IGNORED

Shevchenko To Chelsea!

mozo

i can see actually see Shevchenko playing for Chelsea next season. very good, seeing a player who you see week in week out scoring goals in a different country in their top division. Shevchenko is in my opinion the 2nd best finisher in the world (Henry the best) and this will only make Chelsea better.

"you may not recognize my face, but you will recognize my goals" Shevchenko

i can see actually see Shevchenko playing for Chelsea next season. very good, seeing a player who you see week in week out scoring goals in a different country in their top division. Shevchenko is in my opinion the 2nd best finisher in the world (Henry the best) and this will only make Chelsea better.

"you may not recognize my face, but you will recognize my goals" Shevchenko

There's not a single doubt about Shev's shooting ability - he's an immense goalscorer.

Chelsea seem to feel they need more experience and proven winners in the squad, and Ballack and Shevchenko definitely fit the bill.

Schevchenko is currently the highest wage earner in football, earning £130,000 a week at Milan.

What the hell are Cheslea offering him?

Whats your source on that?

I think Chelsea will have to give him and Ballack 4 year deals on massive money, and they'll then be looking at two 34 year old players on wages too high to be able to sell them. Bit of a risk even for a loaded club...

Whats your source on that?

I think Chelsea will have to give him and Ballack 4 year deals on massive money, and they'll then be looking at two 34 year old players on wages too high to be able to sell them. Bit of a risk even for a loaded club...

i rember this from about 2 seasons ago when there was a discussion about wage capping, and it said in a few newspapers that Schevchenko is on 130,000, and a load of Real Madrid players are on 120,000, and Lampard and Terry are on about 90,000

i rember this from about 2 seasons ago when there was a discussion about wage capping, and it said in a few newspapers that Schevchenko is on 130,000, and a load of Real Madrid players are on 120,000, and Lampard and Terry are on about 90,000

Considering Chelsea's budget, I'd say Lamps and Terry are value for every penny. We're talking about two of the world's best players in their respective positions.

I don't think signing a 29 year-old Shevchenko is a bad thing. He's still one of the two best strikers in the world and will be an asset for about three more years, injury permitting. Same goes for Ballack.

Would you pick Shevchenko or Drogba?! I don't think he'd see too much of the bench...

The same can be said about Crespo, IMO Cresop is better than Drogba but Drogba is Mourinho's choice as he seems to fit into the formation better. Although i think Shevchenko would be better than Crespo as a lone striker.

With Ballack aswell they will have a midfield full of quality, Lampard, Cole, Makelele, Robben and Ballack. If they get Shevchenko i can see them retaining the title once again next year.

If they get Shevchenko i can see them retaining the title once again next year.

That isn't why they're signing these big-name players.

They don't just want the league again - they want the Champions League too.

Mourinho feels the pressure and needs these special players.

That isn't why they're signing these big-name players.

They don't just want the league again - they want the Champions League too.

Mourinho feels the pressure and needs these special players.

Shevchenko would make Chelsea a nighmare team to play :( I'm happy to see Roman bring him to the UK and show off his skills i suppose.

I want Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United to come in for him.

That would make the Premiership very interesting if he lives up to his repuatation. Imagine Rooney and Shevcenko up front. Madness.

But what if that made Man Utd a better team :o

But what if that made Man Utd a better team :o

Then we have a championship race on the cards.

Yeah, I dislike Manchester United like the next person but it would make Sky Sports on a Sunday more interesting!!!

Okay Henry and Shevcenko.... or Crouch & Shevcenko!!!!

Then we have a championship race on the cards.

Yeah, I dislike Manchester United like the next person but it would make Sky Sports on a Sunday more interesting!!!

Okay Henry and Shevcenko.... or Crouch & Shevcenko!!!!

Henry and Shevchenko... Now we're talking. I don't like the French theme Arsenal have got going on but I dislike them a hell of a lot less than I hate Man Utd. Imagine Ferguson's smug face at the press conference "And here we have our newest signing..." Nope, that's no good, I just wouldn't allow that to happen.

More of your intellectual football critique there Baz. Has he done anything in particular to annoy you?

There are several reasons, firstly his hair, secondly oh, I forgot you were German, thirdly, he gives off a level of arrogance and fourthyly I just dislike him ok? Pfft can't do anything around here without getting INTEROGATED

There are several reasons, firstly his hair, secondly oh, I forgot you were German, thirdly, he gives off a level of arrogance and fourthyly I just dislike him ok?

Are you describing him or me there? :shifty:

Pfft can't do anything around here without getting INTEROGATED

Could you please explain the finer points of that comment. :razz:

Archived