IGNORED

Summer Festivals/gigs

RED4LIFE

With the non-city months upon us, I wondered If anyone had any plans for this summer, specifically festivals.

If you are going to a festival/holiday, where are you going and for what reason?

I am going to Benicassim festival in Spain.

The main reasons being, there is no Glastonbury this year, and I'm not a big fan of Reading or V festivals (too commercial), and its going to be really hot, you are by a beach and a water park.

Its like a summer holiday with a music festival tacked on the end.

this summer really is about surfing for me, finally free of school before uni so will be working as much as possible. Also will be fitting in reading festival and red hot chili peppers along the way !

If you have just finished school and going to Uni, don't work, get loaded as much as possible.

You are only young twice!!

I'm pushing the boat out and going to Ashton Court festival. I'm, setting up the 'Trev stage'.

Do you need any help.

As I love Trev as much as the next man, I would like to think there will be an OTIB stage, which we will get get Geustlist passes for.

Reading (as I thnik I've told everyone many times, haha :D)

What's all this about it being 'too commerical'?? :dunno: Surely if the lineups amazing as it is this year, sponsoring and that doesn't mean anything. I can't wait for it.

Might go to Ashton Court too, this Trev Stage idea sounds intriguing :D

What's all this about it being 'too commerical'?? :dunno: Surely if the lineups amazing as it is this year, sponsoring and that doesn't mean anything. I can't wait for it.

Sorry Sophs, maybe I'm being pedantic, but I went to Reading for a few years on the bounce in the late 90's and loved it. Unfortunately, I am a Glastonbury lover as there is no other festival in the world (I have spoken to a lot of non-english people about this, who have gone), that comes close.

I didnt go to Reading for about 5 years, but went in 2004 with a girlfriend. I was 28 at the time, and it felt as if I was the oldest person there, and I hated it, as did my girlfriend, which sucked as there was a lot of great bands ther (the Libertines, Franz Ferdinand etc), but a load of rubbish too (the Darkness)

You have the Orange tent, The Bacardi bar and its sponsored by the worst beer on the market!

At Glastonbury, you have a small radio 1 stage and thats about it.

You will, and should, enjoy Reading, but I implore you to save your pennys and make a concerted effort to get to Glastonbury next year. You will then see what I mean.

I have been to Glasto for the last 8 years, and it was only 2 years ago I saw the 'other' half of it (green fields, sacred stones etc), as its so big and varied.

A friend of mine went for the 1st time 2 years ago. She was at the stone circle in the early hours and left her handbag/purse where she was sat. 2 weeks later it was delivered to her house with all her cards and money in. You just don't get the sort of people who would do that anywhere else.

You will, and should, enjoy Reading, but I implore you to save your pennys and make a concerted effort to get to Glastonbury next year. You will then see what I mean.

I have been to Glasto for the last 8 years, and it was only 2 years ago I saw the 'other' half of it (green fields, sacred stones etc), as its so big and varied.

A friend of mine went for the 1st time 2 years ago. She was at the stone circle in the early hours and left her handbag/purse where she was sat. 2 weeks later it was delivered to her house with all her cards and money in. You just don't get the sort of people who would do that anywhere else.

Agree hugely - have done a number of Readings and a number of Glastos and (as I have said elsewhere) Reading is not a patch on Glasto as a festival. Reading is three single day events from 10 - 11 whereas Glasto is a 24 hour experience.

Reading is all about top quality music for me (far better than Glasto) but Glasto is the better festival. The best thing to do, is do both festivals in the same year for a good mix of experience.

Reading (as I thnik I've told everyone many times, haha :D)

Sorry Sophs, maybe I'm being pedantic, but I went to Reading for a few years on the bounce in the late 90's and loved it. Unfortunately, I am a Glastonbury lover as there is no other festival in the world (I have spoken to a lot of non-english people about this, who have gone), that comes close.

I first went to Reading in 1994 (before you were born, eh Sophs? :whistle: ) and loved it. The Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Cypress Hill were there, and I also saw The Verve, Pulp, The Manics and Primal Scream!!

I went the next couple of years and saw the Foo Fighters, Prodigy and Stone Roses. I loved festivals in my teens, but haven't felt like doing it since. Glasto next year might have to be done though.

We'll see how the Trev stage does at Ashton Court and if it's a success we'll take it to the major festivals next year.

I first went to Reading in 1994 (before you were born, eh Sophs? :whistle: ) and loved it.

Sorry but :laugh:

Mozo - Can Comedy Dave & Dom's band "Folkface" play on your stage by any chance?

The Trev stage is going to be so popular, next year we will have to organise Trevstonbury.

It will be a festival of original giraffe music combined with todays up and coming stars (like Trev)

Trev has assured me there will be no Robbie Williams there, so its a must in your diarys for next summer.

I have heard on the grapevine that Jack White is thinking of collabarating with Trev on his next project.

Possibly known as the Trevonteurs.

Balls, I just knocked a FULL pint of Natch over then!! Damn you Trev, and the excitement you bring.

Sorry but :laugh:

Mozo - Can Comedy Dave & Dom's band "Folkface" play on your stage by any chance?

I haven't heard Folkface, are they good?

The Trev stage is going to be so popular, next year we will have to organise Trevstonbury.

It will be a festival of original giraffe music combined with todays up and coming stars (like Trev)

Trev has assured me there will be no Robbie Williams there, so its a must in your diarys for next summer.

I have heard on the grapevine that Jack White is thinking of collabarating with Trev on his next project.

Possibly known as the Trevonteurs.

Balls, I just knocked a FULL pint of Natch over then!! Damn you Trev, and the excitement you bring.

Trevstock and Trevorpallooza are already being lined up. Sponsored by Natch, we hope.

Archived