)

I didn't go there in the season that the subbers took over that area but i have been there for one-offs like a Cardiff game i mentioned in an earlier post.

I have included a couple of pros in the poll i started up.

Like i said in the Poll thread we need to also start asking to those who don't fall into the majority catergory after the poll has been going for a few days whether or not they will be prepared to join the consensus??

So to those who have stated they would prefer to sit in the A Block Dolman, if the Poll proves a vast majority want to sit in the E Block Williams, will YOU be prepared to join us?

Williams E block is getting a lot of support as the new stand for noisy fans. With cheap season tickets still available and the majority of seats still free, many fans are keen to choose this over the alternatives such as Dolman A Block.

Has anyone sat there before? Good view? Atmos? Pros/cons?

(Don't forget to use your vote on the poll!)

Used to love sitting in there. Although the poles do your head in sometimes

Although the result did nothing to help, the atmosphere up there for Sheffield Wednesday was immense, along with the Everton game the equaliser against them was one of the highlights of the season.

I think it's just the one pillar and it's not too hard to adjust too. Other than that it is a good view.

If numbers were to swell it would be good to have vocalests in the bottom half as well, obviously the overview of the game isn't as clear but there are no pillars :) . I'd happily sit situate myself there in the right company.

Although the result did nothing to help, the atmosphere up there for Sheffield Wednesday was immense, along with the Everton game the equaliser against them was one of the highlights of the season.

I think it's just the one pillar and it's not too hard to adjust too. Other than that it is a good view.

If numbers were to swell it would be good to have vocalests in the bottom half as well, obviously the overview of the game isn't as clear but there are no pillars :) . I'd happily sit situate myself there in the right company.

I don't see why we can't extend to the upper F block too - we just need the numbers.

I just had a gander at the virtual tour on the official site, which is worth doing if you're still deliberating.

Ideally we'd take as much of that side of the Williams as possible.

Season Ticket pricing for the Williams (same as Dolman) is:

Adult -

£325 (before June 2) with a saving of £174....U16s - £75, Oldies - £220, Bloody students - £170

£360 (up to August 5) with a saving of £139....U16s - £85, Oldies - £240, Bloody students - £190

City's ticket hotline on 0870 112 1897.

Is it possible to get some figures from the Ticket office about how many the block holds how many people have renewed or bought ST's in there for the new season...?

I may be going down this Wed once i know what everyone is doing and then will come back with some figures...:)

I would have preferred Dolman A/B (and voted for it in the poll), but I am willing to go wherever the atmosphere goes.

If I can help to make AG loud again, well, then thats all I want, so Williams E it will be.

Good man, i have mentioned that we need to see what people that would prefer Dolman A are willing to do.

I would imagine that most would join the consensus as i would if the majority wanted Dolman A!

Good man, i have mentioned that we need to see what people that would prefer Dolman A are willing to do.

I would imagine that most would join the consensus as i would if the majority wanted Dolman A!

Me too!

I've forever been an AG nomad just followed where ever I believe the best craic to be. ALL vocalests together has got to be the best plan but after thrashing out the details (and recounting experiance) I believe Williams E to be the best bet.

I'll definately be insisting on a good study of the monitors in the ticket office when I make my purchase at the end of the month.

:englandsmile4wf:

Sorry chaps, just re-newed today, Dolman, block b, row r, LOVE IT! Cant wait for the season to start!

You idiot! :P

Looks like people are steering towards the Block E Williams idea, were you planning on sitting somewhere where people go to sing? Were you hoping people would move to the Dolman A Block?

E-block 2 seasons ago was excellent. If this was fully supported by all, i'd be very tempted to get a Season Ticket. Definately creates a better atmosphere than the Dolman G, with a lower roof and more "squishiness" amongst fans.

Best memory; (not sure who it was against, but a very large fan - maybe Hull)

"We can see you rolling out"

:englandsmile4wf:

Sorry chaps, just re-newed today, Dolman, block b, row r, LOVE IT! Cant wait for the season to start!

