IGNORED

The Stand Up Sit Down Campaign

cheshire_red

Out of the reams and reams of paperwork that is the Lord Justice Taylor report we can read somewhere amongst it the conclusion that: "Standing accommodation is not intrinsically unsafe". I bet that Taylor report cost the UK taxpayer £millions and that money lined the pockets of many a corrupt toff/snob lawyer and corrupt politician. The now deceased Lord Justice Taylor will be remembered in much the same light as the hanging Judge Jefferies for his report that cost us our East End terrace. Don't forget also that Aston Villa fans lost their Holt End terrace, Liverpool lost their world famous Kop terrace and Man U lost their Stretford End terrace etc.

No compromise with the Lord Justice Taylor report supporters - reclaim Ashton Gate for the fans - bring back our East End terrace. :englandsmile4wf:

End the Royalist unelected toff/snob tyranny and restore democracy. :w00t:

I have always been at a loss as to why seating is looked upon as being essential in a stadium.

From a safety view seating is not safer than terracing as seats are an inherent risk & terraces can be evacuated more easily if necessary.Seats do not help combat hooliganism if we use Ashton Gate and the Dolman stand as an example.

So the reason City have an entirely seated stadium is either the club think they can wringe more money out of us by charging more for seat or our Chairman is scared of the improved atmosphere a standing area will bring what with all those nasty singers and that.

So the reason City have an entirely seated stadium is either the club think they can wringe more money out of us by charging more for seat or our Chairman is scared of the improved atmosphere a standing area will bring what with all those nasty singers and that.

I would be perfectly happy and I'm sure others would be to pay the same as a seat for a terrace spot.

Imagine that! Fans being thrown out for breaking the law...Whatever next honestly.

It's not actually illegal mate, against club rules? Yes so a simple remedy would be ...........?

I would be perfectly happy and I'm sure others would be to pay the same as a seat for a terrace spot.

Indeed i am one of the others.

It's not actually illegal mate, against club rules? Yes so a simple remedy would be ...........?

I thought it was made illegal, or at least in FA rules down to League Two?

Could be wrong, but the point is that the club are amazingly, measurably unlikely to change their minds on it.

I might be wrong about the legalities of it though in fairness mate.

The simple remedy you refer to might be to prioritise what you want from your football club, like promotion, attractive football etc, over some other issues. But that's entirely personal of course.

I thought it was made illegal, or at least in FA rules down to League Two?

Could be wrong, but the point is that the club are amazingly, measurably unlikely to change their minds on it.

I might be wrong about the legalities of it though in fairness mate.

The simple remedy you refer to might be to prioritise what you want from your football club, like promotion, attractive football etc, over some other issues. But that's entirely personal of course.

Why would an issue like standing affect promtion or attractive football? I think something as basic as being able to stand in the part of the ground you wish is quite a priority as it certainly detracts from my day out.

Fulham had terracing for one season in the premiership & Cardiff still have terracing in the first division.

Fulham had terracing for one season in the premiership & Cardiff still have terracing in the first division.

I think i'm right in saying if you get promotion to the Prem you are allowed one season to make the stadium all seated.

I'm unsure what the championship is though. But I do know that Cardiff's stadium should have been all seated by the end of the season just finished but they apealing against it or something.

I think i'm right in saying if you get promotion to the Prem you are allowed one season to make the stadium all seated.

I'm unsure what the championship is though. But I do know that Cardiff's stadium should have been all seated by the end of the season just finished but they apealing against it or something.

One season for the premiership and 3 seasons for the first division and in some cases e.g Cardiff longer.

Taylor also made a number of recommendations about fans being more involved in the running of Clubs, but this was conveniently overlooked. What else was glossed over was that it was nor terracing as such that was at fault, but having 3 enclosed terraced areas with control over numbers going into each pen. Had the dividing fences not been there, it would have been safe. Mind you, with this issue, the many Police failures, the medical failures, and the poor organisation by the FA, far better to blame the fans in some way than actually accept any responsibility!

anyone answer why that Germany with a bigger hoolie problem, and even bigger safety nazi culture than Britain, STILL allows standing at their grounds??

If they had all-seater stadium they would get rid of the hooligan problems AND Gemany's "bigger safety nazi culture" (whatever that is) all in one go.

If they had all-seater stadium they would get rid of the hooligan problems AND Gemany's "bigger safety nazi culture" (whatever that is) all in one go.

Can you explain why someone being seated will mean they behave better because all the worst outbreaks of Hooliganism at Ashton Gate e.g Millwall, Sheff Utd, Portsmoth & Rovers stemmed from seated areas and in particular the Dolman stand ?

Taylor also made a number of recommendations about fans being more involved in the running of Clubs, but this was conveniently overlooked. What else was glossed over was that it was nor terracing as such that was at fault, but having 3 enclosed terraced areas with control over numbers going into each pen. Had the dividing fences not been there, it would have been safe. Mind you, with this issue, the many Police failures, the medical failures, and the poor organisation by the FA, far better to blame the fans in some way than actually accept any responsibility!

The Taylor report also recommends maximum admission prices which was also conveniently overlooked.

Odd that!

Guest North Street

Go through the turnstiles, go to the toilet, buy a pie then wave enthusiastically at Aaron Brown all require naughty standing then Steve Brooker bangs one in the onion bag and ten thousand people leap out of their seats instantly rendering a seats v standing safety issue meaningless. It all makes sense to me!

Guest east dundry red

thats a lie.

What about turkey? Many stadiums are all seater and it doesnt stop the hooligan culture.

from what i can see you think being stood on a terrance makes you a holligan.

As well looks like i may as well buy myself some stone island gear and go join the CSF!

thats a lie.

What about turkey? Many stadiums are all seater and it doesnt stop the hooligan culture.

from what i can see you think being stood on a terrance makes you a holligan.

As well looks like i may as well buy myself some stone island gear and go join the CSF!

No, as someone who has spent 30 years of my "football life" standing in the east end, I don't think that, my reply was a flippant one. But I was quite anxious about this "German bigger safety Nazi culture" business - I think that we should all be worried about it!

No, as someone who has spent 30 years of my "football life" standing in the east end, I don't think that, my reply was a flippant one. But I was quite anxious about this "German bigger safety Nazi culture" business - I think that we should all be worried about it!

Your thirty years will then have taught you that at Ashton Gate seating does not equal better behaviour in fact [Millwall, Sheff U etc] it could be argued that it made things worse. So again why does someone being seated mean they behave better?

Archived