You idiot! :P

Looks like people are steering towards the Block E Williams idea, were you planning on sitting somewhere where people go to sing? Were you hoping people would move to the Dolman A Block?

One can always relocate.

E-block 2 seasons ago was excellent. If this was fully supported by all, i'd be very tempted to get a Season Ticket. Definately creates a better atmosphere than the Dolman G, with a lower roof and more "squishiness" amongst fans.

Best memory; (not sure who it was against, but a very large fan - maybe Hull)

"We can see you rolling out"

Yeah - that fat boy from Hull :D

Sorry chaps i shall be getting my dolman B row W again, suprisingly good atmos there.

It doesn't travel though.

Overall this is the precise reason why the vocal support at AG is so embaressing.

With our traditional home end denied us and AG not nicely compact like other grounds such as Loftus Road, the vocal support we do have is further diluted through seperation.

Seriously: We need to congregate TOGETHER.

One can always relocate.

Yeah - that fat boy from Hull :D

It doesn't travel though.

Overall this is the precise reason why the vocal support at AG is so embaressing.

With our traditional home end denied us and AG not nicely compact like other grounds such as Loftus Road, the vocal support we do have is further diluted through seperation.

Seriously: We need to congregate TOGETHER.

If your the nomads and hence like to travel, do one to block A in the dolman and i can assure you we will have a decent atmos with whats already there.

If your the nomads and hence like to travel, do one to block A in the dolman and i can assure you we will have a decent atmos with whats already there.

If thats the place to be then I'll happily be there, I used to sit up in B when it was fun, just, like has been said, nobody other than the people involved can hear it - same as G-Block this last season, the acoustics in the Dolman aren't good and the noise doesn't travel.

I maintain that with everybody assembled in the E a better overall impact would be witnessed - slightly obscured view or not.

If thats the place to be then I'll happily be there, I used to sit up in B when it was fun, just, like has been said, nobody other than the people involved can hear it - same as G-Block this last season, the acoustics in the Dolman aren't good and the noise doesn't travel.

I maintain that with everybody assembled in the E a better overall impact would be witnessed - slightly obscured view or not.

As long as we can hear it surely thats all that matters.

As long as we can hear it surely thats all that matters.

Well the noise made from G-spot this last season I can't see being beaten without many more numbers, the effort and enthusiasm was there, but it could still not be heard by much of AG and esp. the away fans in the EE who commonly still referred to AG as a library. (an unpleasent tag). If we were to get those numbers (or more) congregating up the far end of the Dolman our efforts would be simillarly wasted.

The quality of vocal support needs to be chanelled and I believe Williams E is the way to do it.

I want away fans to be complimantary in a mutural respect kind of way about our vocal support and what with them being situated where they are they aren't going to give it if they simply can't hear it, which they won't no matter how loud it is with us in the far end of the Dolman.

Well the noise made from G-spot this last season I can't see being beaten without many more numbers, the effort and enthusiasm was there, but it could still not be heard by much of AG and esp. the away fans in the EE who commonly still referred to AG as a library. (an unpleasent tag). If we were to get those numbers (or more) congregating up the far end of the Dolman our efforts would be simillarly wasted.

The quality of vocal support needs to be chanelled and I believe Williams E is the way to do it.

I want away fans to be complimantary in a mutural respect kind of way about our vocal support and what with them being situated where they are they aren't going to give it if they simply can't hear it, which they won't no matter how loud it is with us in the far end of the Dolman.

I don't think many away fans would compliment our atmos even if we were loud and continuously singing.

Theres a deep rooted pride i suppose about not admiting they were outsung.

In favour of the Williams again is that when i sat in the Ateyo a few seasons ago when people congregated there for that season i could quite clearly hear them the whole game! The numbers didn't look that great certainly not as much as the G Block received this season so if we get the numbers next season it will be a quality atmosphere.

Archived